PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2011, 12:27 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: One Click Root & Recovery for the Epic 4G! Now has ClockworkMod!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgoody View Post
3. extract and run run.bat
*Linux users chmod +x run.sh and run it, mac users chmod +x run_mac.sh and run it.*

I have a Mac and run the chmod +x run.sh in the terminal. It just pauses and goes to the command prompt again. Please help, my phone upgraded itself and unrooted. Running SPH-D700 2.2.1 Froyo.EC05 and need to root this beast!
mac users chmod +x run_mac.sh.you ran what was for Linux.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2011, 07:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

hey can someone help me out here? I recently grabbed myself a epic but i can not get it rooted! ive tried oneclick 3.0 with no success. it keeps saying "phone not connected". i have installed the samsung drivers from their website and ive tried rooting on 2 different laptops, one running 64 bit, one running 32, both with the same results. So what do i do? I feel like a complete noob lol. well i am sort of, im an android noob so can i get a little help here?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:33 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey can someone help me out here? I recently grabbed myself a epic but i can not get it rooted! ive tried oneclick 3.0 with no success. it keeps saying "phone not connected". i have installed the samsung drivers from their website and ive tried rooting on 2 different laptops, one running 64 bit, one running 32, both with the same results. So what do i do? I feel like a complete noob lol. well i am sort of, im an android noob so can i get a little help here?
Did you enable usb debug mode on the phone? and did you let it install all 4 drivers when you plugged it in?

Also, clockwork 3.0 method is if you plan to go EXT4...is that what your trying to do?
Old 05-10-2011, 07:40 PM
O-Matic
Pocket PC: Vogue, TP2, Epic 4G, Nexus S, Galaxy SIII, Nexus 4
Carrier: Big Pink

shane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIPshane6374 is a VIP
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to shane6374

Also, try different USB ports, and the type of cable matters.

Remember to clickon those who help! It's right down there.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:11 PM
Almost a VIP

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Did you enable usb debug mode on the phone? and did you let it install all 4 drivers when you plugged it in?

Also, clockwork 3.0 method is if you plan to go EXT4...is that what your trying to do?
yes, i enabled debug mode and yes it installed all 4 drivers. I have no idea what ext 4 is... i know nothing about android basically.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shane6374 View Post
Also, try different USB ports, and the type of cable matters.
i tried the usb port dance, with an oem usb cable. i will try the cable for my gf's galaxy as well.

what am i doing wrong here.

EDIT: i plugged the phone to the laptop, went to device manager and only saw 3 drivers, i unplugged it and plugged it back in and only 2 appeared... so something is definitely going wrong. i will uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and see if that helps.

EDIT AGAIN LOL: i reinstalled the drivers, this time i let windows detect and install the drivers. im still only getting 3 drivers to show up. the sscdhub.sys is not showing up.

Last edited by puff601; 05-10-2011 at 08:35 PM.
Old 05-10-2011, 08:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
yes, i enabled debug mode and yes it installed all 4 drivers. I have no idea what ext 4 is... i know nothing about android basically.

i tried the usb port dance, with an oem usb cable. i will try the cable for my gf's galaxy as well.

what am i doing wrong here.

EDIT: i plugged the phone to the laptop, went to device manager and only saw 3 drivers, i unplugged it and plugged it back in and only 2 appeared... so something is definitely going wrong. i will uninstall the drivers and reinstall them and see if that helps.

EDIT AGAIN LOL: i reinstalled the drivers, this time i let windows detect and install the drivers. im still only getting 3 drivers to show up. the sscdhub.sys is not showing up.
you can manually install the driver..its in the 16_shrewberry folder...

As for EXT4, its a filesystem....if you install it you will need to change your kernel...if you want to stay stock use the cwm 2.5.5 one...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:30 PM
Almost a VIP

errr it still didnt work for me...
Old 05-10-2011, 10:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
errr it still didnt work for me...
What is the error that you see in the command prompt window?

Also, are you able to use mass storage?
Old 05-11-2011, 12:02 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
What is the error that you see in the command prompt window?

Also, are you able to use mass storage?
the error says "phone not connected"... no im not able to use mass storage either.
Old 05-11-2011, 01:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
the error says "phone not connected"... no im not able to use mass storage either.
There is a way to root on the phone directly..but I think you need to get this fixed (to make sure your usb port isn't damage or something)..

can you soft reset your phone, then remove all drivers on pc, restart...then install the proper drivers 32bit/64bit etc..then plug it in..click the small icon on the bottom right that looks like a pc with a green dot swirling...this will show you drivers being installed...tell me which drivers finish and which fail.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G