PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2010, 05:35 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint Epic 4g on Boost Mobile

Anyone here know if all the features will work i.e. sms,mms, data etc when this phone is connected on boostmobile. Or will we have to do some type of configuration like on the Sprint TP2.

I know that maybe i wont be able to access 4g connection when connected to boostmobile but where i live there is no 4g connection so that doesnt matter.

Please no one state that it is not possible to connect a Sprint phone on boost mobile. Also before someone states that boostmobile is only IDEN verify that because boostmobile also has CDMA which works on Sprints network. I know for a fact because i have a Sprint Tp2 on Boostmobile with everything working as it should.
Old 06-30-2010, 05:50 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4g on Boost Mobile

The problem with boost mobile is not the CDMA portion...to get the TP2 working you transfer it from the Sprint ESN DB to the Boost Mobile ESN DB...

The problem is so far only phones that are legacy plans compatible have been ported. Example, I have not heard of an EVO being ported to Boost. The TP2 works on legacy plans thus making it possible to be ported.

The only other brand that is rumored to get the phone is the Clear brand.

sorry, I wish it were possible too

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 06-30-2010, 06:05 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

Wont we just be able to call boost C.S. and give them a sorry excuse why our old phone doesnt work and that we got a new one if they can transfer the account to that one give them the esn and act dumb and say we dont know what type of phone it actually is and when C.S. ask us if its a sprint phone we say "NO" its boost its just some red phone. and wait to see if their system gets it.

What is the legacy plans? is that what the boost unlimited plans are called?
Old 06-30-2010, 06:18 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Sprint at one point made the "Everything Plans" and required all new phones to be on these plans, all the plans before that are called "legacy plans"..to get people to switch over to these more expensive plans, they limited the usable devices.

Boost is equivalent to a legacy plan...even if the CS wanted to they couldn't do it..it would tell them this phone is incompatible with this plan.

It is hard locked by the system...
Old 06-30-2010, 06:48 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

What your saying is that when i give the ESN # their system is gonna reject it because the ESN# is gonna be linked some how to the Everything plan?

well hopefully someone will be able to go around the Hard locked system as soon as it is released. By the way any stated release date for it and anyone know how much its gonna cost.

Also ive seen that you have to pay for the 4g access 10 additional dollars but what if there isnt any 4g access where i live.
Old 06-30-2010, 06:58 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
What your saying is that when i give the ESN # their system is gonna reject it because the ESN# is gonna be linked some how to the Everything plan?
yes something like that

Quote:
well hopefully someone will be able to go around the Hard locked system as soon as it is released. By the way any stated release date for it and anyone know how much its gonna cost.
The only way around it is not legal...if people were able to get around legally it they would have done a year ago when this was introduced.

As for price, guess is 200$-250$

Release date is "somewhere in the summer"..There is a thread on releases..we at least know it won't be till july 11th but can be as late as september..But maybe they will do it in July as they are taking shots at the iPhone with this phones in their documents.

Quote:
Also ive seen that you have to pay for the 4g access 10 additional dollars but what if there isnt any 4g access where i live.
The $10 is there no matter what..its a "cool tax" as many call it...
Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

So how much does the everything plan cost including the "COOL TAX" a month
Old 06-30-2010, 08:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

79.99$ a month...but you can get things like EDRP it will be 69.99$ or you can get things like 27% off the 79.99$ rate...

others were able to get $10 credit extra to cover the "cool tax"

Also for family plans, you gotta pay $10 extra per line.
Old 06-30-2010, 09:48 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

What is EDRP and how do i get it. How can i get 27% of the 79.99 rate.
Old 06-30-2010, 10:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

EDRP (you can find the stuff needed to get through if you google for it)
http://sprint.com/sero

27% off
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=75318

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic 4g on boost mobile