PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2011, 08:15 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to 2 Bunny Send a message via Skype™ to 2 Bunny
Post Re: PAGEPLUS QUESTION Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
our bargain bin sometimes, ebay, craiglist...etc..
Okay. How often would you say they come around here on the Bargain Bin?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
umm..yes and no...

old sero = sero = 30$
new sero = EDRP = 60$
sero premium = 40$

sero premium is when you had an old sero plan and you upgraded it for $10 to allow you to use all none 4g devices. 4g devices are $10 extra a month.
So you're saying the current "premium" offering would cost me $50 a month with 4G? Is there an option to not do the 4G?

Because actually, $40 is seriously pushing it, and I'd rather not go much higher than 35. What I was thinking I could do in the meantime though, is I could maybe go with Virgin Mobile's decent (but non roaming) $35 plan until I can find a suitable SERO one. A friend gave me some old broken VM phones that I can use as "esn donors", and I think I might've found some suitable instructions to make my phone "reflect" (clone) one of those. If this does end up being possible, does anyone know what is all involved with programming? I know when I ported my Sprint Diamond to boost, I just remember rebooting it and it worked. Would VM be the same thing then (since they use sprint), or would there be something else involved to get it programmed and fully working?

Thanks.

- 2B
Old 12-22-2011, 05:27 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: Question on PagePlus Data...

can't ESN clone or discuss it on these forums,its illegal
Old 12-23-2011, 12:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 WM+XDA
Carrier: Boost

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Zapp unlimited has byod, it is a Sprint MVNO, check them out.

Sent from my ppcT7380 Ti/FRX06-07 via PPCG app

GBX0C buttery goodness with 3.3.8 kernel sprinkled on top.
Looking for another cool mobile forum? Don't join Howard Forums because they sick a duck.
Old 12-23-2011, 11:39 AM
Banned User
Threadstarter

2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work2 Bunny is keeping up the good work
Post NOT REALLY KINDA MOVING FORWARD Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
In case you didn't read my post, I was only asking for programing instructions, not for perfectly legal cloning instructions (despite people trying to brainwash me into thinking it isn't okay - I'm not falling for it like the other retards do).

So if you know of any roadblocks that I might run into with programming, please let me know. I know that on Boost, it was all fine and all I had to do was wait five minutes. From what I understand, VM is an MVNO of Sprint, so I was thinking perhaps it might work the same way. Am I right in thinking this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Zapp unlimited has byod, it is a Sprint MVNO, check them out.

Unless they have some plans not listed on their site under the "plans" section, all I'm seeing is a $50 monthly unlimited. I'm looking for unlimited data for under $35, so that isn't quite going to work. Believe me, I've retraced my steps to that site a few times, but every time I walk away shaking my head.

- 2B
Old 12-23-2011, 01:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Sc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good workSc/ant864 is keeping up the good work
Bunny go to HoFo and ask Jeff to reinstate your old account as they allow esn discussion now. Ppcg will hopefully never allow such things to be discussed.

Old 12-23-2011, 03:42 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: NOT REALLY KINDA MOVING FORWARD Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Bunny View Post
In case you didn't read my post, I was only asking for programing instructions, not for perfectly legal cloning instructions (despite people trying to brainwash me into thinking it isn't okay - I'm not falling for it like the other retards do).

So if you know of any roadblocks that I might run into with programming, please let me know. I know that on Boost, it was all fine and all I had to do was wait five minutes. From what I understand, VM is an MVNO of Sprint, so I was thinking perhaps it might work the same way. Am I right in thinking this?

Unless they have some plans not listed on their site under the "plans" section, all I'm seeing is a $50 monthly unlimited. I'm looking for unlimited data for under $35, so that isn't quite going to work. Believe me, I've retraced my steps to that site a few times, but every time I walk away shaking my head.

- 2B
@2 Bunny there are no such thing as an unlimited prepay plan, they are all limited in some way whether it be by throttling or a complete shut off of data for the remainder of the cycle.
Old 12-23-2011, 05:16 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Thumbs up MENTION Reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864 View Post
Bunny go to HoFo and ask Jeff to reinstate your old account as they allow esn discussion now. Ppcg will hopefully never allow such things to be discussed.
To be honest, I've already tried that. Not to mention that that site is really full of morons and I'd rather not be a part of it.

Oh and just for the record, you brought up ESN cloning not me. However, if you know of any good instructions on programming/settings for VM on the Epic or Samsung devices in general (or even universal instructions), that would be fantastic.

Thank you for your inquiries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
@2 Bunny there are no such thing as an unlimited prepay plan, they are all limited in some way whether it be by throttling or a complete shut off of data for the remainder of the cycle.
Virgin Mobile has a $35 unlimited plan right now, but I'm not restricted to prepay. Sprint has a good $30 endless data/messaging plus 300 minutes plan going, but they won't activate new accounts with it - only old ones.

Thanks for the mention.

- 2B
Old 12-23-2011, 05:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
To be honest, I've already tried that. Not to mention that that site is really full of morons and I'd rather not be a part of it.

Oh and just for the record, you brought up ESN cloning not me. However, if you know of any good instructions on programming/settings for VM on the Epic or Samsung devices in general (or even universal instructions), that would be fantastic.

Dude I brought up ESN cloning not you? Every post before I mentioned HoFo save for a few that you made in this thread elude to or blatantly express your wish to do so. There are pleanty of intelligent people at HoFo but the idiots seem to be the rabid posters.

Old 12-25-2011, 10:53 PM
Banned User
Threadstarter

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.5; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1109081720; U; en) Presto/2.8.149 Version/11.10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc/ant864
Quote:

Dude I brought up ESN cloning not you? Every post before I mentioned HoFo save for a few that you made in this thread elude to or blatantly express your wish to do so. There are pleanty of intelligent people at HoFo but the idiots seem to be the rabid posters.

You brought it up in this thread though in this post:

Quote:
I said I was going to do it before your post, but I also brought out that I would be finding the instructions elsewhere, so there's no need to make a big deal about it.

Back to the other off topic HowardForum thing, I've noticed those "blatant" posters too, and that's one of the main reasons I left.

- 2B
Old 12-25-2011, 11:34 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (Android 2.3.5; Linux; Opera Mobi/ADR-1109081720; U; en) Presto/2.8.149 Version/11.10)

You brought it up in this thread though in this post:

I said I was going to do it before your post, but I also brought out that I would be finding the instructions elsewhere, so there's no need to make a big deal about it.

Back to the other off topic HowardForum thing, I've noticed those "blatant" posters too, and that's one of the main reasons I left.

- 2B
That second post is not mine bro lol.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G