PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-24-2010, 06:00 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sprint HTC Evo 4G

I went to tmobile just to handle the hd2 earlier... it basically just seemed like the tp2 all over again with no keyboard to me. It was somewhat faster but the browser was still pretty sluggish.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

When Sprint gets a new WInMo device w/o a keyboard, that will be the device I will look at. I'm getting tired of Sprint restricting some of us regarding these new devices because we are not on the Right plan regarding data. I pay over $100 frigg'n dollars a month for a plan with UNLIMITED DATA, and Sprint wants me to change plans in order to have the pleasure of using one of their new devices.
I got an IDEA, take off the restrictions for your Premier Customers and that would be a Premier "Perk" I would look forward to. In fact, take the Restriction off of others with plans with unlimited data also.
I WILL be switching Carriers if i could find a Carrier with as good as reception for Data & Voice as Sprint has, and for as good a price as I am paying now. Until then, I will reluctantly continue to be a Sprint Customer, and deal with the Draconian Restriction Sprint has placed on me as well as others.
My Diamond looks better and better as time goes by. Fits right in my pocket, and I forget it's there.
And a few registry tweaks
HTC DIAMOND DISASSEMBLY/ASSEMBLY/PARTS/REPAIR HELP HERE >

"They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security"
-Ben Franklin
Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 AM
The EVO Guru

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I doubt if Sprint even puts out anymore new winmo phones until that wp7 crap comes out.
Old 03-25-2010, 08:37 AM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I like the phone, but I still dunno if its worth dumping my SERO for or not.

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 03-25-2010, 10:52 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I heard this phone can bring cats back from the dead
Old 03-25-2010, 10:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: sprint

samshady is a n00b

I know I am have been die hard WinMo for years but what this phone is offering I am willing to give Android a shot. I had been eyeballing the Hero as a back-up for a few weeks now anyways due to price. I am alradey on a anything plan so hopefully the Evo wont be a problem. However since it took a long time for us to get EVDO here I doubt 4G will be a concern for quite some time.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond

Biker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on repBiker1 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

@BooDaddy >>

If a new plan would cost you another $25/mo, that would be $300/year or $600 over a 2 year contract. If the Evo is worth an additional $300.00 per year (and maybe more, depending on what the cost increase is regarding a plan change,) to own, go for it
For me, no device is worth an additional increase of $100's of dollars per year to own.
A one time additional cost, maybe, but not a re-occurring cost.
I have 2 lines, and I pay $107 per month w/TEP. A change of plans would cost me an additional $90/month, or $1080 per year. The answer is obvious regarding a switch.
My Mom only uses 50 minutes a month. Sprint should make an allowance regarding this, if they are going to force me to switch plans.
As I said, my Diamond is pretty good, and I have a spare just in case. Btw, that spare was used the other week, and I received a replacement under TEP.

Last edited by Biker1; 03-26-2010 at 12:57 AM.
Old 03-25-2010, 11:27 AM
The EVO Guru

Im on advantage plan so I dont care how much the plan is it wont affect me anyways. Plus im due for upgrade
Old 03-25-2010, 12:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Insatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good workInsatiable is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to Insatiable

We don't know right now that Sprint will make us add something additional for the phone. I think it should just be the same especially if you have unlimted data plans.

Its worth a hike for me personally.

Old 03-25-2010, 06:48 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Diamond - WM 6.5 - Telus 1.04.05

robotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regularrobotphood is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Positive quotes from Hesse?

Quote:
9:35AM "It's like standard def versus high def, but with that analogy, you paid more for the better service. With 4G, we're giving you more for free."

9:34AM With 4G, "because we can produce a gigabyte cheaper, we can offer more to the customer."

I don't really see how they can charge for 4G if you don't have 4G (which is a majority of subscribers). It'd make more sense that if they were going to charge extra for it, you'd still be able to use the phone off a 3g plan.

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Smartphone News