PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Sprint Epic 4G (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=249)
-   -   Sprint Epic 4g contacts issue (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=148605)

JP3 01-05-2012 03:15 PM

Sprint Epic 4g contacts issue

I searched but saw nothing....

OK ..I have certain contacts not all that when I click on name it starts to switch as it should and then a warning box appears:

" SORRY
The process android.process.acore has stopped unexpectedly.Please try again.
The a box that says"force close" in it."
and it happens consistantly so I cant get into that contact...

of course it is always the important contacts that this happens to.

any help is appreciated and I am not very knowledgable about the inner workings of phone it is stock..
THANX

gTen 01-05-2012 11:40 PM

Re: Sprint Epic 4g contacts issue

How did you enter those contacts? were they entered manually? synced via google? synced from outlook? synced from facebook or some other social network?

Also are you using 2.1? 2.2? or 2.3?

And did you just have these errors? or did they appear at some point?

JP3 01-06-2012 01:39 PM

Contacts were entered manually. I synch manually with Google every few weeks. Does 2.3.5 make sense ??
These errors have happened on/off @ no specific time and actually happened on 1st phone too this is a replacement.
Thanx

JP from my sprint epic

gTen 01-06-2012 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP3 (Post 2163312)
Contacts were entered manually. I synch manually with Google every few weeks. Does 2.3.5 make sense ??
These errors have happened on/off @ no specific time and actually happened on 1st phone too this is a replacement.
Thanx

JP from my sprint epic

How often does this happen? Does it happen before you sync contacts with google?

Reading around I am seeing some reporting that facebook integration may cause it, do you use facebook?

JP3 01-06-2012 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gTen (Post 2163352)
How often does this happen? Does it happen before you sync contacts with google?

Reading around I am seeing some reporting that facebook integration may cause it, do you use facebook?

it happens more than i`d like not a specific answer.... its probably happened a dozen times, it can happen before or after synching.
and some of my contacts contain a google input merged with a phone input as well as a facebook one..

gTen 01-06-2012 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JP3 (Post 2163356)
it happens more than i`d like not a specific answer.... its probably happened a dozen times, it can happen before or after synching.
and some of my contacts contain a google input merged with a phone input as well as a facebook one..

The best thing I can offer is to try isolating factors..aka add the important facebook contact manually and see if without facebook it works fine or not.

JP3 01-06-2012 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by @ gTen (Post 2163360)
The best thing I can offer is to try isolating factors..aka add the important facebook contact manually and see if without facebook it works fine or not.

@gTen thank you