PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Lurker

Momotombo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Having problems after unlocking with Olipro

Yeah, of course I am.

It's stuck in the bootloader. It doesn't connect via ActiveSync and it's unresponsive otherwise. I can't get it out of the bootloader using titan_exitbl.exe because it throws an error about it not being able to connect through ActiveSync.

I was following GaMedic's tutorial and this happened. I have no idea what to do; I heard that I have to flash a new ROM to it, but how am I supposed to do that if I need to flash a radio first? Or am I?

If anyone will be so kind, can I get a link to the stock ROM for the Sprint Mogul?

EDIT: I just flashed the latest radio (according to that thread) anyway. Update was a success, and I'm getting ready to cook up my own ROM. I guess that's the way it was supposed to be done.

EDIT 2: I used Ryan Mogul's ROM instead, I thought it'd be easier and I probably don't need anything more or less. It's customizing right now, and I'm gonna go through the PST settings tutorial. I just hope this ends up disabling my old phone and transferring the number and all that to this one. I guess I'm more in the know now, or at least I will be after this is over.

EDIT 3: Okay, apparently my phone isn't unlocked, even though I went through that whole process. I tried entering six zeros like that thread said, and it doesn't go through. FML.

EDIT 4: Now I'm really stuck. I was trying to follow the instructions in the ZIP from this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=61034
In the text file, it says to dial ##3424#. When I do that, it's supposed to pop something up, but it's not doing that. A voice says my device hasn't been activated, and then it ends the call. So I tried running DMRouter.exe like it said to, and absolutely nothing happens. I can't even open it. I really need help now.

EDIT 5: I was able to load the Cricket PRL file included in Ryan Mogul's ROM using the SPC code I got from some program, but that's it. Now when I dial ##3424#, I get some voice talking about a roaming network or something. Please help me, I've been waiting all this time, but please help me. Please.

Last edited by Momotombo; 03-24-2009 at 09:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

ihavenoclue is a n00b
Re: Having problems after unlocking with Olipro

If you are having trouble dialing ##3424#, try this to get DMRouter running:

Hold down the center button on your d-pad. Tap and hold on the clock in the title bar. A menu will appear with two options. Choose Run. Type dmrouter.exe /DIAG (There is a space between the dmrouter.exe and /DIAG).

The DMRouter program should open up.

If the clock doesn't show up in the title bar, click Start > Settings > Clock & Alarms. Then go to the 'More' tab and check the box Display Clock on title bar in all programs.
Old 03-24-2009, 10:36 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Thanks, but I already figured that out myself. I was about to make another edit about it.

Now the problem is that QPST isn't detecting the phone on any COM ports. I briefly saw it on COM 4, but I guess that was too good to be true. However, I didn't reboot my computer after installing the modem drivers like I was supposed to, so I'm gonna try that now.

EDIT: Didn't work at all. I have no idea what to do at this point. I need more help.

Last edited by Momotombo; 03-24-2009 at 10:45 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:01 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

It says so next to the thread title, Cricket.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:23 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: U.S. Cellular

ihavenoclue is a n00b

I'm assuming you've gone through the QPST Configuration program and tried adding new ports and such? Other than that, I guess I don't know.
Old 03-24-2009, 11:27 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Yeah, I did. I had to uncheck "Show Serial and USB/QC Diagnostic ports only" and the right thing showed up, I think. Now the numbers on DmRouter are getting bigger and the it shows up in QPST too. I just hope I don't run into another brick wall with the next steps. But I'm pretty sure I will.

EDIT: Like I said, brick wall. When I dial *228, it can't program my phone. I get the typical "We're sorry" message and all that. Sadly, that's the next step in the PST settings thread, so now I've hit an even worse brick wall than before. No idea where to go now. I'll keep looking, but please help me. I'm completely confused as to why I keep running into these problems.

Last edited by Momotombo; 03-24-2009 at 11:43 PM.
Old 03-25-2009, 01:00 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv-6800
Carrier: Cricket

DenverDev is a n00b

Ok.....did you get it out of bootloader? Here is a thread
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...xit+bootloader

which says that you have to have active sync turned off......

Did you ever get your phone actually unlocked? If Olipro didnt work for you try the Nuespl SD card method outlined by GaMedic here:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com//showthread.php?t=33857

He outlines how to use SD to unlock the phone....

When you finally get the phone successfully flashed you will have to go by Cricket (or maybe call them) so that their system recognizes your phone (probably needing the ESN)......Since you are flashing a phone that did not come from them, they will probably need some information to activate it

HTH
Old 03-25-2009, 01:07 AM
N00b

DenverDev is a n00b

First and foremost.....get your phone unlocked.....when you flash RyanMogul's ROM, probably best NOT to let customizations run......it will give you a three second countdown...(RyanMogul even points out in post #3 that allowing the customizations to run could be problematic) during that countdown, soft reset....
Old 03-25-2009, 01:17 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Momotombo is a n00b

Okay, now I have more questions and things to clear up.

After I used Olipro to unlock the phone, it wouldn't get out of the bootloader, so I just flashed the radio and then RyanMogul's ROM. I did let the customizations run, so I'll search for how to do a hard reset so I can stop that from happening next time.

About having to let Cricket know: Is there a number I can call? I really don't want to have to go to the store, because then I'd probably have to wait until the weekend.

But anyway, yeah, my SPC is now 000000 and called *228 just doesn't work. I'll try hard resetting+not letting the customization run, but I dunno if it's too late.

EDIT: As you should expect, after hard resetting+not allowing the customizations to run, I dialed *228 like it says in the instructions and I still get the "I'm sorry" from the voice. How do I call cricket to let them know about my phone or whatever you said?

EDIT 2: Okay, that was stupid. I guess I have to call 1-800-CRICKET and tell them about my new phone through that. Can anyone out there tell me all the prerequisites, as well as what they'll do exactly?

Just to recap, so far I've: Used Olipro, Flashed the latest GPS-enabled radio, flashed RyanMogul's ROM, Changed the SPC to 000000, and enabled the GPS stuff in QPST. I don't know if I missed anything in that list, but with all of that said and done, will the be able to program my phone OTA when I call them? And obviously I won't be using either of my cell phones, since I expect the first one to to deactivate and the second to not work until the first is done. So yeah, can anyone confirm for me?

I guess since there aren't many people replying and it's too late to call Cricket, I'll go to sleep soon. Thanks for all the help.

Last edited by Momotombo; 03-25-2009 at 01:42 AM.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:24 PM
N00b

DenverDev is a n00b

If you already have Cricket account, it should be pretty easy....even if you dont it should be pretty easy....call them

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development