PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2008, 10:48 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: PPCGeeks boycott??

Maybe we should all boycott PPCGeeks too.

Damn what the heck would I do while i am sitting at the computer then?

Nevermind...
Old 03-03-2008, 12:55 AM
Lab Rat
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro/Or whatever device I pick out in the morning.

wldthng842 is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to wldthng842

I agree, everyone boycott PPCGeeks from 1:00 am CST to 12:59 am CST on March 32nd. Ok?

Remember to say when someone helps you out.

Open thread without searching > waste server usage > waste energy > higher gas prices
Think about the economy the next time you feel the need to open a useless thread. Think about it.
Old 03-03-2008, 12:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch (6900)
Carrier: Sprint /AT&T 3125 for work

jayresc is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jayresc

What a loser... I'd be lost without this site.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:04 AM
Oldguy
Pocket PC: Moto DROID
Carrier: vzw

nuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuffnuguy knows their stuff

What a sheeple!

Have Wifi and GPS on your phone???
Check out Navizon. It's $$$ in your pocket!
http://my.navizon.com/Webapps/UserAd..._code=5E5D5D5F
Navizon- Get paid $s to use your phones GPS & Wifi!

My Navizon Thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=21590
Old 03-03-2008, 01:08 AM
Lab Rat

I think, Don't feed the troll comes to mind!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 01:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

monkey is keeping up the good workmonkey is keeping up the good work

what a looser. just like some user said over @ SU, lets boycott the boycott
Old 03-03-2008, 11:26 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm going to boycott all boycotts. i am going to do anything I want! Woo Hoo!
Old 03-03-2008, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 (Mogul), EVO 4G

Goddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIPGoddbody is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to Goddbody Send a message via Yahoo to Goddbody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
I know who that is, I won't say the username.

That user was in different issues, but the one that caused the ban was that, after other users did not agree with him, he created another account to post on the same thread to give himself support.

That's the gist of it... there were many other things.

Anyway, I hope he is happy over at SU. If he really thinks that by posting a thread like that somewhere else he is going to hurt us, he is wrong. But everyone is entitled to their opinion...

Oh well... the thread was dead as of 12/11/07 but someone made a post there today. If it's anyone from here, I'd just recommend and ask to let the thread die... that sends a stronger message by saying, "nobody cares what you think". Until today, that thread was active for exactly 1 day, so that should tell you enough
Now Now Pibe I was posting in that thread when that fallout occured. That user was a lil over the top, I remember you posting that "don't think that we don't know its you signing in under another Username", and I am not sure what actions may have caused the User to be baned, but as I recall the issues of that thread was an escalation into opinions on how certain Mods are over zealous in closing threads. Your arguement, well taken I might add, was that threads should stay on the topic of that particular thread. However, I did agree at the time, and still do concure on the obvious fact that there is a great disparity in the way that certain Mods handles flaming, closing threads, and enforcing the Forums regulations (i.e. If a User brings alot by the way of tech expertise, software developement etc) I find that certain violations are over looked. You argued during that thread and asked for proof of these disparities that were by many brought to your attention in a civil manner. But you closed the thread when users did not do so. I have found various forms with flaming. and other inuendo being posted toward users and did not see the thread closed. I started to save the Threads for such an occasion as this, but thought better of it and dismiss such as kiddie like and unmeaningfull. I will say this though as I have stated in the past, yes this is a great forum, but we could be a better community collectively if Mods and the Forum Regs were cohesive an functiong on a basic standard operational proceedure. I am sorry you chose to ban the user. didi he break the rules? He probably did. But his arguement had merit and many that were posting in the thread know this as well. Many have moved on like myself, but it does sometimes takes incidents like this for us to realize of much better we can be as a forum community and grow individually as well as collectively.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:46 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: iPhone4
Carrier: AT&T

Certs is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on repCerts is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

We give users more than their fair share of freedom, to say whatever they like. As long as its not flaming. BUT... when you are told to stop, then stop. If not you get banned. Very simple.

Opinion-based threads can only go so far, because they are never settled and opinions are rarely changed. That's true on every Internet forum.

I don't think you appreciate the responsibilities of a moderator, tbh. Knowing when to stop a conversation thats going downhill is not an easy call.
Old 03-03-2008, 01:58 PM
Lab Rat

I think his point is valid. Certain mods end conversations at different points then others. It is confusing sometimes. Some mods let things slide then another will come and shut it down. If there was only one mod, users could get used to their style and follow it. However given the size of this site that is not possible and some discrepancies are bound to occur. But having an agreement between all mods and admin is crucial for a site this big. Things could be a little more transparent from mod to mod.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Site Information > Site News & Announcements