PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 10:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Google Voicemail question

how do I get my voicemail to go to google voice? I don't want anything except my vm going to google.
Old 05-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Re: Google Voicemail question

nm found it. I didn't see it around the 'enable number' there is also a 'enable voicemail`
Old 05-31-2011, 02:52 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
nm found it. I didn't see it around the 'enable number' there is also a 'enable voicemail`
ya there it is. lol
Old 05-31-2011, 06:20 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm going to have to give this a try eventually... If it was only moveable to the memory card. I'm not rooting. Oh well..
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:26 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

why wont you root your phone?

Old 05-31-2011, 07:06 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

It seems to be more trouble that it's worth... I have hardware version 003 or something like that and I can't just use UnrEVOked. It's apparently a pain in the rear.
Secondly... I don't see the benefits other than clearing out your installed programs.

Running Honeycomb on a custom ROM with all kinds of bugs and fixes is not my idea of stable. I'll wait for the official honeycomb release. Not to mention... I'll be upgrading again in Feb. So no big deal.

Tethering is not something I need really... So not much else out there to convince me to root.

Plus you loose apps that are installed and no longer available when you change ROMS... Like the guy looking for the Justin TV APK.

I like the way my phone works... The only thing I would change is to give it the ability to move ALL programs to mem card. I hate getting that message and deciding which apk needs to go.
lol
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:25 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
It seems to be more trouble that it's worth... I have hardware version 003 or something like that and I can't just use UnrEVOked. It's apparently a pain in the rear.
Secondly... I don't see the benefits other than clearing out your installed programs.
It gives you chance to get a free paperweight? jk lol

Quote:
Running Honeycomb on a custom ROM with all kinds of bugs and fixes is not my idea of stable. I'll wait for the official honeycomb release. Not to mention... I'll be upgrading again in Feb. So no big deal.
You'll be waiting forever lol...Honeycomb will never come to the Evo...cause Honeycomb is meant for tablets only...Ice Cream is whats meant for phones and tablets..

Quote:
Tethering is not something I need really... So not much else out there to convince me to root.
Would a cookie change your mind?

Quote:
Plus you loose apps that are installed and no longer available when you change ROMS... Like the guy looking for the Justin TV APK.
TitaniumBackup? NAND backup?

Quote:
I like the way my phone works... The only thing I would change is to give it the ability to move ALL programs to mem card. I hate getting that message and deciding which apk needs to go.
lol
p.
Format your SD card for EXT4..then you can...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:32 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

I'll do that... Is there anything special I should know about formatting my card for EXT4?
I guess I could just look it up.
But... Just copy the contents to my machine... Then formati it and then move everythig back? Could it be that simple?

NOPE!!!! >>> http://androidandme.com/2009/08/news...droid-apps2sd/

By the time an upgrade is available for my phone... I'll have a new one.
So MEH...
I will take the cookie thoug. Especially if it's two cookies with ice cream in the middle.
p.

Last edited by AZTECHKA; 05-31-2011 at 07:35 PM.
Old 05-31-2011, 07:47 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
I'll do that... Is there anything special I should know about formatting my card for EXT4?
I guess I could just look it up.
But... Just copy the contents to my machine... Then formati it and then move everythig back? Could it be that simple?

NOPE!!!! >>> How to manually partition your SD card for Android Apps2SD – Android and Me

By the time an upgrade is available for my phone... I'll have a new one.
So MEH...
I will take the cookie thoug. Especially if it's two cookies with ice cream in the middle.
p.
um..according to the link you gave Aman_Ra automatically handles most of the stuff for you...but again requires root...

If your getting a new phone in Feb, my guess the Galaxy S 3 right?

As for the ice cream sandwich...I got dibs on that!
Old 05-31-2011, 08:25 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

LOL... Not sure... I have considered it... But I STILL can't get past the blue whites that LED displays... I hope they fix that by then.
p.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G