PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2012, 03:15 PM
JP3
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3-Samsung Epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

JP3 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Epic 4g contacts issue

I searched but saw nothing....

OK ..I have certain contacts not all that when I click on name it starts to switch as it should and then a warning box appears:

" SORRY
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.
The a box that says"force close" in it."
and it happens consistantly so I cant get into that contact...

of course it is always the important contacts that this happens to.

any help is appreciated and I am not very knowledgable about the inner workings of phone it is stock..
THANX
Semper Fi
JP
Old 01-05-2012, 11:40 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4g contacts issue

How did you enter those contacts? were they entered manually? synced via google? synced from outlook? synced from facebook or some other social network?

Also are you using 2.1? 2.2? or 2.3?

And did you just have these errors? or did they appear at some point?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 01-06-2012, 01:39 PM
JP3
N00b
Threadstarter

JP3 is a n00b
Contacts were entered manually. I synch manually with Google every few weeks. Does 2.3.5 make sense ??
These errors have happened on/off @ no specific time and actually happened on 1st phone too this is a replacement.
Thanx

JP from my sprint epic
Old 01-06-2012, 08:03 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP3 View Post
Contacts were entered manually. I synch manually with Google every few weeks. Does 2.3.5 make sense ??
These errors have happened on/off @ no specific time and actually happened on 1st phone too this is a replacement.
Thanx

JP from my sprint epic
How often does this happen? Does it happen before you sync contacts with google?

Reading around I am seeing some reporting that facebook integration may cause it, do you use facebook?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:50 PM
JP3
N00b
Threadstarter

JP3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
How often does this happen? Does it happen before you sync contacts with google?

Reading around I am seeing some reporting that facebook integration may cause it, do you use facebook?

it happens more than i`d like not a specific answer.... its probably happened a dozen times, it can happen before or after synching.
and some of my contacts contain a google input merged with a phone input as well as a facebook one..
Old 01-06-2012, 09:34 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP3 View Post
it happens more than i`d like not a specific answer.... its probably happened a dozen times, it can happen before or after synching.
and some of my contacts contain a google input merged with a phone input as well as a facebook one..
The best thing I can offer is to try isolating factors..aka add the important facebook contact manually and see if without facebook it works fine or not.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:41 PM
JP3
N00b
Threadstarter

JP3 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by @ gTen View Post
The best thing I can offer is to try isolating factors..aka add the important facebook contact manually and see if without facebook it works fine or not.
@gTen thank you

Last edited by JP3; 01-06-2012 at 11:10 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G