PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S / Epic 4g
Carrier: Sprint

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to KaliS
HELP...my Epic has CRAPPED OUT!!!

here we go, i wake up this morning to see that my epic says: "Sorry! The application LauncherPro (process android.process.acore) has stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close." touchwiz is working, but everytime i try to use LP i get the same popup. i also notice that most of my apps, those installed to the sdcard are not available, my contacts are gone, phone logs empty, and basically it appears im back at square one. the only thing still logged are my text messages, although go sms pro is gone too.

i checked and my phone can still read that i have files on my sdcard and i can look at all my pics via the gallery as normal. titanium back up is not installed, so i can't just back up. i booted into CWM (v3.0.0.6) and went to restore, but it says "no files found...that there is nothing to restore, wth?!?!? i can go to install zip from sdcard, and see files on my sdcard...so it does recognize it.

im lost on what to do. i want my data back! but every time i go to restore in CWM i get a message that says no files found. i tried the regular and looking in advance. anyone got ideas...i really don't know what happened here. last night my battery was dying and had died out, i put it on the charger and here we are....
Old 08-19-2011, 10:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

KaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKaliS is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: HELP...my Epic has CRAPPED OUT!!!

it also looks like whatever happened, took place at 6:17am on 8/19/2011
Old 08-19-2011, 11:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

What rom are you using? if its a custom rom with journaling off, did you turn journaling on with the patch?

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-19-2011, 12:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

im on SRF 1.1.0/twilight zone 1.1.0 (kernel version 2.6.32.9) i did the restore fix to turn journaling on...long ago when i first put this ROM on. i haven't had the issue before. although i do remember that i have had an issue with my widgets not being loaded if the battery fully drained.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:33 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

One of my epics craped out so I called sprint and they sent me a photon and I had that specific epic since feb. And I have no insurance. Love sprint.
Old 08-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted
Pocket PC: Nexus S 4G

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
One of my epics craped out so I called sprint and they sent me a photon and I had that specific epic since feb. And I have no insurance. Love sprint.
you lucky dog, you

If I helped ya or If you like my work, I don't want donations, I don't want coffee, but a simple THANKS
would do the trick!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:07 PM
acs tester

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
you lucky dog, you
just piss n moan alot bro, bad news though cause phone i want is dropping later than i expected.
Latest Samsung leak confirms earlier rumors and fills in a few blanks | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews
Old 08-19-2011, 08:17 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

syanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the communitysyanni85 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
just piss n moan alot bro, bad news though cause phone i want is dropping later than i expected.
Latest Samsung leak confirms earlier rumors and fills in a few blanks | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews
my dad called up sprint a few years back and was so frustrated getting pushed from one rep to the next that, messin around, he threatened to kill himself if he didn't get someone who could actually help... they sent him straight to a suicidal hot-line where they were so helpful they even took an extra 25% off his bill for as long as he stays with sprint LOL

on the Nexus Prime... i'm sure it will be a sick device, the specs are unbeatable! but i have a love/hate thing going on with todays devices... They are soo damn good that even when you wait for a phone to be released, something better is out almost IMMEDIATELY! a few years back, the best phones would remain the best for like 6months to a year... makes it so hard to pull the trigger nowadays...

what happens to me is i'll have a phone for a month or two, then take a small hit on my selling price just to have another great phone... like i said its love-hate cuz i'm a junky for the latest n greatest 5 years now i've been away from the "bad crowd" of people, these phones are my anti-drug (<--- thats the love part)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2011, 08:23 PM
acs tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by syanni85 View Post
my dad called up sprint a few years back and was so frustrated getting pushed from one rep to the next that, messin around, he threatened to kill himself if he didn't get someone who could actually help... they sent him straight to a suicidal hot-line where they were so helpful they even took an extra 25% off his bill for as long as he stays with sprint LOL

on the Nexus Prime... i'm sure it will be a sick device, the specs are unbeatable! but i have a love/hate thing going on with todays devices... They are soo damn good that even when you wait for a phone to be released, something better is out almost IMMEDIATELY! a few years back, the best phones would remain the best for like 6months to a year... makes it so hard to pull the trigger nowadays...

what happens to me is i'll have a phone for a month or two, then take a small hit on my selling price just to have another great phone... like i said its love-hate cuz i'm a junky for the latest n greatest 5 years now i've been away from the "bad crowd" of people, these phones are my anti-drug (<--- thats the love part)
na i dont want prime, galaxy s 2, pisser about pops though. lol
Old 08-19-2011, 08:25 PM
Flat-Out-Addicted

Quote:
na i dont want prime, galaxy s 2, pisser about pops though. lol
aahhh.. yeah that is a promising device. An actual step up, not just a mimic for a different carrier

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G