PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2008, 07:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

neodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regularneodorian is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Step by Step tutorial for unlocking your device and cooking your own ROM!!!

Well, it worked out fine. I just had to take the folder generated by BuildOS and put it on the desktop so the RUU could access the files. Worked out nicely although it's my first cooked ROM and I doubt it will be my best. I just wanted to test some things out but I may recook later on. Thanks for the writeup. You made it just simple enough that my curiosity overcame my laziness and got me to cook my own on a slow work day Now I just need to work on building a faster one since this one kinda lags.
Old 08-05-2008, 08:45 PM
Ditch Doctor
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I updated the text file attached to the first post. You can download it to have the Tutorial saved to your PC or for printing.

Feel free to if choose to do so.
My ROM for Verizon, Sprint, Alltel, US Cellular and Cricket 20931 Base!!

The THANKS button is over there------------------------------------------------>
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-06-2008, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work
Send a message via MSN to chevyforlife

so if i upgrade my phone to the new sprint rom it will put the new radio rom on there for me and i need to stop it be for the customization starts, then i can use the RUU to upgrade to a custom rom? that is what im getting out of this text i must not be reading something right cause it doesnt make sense to me any help would be welcome.
~chevy
EDIT~ IM RUNNING THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF ALLTEL'S ROM. ITS ROM 3.35.671.9 AND THE RADIO IS 03.37.20. SO DOES THIS MEAN THAAT I DONT HAVE TO UPDATE MY RADIO ROM? AND SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN.
Radio: 3.42.50

Last edited by chevyforlife; 08-06-2008 at 02:52 PM.
Old 08-06-2008, 03:00 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife View Post
so if i upgrade my phone to the new sprint rom it will put the new radio rom on there for me and i need to stop it be for the customization starts, then i can use the RUU to upgrade to a custom rom? that is what im getting out of this text i must not be reading something right cause it doesnt make sense to me any help would be welcome.
~chevy
In a nutshell, Yes.

Quote:
EDIT~ IM RUNNING THE OFFICIAL RELEASE OF ALLTEL'S ROM. ITS ROM 3.35.671.9 AND THE RADIO IS 03.37.20. SO DOES THIS MEAN THAAT I DONT HAVE TO UPDATE MY RADIO ROM? AND SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS MY KEYBOARD IS BROKEN.
You dont need to upgrade your Radio past 3.35 (almost every custom ROM works on 3.35+)
however if you want to upgrade your Radio, easiest thing to do is flash via SD Card
Old 08-06-2008, 03:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

chevyforlife is keeping up the good workchevyforlife is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff View Post
In a nutshell, Yes.

You dont need to upgrade your Radio past 3.35 (almost every custom ROM works on 3.35+)
however if you want to upgrade your Radio, easiest thing to do is flash via SD Card
THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY AND SORRY BOUT THE CAPS IM NOT YELLING AT YOU LOL. BUT I HAD THE NEWEST UPDATE FROM ALLTEL AND IT HAS THE 03.37.20 RADIO ON IT. SO I DONT NEED TO UPGRADE MY RADIO THEN? WILL I STILL HAVE GPS? T.I.A.
~CHEVY
Old 08-06-2008, 03:47 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLY AND SORRY BOUT THE CAPS IM NOT YELLING AT YOU LOL. BUT I HAD THE NEWEST UPDATE FROM ALLTEL AND IT HAS THE 03.37.20 RADIO ON IT. SO I DONT NEED TO UPGRADE MY RADIO THEN? WILL I STILL HAVE GPS? T.I.A.
~CHEVY
No. You shouldn't need to upgrade your Radio. (anything over 3.35 'unlocks' GPS)
If you flash a GPS capable ROM, GPS 'should' work. (disclaimer: not guarenteed)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-06-2008, 06:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker

thanks so much to those that have helped and id like to thank those at ppckitchen for the easy to use interface and to Ga. Medic for the easy to comprehend "how to" guide. thanks again to all that helped and now im addicted XD
Old 08-06-2008, 07:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker

ok now that i have a custom rom i have one question. why is it saying that im roaming??? i need help on this ive searched and cant find anything.
Old 08-06-2008, 07:55 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

GaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIPGaMedic is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

You may need to update the PRL. I saw something in one of the threads about this issue I believe. I don't know much about Altell but I will try to help search the problem.
Old 08-06-2008, 08:12 PM
Ditch Doctor
Threadstarter

Can you do the ##778 to go into EPST and see what your PRL is?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development