PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2012, 12:32 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
We finally know how awesome the Epic 4g is :)

People have been saying keyboard phones are dead and all but the facts show otherwise.Samsung released the numbers in the Apple vs Samsung lawsuit and guess how the Epic 4g ranked in sales?

http://allthingsd.com/files/2012/08/...4.43.39-PM.png

The Epic 4g ranks #2 in lifetime sales selling 1.897 million units. And #1 in revenue.

So moral of the story, keyboard phones are awesome

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 08-10-2012, 01:46 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid
Re: We finally know how awesome the Epic 4g is :)

That's funny because Sprint has sold almost 5 million iPhones...

So you're saying on the network with the worst choices for Android in 3 years a device sold under 2 million and this is good?
Old 08-10-2012, 04:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangekid View Post
That's funny because Sprint has sold almost 5 million iPhones...

So you're saying on the network with the worst choices for Android in 3 years a device sold under 2 million and this is good?
No I am saying the Epic sold more Android phones for samsung then any other postpaid Android phone on ANY network. To add to that the Epic earned the most revenue for samsung then any other phone.

Also keep in mind when the Epic came out it cost 50$ more to buy then all other android phones and the iphone.

Plus sprint is losing money on every iphone it sells.

I am not saying that we should only make keyboard phones, just pointing out there is a huge demand for keyboard phones.

That said you can't compare Apple's with oranges. If Apple releases a kayboard phone then we can compare how it does for Apple. But for Samsung by the looks of that chart keyboard phone did pretty good I would say.

Effectively the most important thing to note is that it outsold the none keyboard alternatives such as Vibrant, Fascinate and Captivate.

Last edited by gTen; 08-10-2012 at 04:32 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 05:56 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I don't get what you're saying.

You're telling me more Epic 4G phones were sold than all the other SGS phones? I'd need to see some numbers on that. At time time it came out Sprint had either that or the Evo, all the other networks had a lot more to choose from. Still I'd need to see some numbers on that. I don't know anyone personally who likes keyboard phones. The game has changed since that phone came out too, keyboard phones are so clunky and obsolete.

What do you mean it earned the most revenue? Compared with what? the Evo?
Old 08-10-2012, 09:14 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Epic earned samsung $855 million dollars so far.

Did you click on the link on the 1st post? All the numbers are there!
Old 08-11-2012, 02:38 PM
The Rootinator
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D, HTC EVO 4G LTE, HTC ONE

rootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the communityrootlinux is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
There are a few devices missing from the list.
EVO isn't listed on there.
That was a hugely popular device.

Edit : I see what you mean.
Epic was the best selling of all Samsung devices?
Old 08-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: ip6
Carrier: tmobile

Riley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation levelRiley can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)

Gotta say I'm surprised how well the Epic did compared to other sammy devices. It definitely should make sprint and other consider having at least one keyboard phone available. The new Moto with keyboard looks promising as well.
Old 08-12-2012, 01:31 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
those are US only numbers

Sent from my mopho
Old 08-12-2012, 04:48 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cornelious2 View Post
those are US only numbers

Sent from my mopho
Well yes, and we are asking for US keyboard phones, no? lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G