PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-19-2010, 11:46 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

revaaron is keeping up the good workrevaaron is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: after froyo... my phone is flipping the f out

If there is a pre-rooted clockwork restore file that I can use to restore to dk28, someone link that or pm me. My only machine that will connect all the drivers so that I can use odin.exe is at work and I'm not going back there until 1/4
Old 12-20-2010, 05:00 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

I might flash back to stock if not... this phone is getting to be unusable. all the lagging is ridiculous. starting to feel like a tp2. click, wait 10 seconds... click... wait 10 seconds.
at least this is a step up from the tp2 cause usually the menubar changes while it's lagged.
Old 12-20-2010, 09:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

This will get your phone to a perfectly working DK28, with fantastic GPS and no crashes or lag:

1) Boot into Clockwork and wipe data, cache, and dalvik cache 3 times each (if you are already flashed to Froyo).
2) Flash your phone back to DI18 via Odin.
3) Do steps 1-8 on this post.
4) Flash DK28 via Odin. (do not use the clockwork zip method of flashing)
5) install latest One click Root and Recovery + ClockworkMod (optional)
6) perform a backup, in clockworkmod (optional)
7) Install all of your apps and enjoy a perfectly working Froyo.
Calibrate your battery by following this thread (I suggest the second or third option)

I suggest to not restore apps from a previous flash. It might cause some issues. If you do encounter any issues, at least you won't have that to blame for it.

Last edited by buggerritt; 02-15-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Old 12-20-2010, 10:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

like I said, I have absolutely no way what so ever besides driving an hour to my work to use the program known as odin until after 1/4.
Old 12-20-2010, 11:16 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by revaaron View Post
like I said, I have absolutely no way what so ever besides driving an hour to my work to use the program known as odin until after 1/4.
Does odin not work on your pc?

Try flashing a custom DK28 build via clcokwork over your current..if your going to restore data..don't use clockwork to restore your data, backup using Titanium backup, install apps manually and restore data via titanium...

And as always, before flashing make sure to make a clockwork backup..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-21-2010, 02:49 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

yep, I got that.

my laptop won't connect with the drivers anymore.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

buggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good workbuggerritt is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Does odin not work on your pc?

Try flashing a custom DK28 build via clcokwork over your current..if your going to restore data..don't use clockwork to restore your data, backup using Titanium backup, install apps manually and restore data via titanium...

And as always, before flashing make sure to make a clockwork backup..
Flashing the .zip via clockwork is the method that everyone ends up having issues with. I advise against it. I would suggest taking that hour drive or borrowing someone else' computer to perform the Odin flashing.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:19 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
yep, I got that.

my laptop won't connect with the drivers anymore.
Lets see if we can go about fixing that..what windows do you have? is it 32bit or 64bit?

What happens when you plug the phone in to your pc, can you at least use USB mass storage?

Have you also tried Heinbell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggerritt View Post
Flashing the .zip via clockwork is the method that everyone ends up having issues with. I advise against it. I would suggest taking that hour drive or borrowing someone else' computer to perform the Odin flashing.
He already has DK28, if he wipes and install the rom via clockwork there should be no issues...
Old 12-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Quote:
Lets see if we can go about fixing that..what windows do you have? is it 32bit or 64bit?
32bit.

Quote:
What happens when you plug the phone in to your pc, can you at least use USB mass storage?
some times, but not always and if it's in USB debug mode almost always not. When it was installing, it stuck at 3/4 and just sat there for hours. I've installed everything, rebooted and reinstalled them over and over again with no success. I find that the drivers work perfectly on a computer once... then after that if it's a computer you plug into over and over, you are screwed. Something happens and it stops working. At least on win7.

Quote:
Have you also tried Heinbell?
is that as sex thing?
Old 12-21-2010, 05:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
32bit.
some times, but not always and if it's in USB debug mode almost always not. When it was installing, it stuck at 3/4 and just sat there for hours. I've installed everything, rebooted and reinstalled them over and over again with no success. I find that the drivers work perfectly on a computer once... then after that if it's a computer you plug into over and over, you are screwed. Something happens and it stops working. At least on win7.
Have you tried installing them manually from Device Manager?

Quote:
is that as sex thing?
no..its a community made alternative to odin...forgot its spelling but its named after one of the gods in ragnarok..Samsung called the USB interface driver Loke and we use Odin to flash it..so the author continued the theme and called it Heimbell (or however you spell it)

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G