PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2012, 08:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rprochnow is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LTE Keyboard phone to replace Epic

I'm eligible to get an upgrade from my Epic 4G in July 1. Sprint should be rolling out LTE in my area before then - and I'd like to get an LTE phone.

Today, Galaxy Nexus is available - with the EVO 4G LTE available shortly. And it's not clear when the Galaxy S3 will be available on Sprint.

But none of these phones have a keyboard.

Not sure if I should get the Nexus or EVO, wait for the S3, or keep on waiting to see if there will be a Sprint LTE phone with a keyboard...

Suggestions???
Old 05-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

EyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good workEyeB is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Re: LTE Keyboard phone to replace Epic

with how thin the phones are now, I really haven't had much problems just buying a phone case with a keyboard on it

these are for iphone, but you can find one for other sizes with enough looking
Amazon.com: Buletooth Wireless Rubberized Hard Shell Slider QWERTY Keyboard Case for iPhone 4: Cell Phones & Accessories

Amazon.com: Dobi Design Apple iPhone 4 Bluetooth Keyboard Case with Stand: Computers & Accessories

edit: forgot to mention but should be obvious... phones that are curved on the back have a hard time with these cases...
Old 05-24-2012, 11:39 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Samsung promised it will hit the US early summer, but as for KB phones for sprint..no news yet

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-24-2012, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
Well, the Epic goes EOL in July so maybe there's hope that a successor is gonna be announced soon.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-24-2012, 01:49 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Speak of the devil!! lol..an LG keyboard phone

LG's LS860 Cayenne gets a visit from the unsteady hand of Mr. Blurrycam -- Engadget

And it looks like a nice 5 row keyboard too! would have preferred a quad core but 1.2ghz dual core is better then 1ghz single core :/
Old 05-24-2012, 04:33 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Speak of the devil!! lol..an LG keyboard phone

LG's LS860 Cayenne gets a visit from the unsteady hand of Mr. Blurrycam -- Engadget

And it looks like a nice 5 row keyboard too! would have preferred a quad core but 1.2ghz dual core is better then 1ghz single core :/
The Sprint SGS3 is a dual-core phone...
Old 05-24-2012, 05:23 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
The Sprint SGS3 is a dual-core phone...
The SGS3 at the very least will have a MSM8960 S4 Snapdragon Krait. This Lg phone has the same processor as the SGS2/evo 3d
Old 05-24-2012, 05:44 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
The SGS3 at the very least will have a MSM8960 S4 Snapdragon Krait. This Lg phone has the same processor as the SGS2/evo 3d
It's definitely getting a krait, lol.

I was just saying it was dual-core like the LG because you were implying Sprint might get a quad-core phone which I don't see happening any time soon, I know the krait outperforms the 1st gen dual-core snapdragon.

I'm just glad I'm on GSM and will probably get an international SGS3 for the exynos.

I didn't know people still used keyboard phones
Old 05-24-2012, 05:53 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
I didn't know people still used keyboard phones
Yup, its the cool new trend , just like the resurrection of the stylus.
Old 05-24-2012, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide
No LG for me. Next!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G