PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2011, 08:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: vx6800
Carrier: VZW

samuel1613 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Walk me through unlocking, radioing and roming

Please help me get my phone unlocked, a new radio, and a new rom. I can't get anywhere. And I'm reading/download/trying everything!

I've read this:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-deve...r-own-rom.html

and I can't get past the first step!!!

I've read dozens of other full threads to try and move forward.

I've donwloaded all these:
Hard-spl-mfg.exe
titanunlocker
Titan radio Rom 3.42.50
dcd verizon carrier 20081031
tink's titan verizon 29007
dcd_titan_4.1.2.exe

I even went and got a 2gb NON HC Micro sd card, formatted it to fat32 512allocation, I just can't move forward from step 1.

Here's where I am:

1) Start the phone and confirm connection via active sync (over usb)
2) Run hard-spl-mfg (windows xp machine)
3) phone restarts to bootloader and reads: TITA100 MFG SPL-2.40.Olipro CPLD-9
4) hard-spl program reads: "disconnect and reconnect to continue"
5) I disconnect and reconnect phone (phone remains at bootloader screen)
6) (Active sync connection is lost sometime in here)
7) hard spl program says it is starting RUU
RUU starts
9) I confirm I have read the cautions and hit "next"
10) RUU tells next 4 steps:
1a.) connect phone via usb (done previously as instructed by hard spl program)
2a.) establish an active sync connection (how can I do this the phone is on the bootloader screen?)
3a) disable hybernation/standby on host pc (done)
4a.) make sure main battery charge is at 50% (done)

So I assume I have to reset the phone at this point to comply with step 2a above.

I reset the phone, confirm connection via active sync, click the "I completed the step indicated above" in the RUU and click "next"

RUU gives my image version 3.57.605.2 and says "Select from below" I click "update"

then it says verify that you want to update the rom version from:image version 3.57.605.2 to image version: Hard-SPL_2.40

I hit next, it confirms that it will take 10 minutes, I hit next, it starts the process, the phone resets, bootloader loads reading TITA100 SPL-2.07.0000 CPLD-9. Then RUU says: "error [262] update error".

I don't know what I am doing wrong, or how to fix it, but I know I have the right software, hardware, and tools to do so. Please give me the guidance!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Re: Walk me through unlocking, radioing and roming

Since Olipro wasn't working, I went with nuespl 2.47. that worked...I am at step 2 I think!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:13 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Copied the new verizon radio 3.42.50 on the card, rebooted to bootloader, "update in progress"!!!
Old 05-08-2011, 09:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: touch pro, tp2, epic, evo x2
Carrier: D/\SH_SPEED

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

are you using version 2.40 of the unlocker? i found this to be the best bet.

note: This update can not be run by extracting the files and just running the RUU. If the self extracting executable doesn't work for you just run the .bat file to get everything started.
once you download the hardspl unlocker

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Titan/Users/Im...rd-SPL-MFG.exe

as for your activesync issue when running it. it will tell you to disconnect the device and reconnect. when this happens you will see the script in bootloader mode change from serial to usb. when it says usb you will be connected to activesync and in most instances will make the connection sound that activesync does. than let it do its thing and you should be good.

if it doesnt work and your having the same issue make sure that you have activesync 6.5 downloaded for your computer and if you are x64 bit that you have the x64 bit attachment downloaded and installed as well to give yourself compatibility.

if you have to do the latter you should now be bootloader unlocked. you select your rom of desire either in the RUU package form or the exe form and than you flash that over to the device and it should work without issues. as for the files that you described above as using this is what those really are.
1. hardspl - thats the bootloadder unlocker itself. make sure you have version 2.40 and redownload it from that link just to be safe.
2. titan unlcoker- same think i linked you to above. (should work with the new activesync and keeping it connected through the process.)
3. titan radio rom- a non oem stock rom from htc or sprints website will not flash until the bootloader has been unlocked. unlocking the bootlader tricks the phone into believing that the rom you are flashing is a signed rom file.
4. dcd verizon carrier- this is the carrier cab that you would install after flashing a rom. cab files are application files for windows mobile as an apk is for android. all this cab will do is give you the correct mms settings, and other settings so your phone will run correctly on your network provider.
5. tinks titan verizon- this is a rom that you can flash once you are hardspl unlocked.
6. dcd_titan 4.12.exe- this is a rom file in the exe form rather than the RUU form. this can be flashed after you unlock in the same form that you unlocked.

hope this helps and let me know if you need any further assistance
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:17 PM
VIP Member

D/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIPD/\SH is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

also as for error 262 is that a connection erorr? whats the description after it? i used to know this but has been forever since i have had the titanas my main phone.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:42 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

I was using active sync 4.5 but that doesn't matter, I am past that now, thankfully. Indeed my bootloader is unlocked. I can go to bootloader (power+camera+reset) and I read no2chem...blah blah...soo I am good there. Then I put the new radio in, and now when the phone boots, I am seeing the radio as 3.42.50...so far so good. No I am running the DCD 4.1.2 executable from my computer and see where that takes me... I will update as I go.
Old 05-08-2011, 09:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

Phone has hard reset...which is fine/expected. How can I confirm DCD 4.1.2 is the active rom?
Old 05-08-2011, 10:47 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel1613 View Post
Phone has hard reset...which is fine/expected. How can I confirm DCD 4.1.2 is the active rom?
you can go to settings and about phone and it will tell you the rom that you are running... you should be able to tell if it stuck because he has a clean rom without the sprint bloatware...
Old 05-08-2011, 11:06 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

CE OS 5.2.21014 (Build 21014.1.6.0 dcd) thats weird...i wanted/installed 4.1.2
Old 05-09-2011, 01:09 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

Managed to unlock via nue spl, install the newest radio I could find, install the latest DCD rom I could find, and managed to get the newest verizon carrier customization run. Now I am reinstalling everything. All I needed was to start with nue spl rather than olipro. If anyone gets a new (old) phone I could walk you through the process today..tomorrow...maybe not.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan > Titan Development