PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2008, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Mizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mizono Send a message via MSN to Mizono
Mogul Update - ROM "Speculation" & Discussion Thread Part II

Ok I know how many threads have come and gone about this. I do work for sprint I am Tier 2 support. We just recieved literally a minute ago stating that 3.35.651.2 with a ROM date of 2/22/08 will be released 03/10. I have coppied as much as I can from the email regarding this. Please dont flame im not trying to stir anything up.

A maintenance release for the Mogul (PPC 6800) will be available on 3/10/08 from HTCs site. The new ROM version is 3.35.651.2 with a ROM date of 2/22/08.
It provides several key updates:
Added GPS Support
Added Sprint Navigation Application

Added Qualcomm EVDO RevA upgrade
Added Task Manager to Today Screen

It is recommended that all users update their ROM to take advantage of these enhancements. Users must back-up any data added to their device before updating the software. Instructions and the software download are posted at http://www.america.htc.com/mogulupdate
Customers must download the software upgrade application (RUU) to a PC, and then install it to their Mogul by connecting the Mogul to their PC using the USB cable provided in the box. The application will not run on MAC machines, and cannot be downloaded over the air.
Before running the ROM Upgrade Utility (RUU), customers must make sure they do the following first::
Tip: If you are having challenges connecting with ActiveSync, please try: Start > Settings > Connection Tab > USB to PC > Deselect Enable advanced network functionality.
The standby and hibernation modes are disabled on the computer.
All running applications on the computer have been closed.
Ensure that you device has a battery level of at least 50% (Start > Settings > System Tab > Power > Battery Tab). If the battery "dies" during the upgrade process, there is a chance that it will not recover and will need to be sent for repairs.
The update can take up to 25 minutes so set aside time when you will not be interrupted.
All data will be deleted from the device during the upgrade (music, pictures, 3rd party applications, etc); be sure to back up all of your data using ActiveSync prior to upgrading.
Do not interrupt the upgrade process or press any buttons until the process has been completed (the device will reset itself when the update is done).
General Procedure on Installing the ROM Update
Back up your personal data from the Mobile Device to your computer using ActiveSync if you want to ensure you don't lose any of your data. For more information on how to back up and restore your data,
click here.
On your computer, run the ROM Update Utility (RUU) to install the ROM update to your Mobile Device. (The next section provides a detailed procedure on how to install the ROM Update).
Restore your personal data back to your Mobile Device using ActiveSync. (Optional)
WARNING: During the upgrade process, do not attempt to make/receive calls, press any buttons on your device or disconnect the device from the USB cable as this will stop the update and your device will be rendered inoperable!!!
The upgrade process takes up to 25 minutes. It is recommended that you close all programs on your PC prior to starting the update program and do not open any applications or files while the update is in process. All personal data stored on the device will be lost. Make sure you save all pictures, videos, and important files to your PC prior to performing the update process.
©2007 Sprint Nextel. All rights reserved. SPRINT PROPRIETARY - INTERNAL USE ONLY

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

varaff is keeping up the good workvaraff is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to varaff
Re: Mogul Update

any word about the htc touch and gps?
Old 03-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint Ofcourse

tech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good worktech is keeping up the good work

let me just say thanks and i think this is legit date its about time!!!

Sprint Overdrive Pro 4G
Old 03-06-2008, 06:42 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Man, that looks like one sweet upgrade for you guys! Hope it doesn't get delayed, like all the other ones
Old 03-06-2008, 06:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Mizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMizono is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Mizono Send a message via MSN to Mizono

Like I said our managment literally just sent this out this evening. I havent seen the info anywhere else. And the way our managment team here is...........If we get told then it is happening. There too gun shy to send this to the entire Tier 2 dept without it being confirmed.
Old 03-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

gimmeabreak is a n00b

Thanks.

But March 10 is a Monday. I'd be thrilled if they could release the upgrade on tomorrow Friday so we have two full days on the weekend to play with it.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

SpecialAgentSicari is a n00b
Send a message via Skype™ to SpecialAgentSicari

Wow, that's crazy, I just got off the phone with a guy from tier 2 tech support, He sounded like he didn't know a damb thing, he said he didnt know when it was coming out and that he had never heard about GPS being enabled on it... Anyways, Thanks Mizono for the reassurance taht this update is in fact coming out!
Old 03-06-2008, 07:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

no2chem, I will expect WM 6.1 to be integrated with this rom within 24 hours of its release. Chop chop!!!! LOL.
Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

JimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularJimSmith94 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any word on whether this will be a newer radio than 3.27, and whether it will be WM 6.1 or better?
Old 03-06-2008, 07:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

HTC usually releases on a Monday
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development