PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exploit.Android.Lotoor.C - What?

I ran my antivirus and Exploit.Android.Lotoor.C came up twice as a virus so i wanted to know what is that. This may have already been asked if it did then mods my bad.

Old 05-31-2011, 06:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Exploit.Android.Lotoor.C - What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
I ran my antivirus and Exploit.Android.Lotoor.C came up twice as a virus so i wanted to know what is that. This may have already been asked if it did then mods my bad.
Not to take credit for this answer but here is a thread that asked and answered this question already...

Exploit.Android.Lotoor.C Shoujld I be concerned? - xda-developers

Summary

Yes, it's a technically an exploit, however this is how you break the Android OS in order to gain root access, so it's considered safe if you got the exploit from a reputable source. I'd be more concerned if you didn't have root software on you computer and got this message. It's harmless in Windows, and I don't understand the IP part of the second from last paragraph unless their sample came from a bad website...

check on microsoft.com

Technical Information (Analysis)
Exploit:Unix/Lotoor is a detection for specially-crafted Android programs that attempt to exploit vulnerabilities in the Android operating system to gain root privilege.
Installation

Exploit:Unix/Lotoor is dropped and installed by TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A. Once installed, the exploit is present as the following names:
rageagainstthecage
exploid

Payload

Allows root access
When run, Exploit:Unix/Lotoor allow a remote attacker to gain administrator privilege to the device running Android operation system.

Connects to a remote website
Exploit:Unix/Lotoor decrypts the name of a remote server provided by TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A such as "184.105.245.17". The server address is used to send user identifiable data from the affected mobile device.
Additional Information

For more information about TrojanSpy:AndroidOS/DroidDream.A, see the description elsewhere in the encyclopedia.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:02 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Its harmless if you are rooting..BUT...

PPCGeeks.com » 26 NEW Android Malware Programs Released!!!

There is a harmful DroidDream going around as well on the market...

If you got a custom rom..you might be safe due to a fix done that patches DroidDream..but I am not 100% sure if it covers the new varient or not..it should..but not sure 100%

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-31-2011, 07:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

testacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartestacon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Its harmless if you are rooting..BUT...

PPCGeeks.com » 26 NEW Android Malware Programs Released!!!

There is a harmful DroidDream going around as well on the market...

If you got a custom rom..you might be safe due to a fix done that patches DroidDream..but I am not 100% sure if it covers the new varient or not..it should..but not sure 100%
I'm starting to think that Microsoft or Apple is paying to get these made to show us the "downfall" of an open OS...I'm actually surprised that WM didn't have this many problems...
Old 05-31-2011, 08:08 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
I'm starting to think that Microsoft or Apple is paying to get these made to show us the "downfall" of an open OS...I'm actually surprised that WM didn't have this many problems...
umm...not really..how do you think we root phones? by using a virus..same way people jailbreak and etc...but there are people who attempt to use these exploits in bad ways as well..

Winmo in general is used less often...so there are less exploits for it..but they definitely exist..there just was a smaller user base for it..thus they weren't exactly heard about on the news..neither were many developed..

iphone had its share of exploits as well..

Not to mention, its fairly easy to spread via Google Market...
Old 06-05-2011, 03:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by testacon View Post
yea, its a conspiracy

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G