PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 07:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

tt C6 is keeping up the good worktt C6 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint Epic 4g on Boost Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
They will investigate you for a possible link to a criminal enterprise as you call it..and when they find nothing they will jail you anyways (just for less time)

But yes lets end this debate..
You're obviously not in law enforcement or in government.

With that said,
Gten will insist on getting the last word in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.........
Old 12-30-2010, 07:59 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

hey since the debate is over how about getting back to topic.

Gten i know its not accepted on here to say or ask how to get the epic on boost. But is it allowed to give support to those who do have it on boost no matter what was the way they got in on boost.

Old 12-30-2010, 09:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
hey since the debate is over how about getting back to topic.

Gten i know its not accepted on here to say or ask how to get the epic on boost. But is it allowed to give support to those who do have it on boost no matter what was the way they got in on boost.
yes, if a person has an issue regardless the carrier you can and should still assist them. (as long as its not related to esn cloning)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)

Quote:
yes, if a person has an issue regardless the carrier you can and should still assist them. (as long as its not related to esn cloning)
So you can help with settings for data,mms, themes, roms and etc just not how to do the clone itself.

Ok so everyone please note that so if someone comes on here asking for help on settings themes and all that stuff dont rush to answer with "that phone wasnt legally connected to that carrier so we cant help" instead if you can help help if you cant just dont reply. No more Federal Law says this B**L S**T.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2011, 01:12 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Treo750,HTC Touch PRO, DIAMOND, Palm Pre, Epic 4G
Carrier: AT&T and SPRINT

youngblack is keeping up the good workyoungblack is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Ok...have you looked out the window lately? the government will prosecute you on the spot..by logic what you say is right..but logic and government don't go together...

There are different sorts of "people"..you may go before someone who is lenient...or you may go before someone who is strict to the letter...

you interpret the law as you think it is, but not everyone interprets it the same way you do...
I swear there's someone scoping me out... on the curb parked outside that light Grey Chevy Express with the tint windows... I turn my lamp on and the bug planted right behind my nightstand... I look up and see smoke alarms don't real and look like cameras inside... somebody's watching me. WTF? All I did was possess some reading material on how to clone esn. Wow man, am I straight up GANGSTA or What!

and a Happy New Year.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: wm
Carrier: Verizon

Saitek is a n00b

In case anyone doesn't know it is fully legal to alter your phone in any way you choose to use on any network you can. The law was passed by congress that anyone can do anything with their phone including changing and altering firmware to any extent they desire. Even if the law were not passed it is still fundamental and would not hold up in court because you own your phone.
Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 PM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Can you please provide some links to support this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using PPCGeeks
Old 09-08-2012, 06:46 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saitek View Post
In case anyone doesn't know it is fully legal to alter your phone in any way you choose to use on any network you can. The law was passed by congress that anyone can do anything with their phone including changing and altering firmware to any extent they desire. Even if the law were not passed it is still fundamental and would not hold up in court because you own your phone.
Um, no what your talking about is the ruling by the courts which say it is legal to root/jailbreak. Altering of ESN though is not the same thing as changing the firmware.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:54 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quote:
Um, no what your talking about is the ruling by the courts which say it is legal to root/jailbreak. Altering of ESN though is not the same thing as changing the firmware.
I hate getting in to this topic, because there is no definitive answer. The esn laws from 10+ years ago have been removed/repealed. Meaning they're no longer in effect. Here's a good discussion on it, although again, comes to no conclusion.

cdmagurus.com/forum-essentials/free-all/2466-esn-cloning-illegal.html#axzz25woflPj2

Old 09-09-2012, 03:50 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
I hate getting in to this topic, because there is no definitive answer. The esn laws from 10+ years ago have been removed/repealed. Meaning they're no longer in effect. Here's a good discussion on it, although again, comes to no conclusion.

cdmagurus.com/forum-essentials/free-all/2466-esn-cloning-illegal.html#axzz25woflPj2

The thing is, unless the FCC says it is so or the courts issue an official ruling it is hard to know definite. We can all be lawyers and experts on this issue but generally it is always better to be safe then sorry.

As it stands the FCC says this:

Cell Phone Fraud | FCC.gov

Quote:
Cellular fraud is defined as the unauthorized use, tampering or manipulation of a cellular phone or service. At one time, cloning of cellular phones accounted for a large portion of cell fraud. As a result, the Wireless Telephone Protection Act of 1998 expanded prior law to criminalize the use, possession, manufacture or sale of cloning hardware or software.
Now that thread you linked mentioned some outdated content on fcc site, but the post was in 2010 and fcc said they would modify it and yet that part stayed.

Though I don't understand why the guy who contacted the FCC did not bother asking them about a definite answer :/

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G

Tags
epic 4g on boost mobile