PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 08:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Wunder
Re: Battery Drain, and the culprit App IS.....

Man I would kill for a day and a half on a single charge!

Did I help? The is down to the right

Old 09-16-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunder View Post
Thanks for picking up the ball on this! I'll add this to the 1st post. The "Innocent" list will be no place for debate, if anyone at all reports a problem with an "innocent" app, that app is proclaimed GUILTY!!
No problem...I'll have more time to install more apps over the weekend. I have a feeling that it could be a yahoo fantasy football app that i downloaded that could be the problem. i'll confirm this weekend which app seems to be the app that is keeping our phones awake.

Thanks,
James
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:36 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

I like where the thread started and the idea of its great but would be better without the aide of j.d .. I'm interested in the results
Old 09-16-2010, 11:58 AM
Almost a VIP

dumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardumpringz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Wirelessly posted (Samsung Epic : Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/ECLAIR) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

push to talk is a sucker for battery ... i havent & wont try it on my epic but have on 2 other devices ... many battery meters are too but dont have specific details on which ones
Old 09-16-2010, 12:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO!!!!

jdizzle is becoming a great contributor

I've read on another site that Fring app is a battery killer....users of this app have reported great improvement in battery life after uninstall...so fring may be an app to avoid...
Old 09-16-2010, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Wunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWunder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
No problem...I'll have more time to install more apps over the weekend. I have a feeling that it could be a yahoo fantasy football app that i downloaded that could be the problem. i'll confirm this weekend which app seems to be the app that is keeping our phones awake.

Thanks,
James
Interesting, I have the Yahoo app as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumpringz View Post

push to talk is a sucker for battery ... i havent & wont try it on my epic but have on 2 other devices ... many battery meters are too but dont have specific details on which ones
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdizzle View Post
I've read on another site that Fring app is a battery killer....users of this app have reported great improvement in battery life after uninstall...so fring may be an app to avoid...
So Fring keeps the screen on and/or drains battery in the background? If so, GUILTY!!!!!! Otherwise, those may just be power hungry apps, but we're specifically looking for apps that keep the screen on and run background tasks all day for no good reason, sucking our batteries dry.

I think I'll add a "Power Hungry" section to the list though

Last edited by Wunder; 09-16-2010 at 03:36 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

I like where the thread started and the idea of its great but would be better without the aide of j.d .. I'm interested in the results

Not sure I follow you?
Old 09-16-2010, 04:13 PM
Almost a VIP

without juice defender being used i am saying.

Last edited by dumpringz; 09-16-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 09-16-2010, 04:20 PM
Almost a VIP

also when u said stock apps are not to blame . . im with u there as i am still 100% stock not 1 market app & get great battery life using live wallpapers, wifi, gps, auto sync on ... i learned this with evo & while 1 of the perks of android is the market i try to tell ppl after u get the tinkering with useless apps out of the way, wipe the phone clean n only dl apps ya need and take battery life from there
Old 09-16-2010, 04:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:

without juice defender being used i am saying.

Oh haha very good point, I thought you meant excluding JDizzle's input, which has been super valuable.

Yes I'd like to see these results without Juice Defender too, but that may be hard as it's probably the first thing people install on their phones. When I do my full test I'll exclude JD

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G