PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2012, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: Airwave

mcdaddie is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
CM9 rants

Who's using it? I installed it and went back, alpha 1 is not ready for primetime. I went back to El30 and so happy I did. Everything works! Who kept cm9?
Old 02-03-2012, 03:35 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Didnt know any cm9 builds were available yet?

Old 02-03-2012, 05:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

WanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuffWanderingMinstrel knows their stuff
Re: CM9 rants

See [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha1: Android 4.0.3 for Samsung Epic 4G - xda-developers

I'm personally not into alphas or even betas. I need reliability and stability.
Old 02-03-2012, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung
Carrier: Airwave
Threadstarter

mcdaddie is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.7; en-us; ADR6400L Build/FRG83D; ThunderShed-v1.2_CM7.2.0) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Didnt know any cm9 builds were available yet?
Lol! yup, been out for over a week. Says slot about this site. This place is dying. I used to lurk around until xda sucked me in with their developers. But I decided to join as a member to father new info on custom roms. Is this place full of unique deva or is xda better?

But on topic, cm9 is in its 2nd release. Alpha1. But its pretty smooth for being a alpha. 4g works and all. It does have all the bugs cm7 has and a few others. But its usable. I'm surprise this site doesn't have any reference about it but who am I to judge. Yeeahhhyaaa!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2012, 06:10 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdaddie View Post
Lol! yup, been out for over a week. Says slot about this site. This place is dying. I used to lurk around until xda sucked me in with their developers. But I decided to join as a member to father new info on custom roms. Is this place full of unique deva or is xda better?

But on topic, cm9 is in its 2nd release. Alpha1. But its pretty smooth for being a alpha. 4g works and all. It does have all the bugs cm7 has and a few others. But its usable. I'm surprise this site doesn't have any reference about it but who am I to judge. Yeeahhhyaaa!

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk
Usually I try to stay away from alphas, even when they are stable they are alpha for a reason. But once it hits beta I'd probably give it a whirl. Good to see there is some progress.

As far as devs, there are more on xda atm. Though we do tend to have a friendlier community here if that counts for something :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 02-05-2012, 12:28 AM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

yeah i stay clear of alpha's or early beta's. my tbolt is just about to get a stable ice cream port.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:35 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

CM9 has finally hit BETA on the Epic!!!!! which means all features are working and no critical bugs!

Cyanogenmod Epic 4G

This is still Beta0 though...I personally will most likely move to CM9 once Beta 1 or 2 hits..(waiting to make sure all the critical bugs that have just been fixed have no side effects)
Old 03-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: iPhone 6 Plus Space Gray 128GB Jailbroken

piscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuffpiscesjoey knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to piscesjoey Send a message via Yahoo to piscesjoey Send a message via Skype™ to piscesjoey
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
CM9 has finally hit BETA on the Epic!!!!! which means all features are working and no critical bugs!

Cyanogenmod Epic 4G

This is still Beta0 though...I personally will most likely move to CM9 once Beta 1 or 2 hits..(waiting to make sure all the critical bugs that have just been fixed have no side effects)
Been using it since it dropped, my only complaint is battery life, but flash it man, you WON'T be disappointed!

Sent from my Nexus S 4G Slide (lmao) using Tapatalk
Old 03-09-2012, 03:37 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I loaded it yesterday and love it, but...
the battery life does suck
most things are themed white! wtf!
SMS/MMS takes up waaaaaay too much room on the screen. the image beside the name is "m'eh" and they should combine them.
Old 03-12-2012, 10:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

sms over 160 characters get munged and turned into junk.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G