PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Post Master General
Pocket PC: White Evo: Myn's TPT RLS5, Stock Kernel
Carrier: The "NOW" Network

InvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributionsInvincibleLiving should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge General Discussion Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedoig View Post
I'm sure no2chem is much more up on this stuff than me, but just in case (and maybe someone else will find this interesting), there have been some more updates on driver progress at htcclassaction.org. One interesting part:

They have also reportedly gotten a QVGA Manilla running at about 20fps using their drivers. Good stuff.
so when will WE be able to partake of this goodness?

Best... Member... Ever...
Old 07-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint
Threadstarter

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
I'm sure no2chem is much more up on this stuff than me, but just in case (and maybe someone else will find this interesting), there have been some more updates on driver progress at htcclassaction.org. One interesting part:

They have also reportedly gotten a QVGA Manilla running at about 20fps using their drivers. Good stuff.

yeah, unfortunately without those fast flip functions, its hard to get the fixes nushrike got working...

I have had (some) limited success in using the cdma raphael DDI, but it seemed to have a small problem talking to the LCD... some problems probably include a different panel type and 640x480 resolution...
Old 07-29-2008, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Sprint

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy

I have not seen anyone talk about this so either it is just my machine or something wrong with nueLock..
When the phone is locked with nueLock (grey screen with Key Lock in center) and a phone call comes in there are two issues.
1. The new call popup fights with nueLock for the front position which causes the screen to flash/flicker.
2. You can not push the talk button to answer the call you have to quickly do the slide thing and hope you can then answer the call before it goes to VM.

Also, the text in the center says you can slide OR use the hardware switch. is this the wifi switch? if so this does not work for me (might be because I have the switch set to control volume...

this is all with pre-8
Old 07-29-2008, 02:14 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
I have not seen anyone talk about this so either it is just my machine or something wrong with nueLock..
When the phone is locked with nueLock (grey screen with Key Lock in center) and a phone call comes in there are two issues.
1. The new call popup fights with nueLock for the front position which causes the screen to flash/flicker.
2. You can not push the talk button to answer the call you have to quickly do the slide thing and hope you can then answer the call before it goes to VM.

Also, the text in the center says you can slide OR use the hardware switch. is this the wifi switch? if so this does not work for me (might be because I have the switch set to control volume...

this is all with pre-8

You need to post this here....

Sticky: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge Report Thread
Old 07-29-2008, 02:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 6800

MrHappy is a n00b
Send a message via MSN to MrHappy Send a message via Yahoo to MrHappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyers2114 View Post
You need to post this here....

Sticky: nueROM 2.2 Bleeding Edge Report Thread
Sorry... so confusing what with 3 threads now.
Old 07-29-2008, 08:48 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
Sorry... so confusing what with 3 threads now.
No need to be sorry bro.....just helping make sure your problem gets looked at.....he is using that thread to isolate issues....
Old 07-29-2008, 08:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro, Touch Diamond, Mogul, BlackBerry Curve 8330

desairs is keeping up the good workdesairs is keeping up the good work

is there a fix for the slow keyboard?
Old 07-30-2008, 10:11 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

bedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on repbedoig is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know this is blasphemy, but does anyone else ever feel like the only thing we're really gaining from chasing the latest WM builds is new bugs?

I just loaded up the stock bootloader/ROM for a warranty issue, and it is kind of refreshing to have everything working normally. Scrolling through lists is fast, there are no Today screen issues (dcinobar, disappearing Start Bar, etc), RAM at first boot is decent at about 24MB, and the list continues. To be clear, I'm not talking about any minor glitches that may have been introduced by no2chem or any of his nueTools (which are amazingly useful). I'm talking about system wide issues that seem to affect any ROM built off some of the latest Diamond/Pro WM builds, be they from a DCD ROM/kitchen, a PPCKitchen.org kitchen, or whatever. Sometimes it seems like we'd be better off sticking with an older build until something trully worthwhile or useful presents itself in a later build. Then our master chefs could focus on a stationary target, versus simply tracking down bugs that the latest build of Windows Mobile introduced.

Ah, maybe I'm just grumpy because I got up too early this morning. Need more coffee...
Old 07-30-2008, 10:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon

tr2518 is becoming a great contributor

I guess the most simple response to this is "no pain, no gain" and "if you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"
Old 07-30-2008, 11:11 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
I know this is blasphemy, but does anyone else ever feel like the only thing we're really gaining from chasing the latest WM builds is new bugs?
Yup... I still remember stock vzw ROM as being awesomely stable and I had no problems with it other than it didn't have threaded SMS and gps which I like... this is why I'm anxiously awaiting the new vzw release.. they test the crap out of their releases and have the resources to make sure everything is working properly... flashing custom roms is fun but it's an endless game and only good if you have lots of free time on your hands.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development