PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2011, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

hammerl8 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) New Kernel >also naked edition< 01/01/

think i may have bricked my phone. i changed the version of clockmod or so i thought. but when i looked again its now back to v2.5.1.0. ad when i try to flash the ROM it gives me a E:failure at line 3
copy_dir PACKAGE:system
SYSTEM:installation aborted
E:cant open ?cache/recovery/log
any ideas? please help. when i try to reboot it gets to the samsung screen and just hangs there.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:42 AM
nous défions
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S III
Carrier: Sprint

Johnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIPJohnny.Bravo is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: midNIGHT ROM DK28 (Froyo) v2.4 EXT4 (DUAL) New Kernel >also naked edition< 01/01/

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammerl8 View Post
think i may have bricked my phone. i changed the version of clockmod or so i thought. but when i looked again its now back to v2.5.1.0. ad when i try to flash the ROM it gives me a E:failure at line 3
copy_dir PACKAGE:system
SYSTEM:installation aborted
E:cant open ?cache/recovery/log
any ideas? please help. when i try to reboot it gets to the samsung screen and just hangs there.
You probably just need to go into download mode and use Odin to flash back to stock and start all over from scratch. These phones are almost impossible to brick.

Also, don't forget that you have to use Quick Boot to get into the new recovery. The 4-button push method will still bring you to the old version. If you do see that you are in the old version go to Advanced>rReboot recovery and you should be in the new one.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

I seem to remember that there was a car application and that Ptfdmedic stopped including it. I don't remember what the name is. Anybody know what/where it is? I have been meaning to check it out.
Thanks.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, HTC Evo, BB9670, Samsung Epic

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
I seem to remember that there was a car application and that Ptfdmedic stopped including it. I don't remember what the name is. Anybody know what/where it is? I have been meaning to check it out.
Thanks.
Isn't it Car to Home? Something like that.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:43 PM
Regular 'Geeker

wudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularwudstock54 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by swear0730 View Post
Thanks.
Try Car Home on market.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HP Jornada 680,720 Treo 600,650,700P, TP2, Epic4G

swear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuffswear0730 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by wudstock54 View Post
Try Car Home on market.
Thanks. Found a good one there with that search.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Good deal. Glad to help.
Old 01-02-2011, 01:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, Asus Transformer TF101-B1

dja2k is keeping up the good workdja2k is keeping up the good work

Well I flashed to the v2.4 EXT4 Naked Edition last night and after a while I got those restarts again. I didn't have any theme nor any update, it was running stock. Besides the phone restarting itself, I still have problems with the Gingerbread keyboard crashing. Am I the only one see these errors?

dja2k
Old 01-02-2011, 01:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny.Bravo View Post
You probably just need to go into download mode and use Odin to flash back to stock and start all over from scratch. These phones are almost impossible to brick.

Also, don't forget that you have to use Quick Boot to get into the new recovery. The 4-button push method will still bring you to the old version. If you do see that you are in the old version go to Advanced>rReboot recovery and you should be in the new one.
4 buttons? think its 3. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post
Well I flashed to the v2.4 EXT4 Naked Edition last night and after a while I got those restarts again. I didn't have any theme nor any update, it was running stock. Besides the phone restarting itself, I still have problems with the Gingerbread keyboard crashing. Am I the only one see these errors?

dja2k
yes it just you, are you restoring a backup after flashing ext rom?
Old 01-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dja2k View Post

dja2k
I had the same issue with restarts on the naked rom.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development