PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2010, 07:31 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Epic 4g! Permament Method! FINAL! FIXED

Quote:
Originally Posted by elboriqua176 View Post
yes i am. i keep getting an error saying no such file or directory?

ok i changed the name of the file to update. now i get an error saying signature verification failed? Thaks for any help you can provide
What are you trying to flash? stock recovery wont flash anything unless its signed.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 10-14-2010, 12:20 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [RECOVERY] ClockworkMod Recovery for the Epic 4g! Permament Method! FINAL! FIXED

I've tried installing this countless of times with no luck. I rooted my phone without an issue a few weeks back & finally wanted to give this a try so I could flash a custom rom. However, I keep getting the same message that elboriqua176 has described a couple posts back. I am obviously doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. It seems the more I read the more I am lost on what to try next??? Am I the only one that can't get this to work? This is my first Android phone (was using TP2) so a lot of the is quite foreign to me.

If anyone cares to respond, assume that I know nothing (as I stated so obviously above) lol

Thanks for everyones help in this community!!!
Old 10-14-2010, 12:55 AM
"The Fuzzy One"

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by B5Z View Post
I've tried installing this countless of times with no luck. I rooted my phone without an issue a few weeks back & finally wanted to give this a try so I could flash a custom rom. However, I keep getting the same message that elboriqua176 has described a couple posts back. I am obviously doing something wrong but I cannot figure it out for the life of me. It seems the more I read the more I am lost on what to try next??? Am I the only one that can't get this to work? This is my first Android phone (was using TP2) so a lot of the is quite foreign to me.

If anyone cares to respond, assume that I know nothing (as I stated so obviously above) lol

Thanks for everyones help in this community!!!
When you plug it in, and go to device manager..did all the drivers load? also when you ran it did you use run-try-first.bat or run-try-last.bat?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-14-2010, 09:21 AM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker

B5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuffB5Z knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
When you plug it in, and go to device manager..did all the drivers load? also when you ran it did you use run-try-first.bat or run-try-last.bat?

Thanks for your reply! I will look into this when I get home from work & report back. I did try to run both run-try-first.bat & run-try-last.bat but no luck. Just so I'm clear, when you say to check the device manager to see if the drivers have been loaded, is that located inside the Start/Control Panel/Device manager?
Old 10-14-2010, 12:57 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
Thanks for your reply! I will look into this when I get home from work & report back. I did try to run both run-try-first.bat & run-try-last.bat but no luck. Just so I'm clear, when you say to check the device manager to see if the drivers have been loaded, is that located inside the Start/Control Panel/Device manager?
yes..when the device is plugged in USB debug mode, a few devices should appear...make sure all of them have their drivers installed correctly. Should be like 4 of them.
Old 10-14-2010, 08:20 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
yes..when the device is plugged in USB debug mode, a few devices should appear...make sure all of them have their drivers installed correctly. Should be like 4 of them.

OK, there were two items in the device manager so I tried to reinstall the drivers...let it run for about 45 minutes & 3 ouf 4 installed then I stopped it. I ran the run-try-first (didn't take) then ran the run-try-last (didn't take) tried the run-try-first again. I think it worked, (well at least I got a different response than before) but how can I check to know for sure?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

thegameksk is a n00b

I cant get this installed. It seems to start out ok but after it reboots from when it says wait 60 seconds this is what I get:
rm failed for /sdcard/zImage Permission denied
rm failed for /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin no such file or directory.
rm failed for /data/local/root.sh no such file or directory

Any ideas?
Old 10-14-2010, 09:38 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
OK, there were two items in the device manager so I tried to reinstall the drivers...let it run for about 45 minutes & 3 ouf 4 installed then I stopped it. I ran the run-try-first (didn't take) then ran the run-try-last (didn't take) tried the run-try-first again. I think it worked, (well at least I got a different response than before) but how can I check to know for sure?
Reset the phone while holding vol down + camera + Power during the entire time till it boots into recovery. (it should be green text).

if it doesnt work, try installing the 4th driver via device manager manually.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:21 PM
B5Z
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Reset the phone while holding vol down + camera + Power during the entire time till it boots into recovery. (it should be green text).

if it doesnt work, try installing the 4th driver via device manager manually.

UUUHHHHGGGG!!! I've got blue text (not green)...I don't know what's going on, I'll give it one last try then give up I guess?!?!?

I do appreciate you trying to help me out though gTen - THANKS!
Old 10-14-2010, 11:54 PM
"The Fuzzy One"

Quote:
UUUHHHHGGGG!!! I've got blue text (not green)...I don't know what's going on, I'll give it one last try then give up I guess?!?!?

I do appreciate you trying to help me out though gTen - THANKS!
The other option is to flash a kernal which supports it via odin and get it with Rom Manager.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android Samsung Devices > Samsung Galaxy Series > CDMA-Specific > Sprint Epic 4G > Sprint Epic 4G Development