PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2010, 06:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch diamond
Carrier: Sprint

Grandboy3000 is keeping up the good workGrandboy3000 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation help with making apps

hey i just got microsoft visual studio professional 2008 and is this the best program to make applications? also, i am learning c# is this the best? can someone help and make a tutorial on how to make nice apps.

EDIT: now i have made my first app using visual basic. i am now going to use visual basic for a while, for the simple reason that it is easier to me. i have found some tutorials now, although i still want u guys to post any you find here. here are the tutorials i found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=brCb_AHbc5I
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdyu3dRJams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDkeEqiqA58
environmentalnerd and all of his videos.

thats all and theres a whole bunch more if you search. i still have not found a video yet that explains visual basic and codes and stuff like that. please post any more if you find them.

thanks for your time.

Get to all of my windows mobile applications easily! Click Here!

Last edited by Grandboy3000; 02-23-2010 at 07:23 PM. Reason: need help with creating apps
Old 02-19-2010, 08:20 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: help with making apps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandboy3000 View Post
hey i just got microsoft visual studio professional 2008 and is this the best program to make applications? also, i am learning c# is this the best? can someone help and make a tutorial on how to make nice apps.

thankks for your time.
theres not really a tutorial to coding for the most part. you have to watch out for syntax errors especially. loose code that routes all over the place is going to casue lag and memory leaks while tighter code is going to be better sicne not jumping from top to bottom. to tell the truth i would like to see you go after more of C++ for the pocketpc playform. right through visual basic you can download the emulator of the device so you can test on there first and not ruin your device... if you want to send me a pm i can get you some more information with the tutorials i used to learn a couple years back.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-20-2010, 11:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro2, Pro, Diamond, Touch, Mogul

JCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJCerna is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Have you written any applications before? If you have not then start with something simple don't do a mobile app just start coding like a calculator. C is a great code to write with as your apps will be really light but if you want to start writing apps for the future of mobile phones keep an eye out for MIX 2010. Search online for the SDK for win mobile 6, 6.5, and after Mix 2010 7 Series. The only way to learn is set a goal and start small like a calculator clock etc. Once you have something like that you can begin on a bigger app. Also start learning silverligth as it will be future of all apps mobile and windows.

If you get stuck on something find a good forum for developers like experts exchange. There are many samples online. The only problem is the compact .net is not really the same as the full .net so some of the code in some of the examples may not work on a mobile phone.

Hope this helps you get started, and have fun.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-22-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc touch diamond
Threadstarter

Grandboy3000 is keeping up the good workGrandboy3000 is keeping up the good work

thanks for the help guys. anyone else who would like to post a link here to a tutorial or something please do so it will help me very much.

Thanks
Old 03-01-2010, 09:57 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandboy3000 View Post
thanks for the help guys. anyone else who would like to post a link here to a tutorial or something please do so it will help me very much.

Thanks
MSDN

Tons of info, tutorials, forums, practice app walkthroughs, etc.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tp2

AL_CAPONE_187 is becoming a great contributor

this looks interesting
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Development

Tags