PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 11:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800
Carrier: Sprint

digitaliceblast is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Copy And Paste On Touch Pro 2

Is there a way to copy and paste? The only way I've found this possible is to switch the onscreen keyboard from full qwerty to just keyboard. This keyboard has a ctrl key which allows you to press ctrl then hit c to copy, then press ctrl again and hit v to paste. Anyone found another way? Would be nice if someone could mod the full qwerty to have a ctrl key.

Solution #1

First Download: Rhodium Keyboard Controller

You have to do everything you see in this picture.
After installing Rhodium Keyboard Controller you go to all settings,
then choose keyboard config. Press menu on the bottom right then click add key.
Make sure to check the box that says Combine with FN key (Function key), it will also say Press
and release the key you want to assign action for. Slide out your keyboard then press "C"

When the key setup screen pops up do what you see in the picture.
Rule leave as is.
Key mode: Single/double click, long press
Event: Click
Action: Emulate key press
Key: 67 C Key
"MAKE SURE TO CHECK THE CTRL BOX"
Send to: OS
Hit ok, then press "Update config" on the bottom left.
Now with your physical keyboard out press the FN key then press "C" this will copy whatever you hightlight.

Repeat the same process for
(X which is 88 to cut)
and (V which is 86 to paste)

Thanks to CovKid66

Solution #2

EVEN BETTER way to do it with the Keyboard controller/config:
You don't "Need" to map a CTRL key, because you can emulate pressing a key WHILE pressing another key. In other words:
Take your C key, map "default function" to single click, but map "emulate keypress" for LONG press, and then for the key to emulate check CTRL and "C". That way when press and hold C it will copy automatically! Repeat for X and V etc. Also I made a tab key via FN->SYM, and pressing FN->LEFT or RIGHT will skip a word.

If you don't understand any of this or just want to see it, here's my Keyboard Controller XML config file: (coulldn't attach an XML file here so I'm hosting it off my site)
http://protonus.ws/files/ppc/KeyboardConfig.xml
Just load this up and you can see all I've done, I've mapped a lot. I have some mapping for the AEButtons Task Manager and Mem Viewer as they're my favorite so install AEButtons to take advantage of that (you don't have to have it in startup though).

Thanks to Protonus

Still looking for a mod to add ctrl to the Full QWERTY onscreen keyboard.

Last edited by digitaliceblast; 10-13-2009 at 11:34 PM.
This post has been thanked 17 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:40 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: TP2 Copy And Paste?

this dont help you and im sorry, but the tmobile version has a ctrl and i love it.... i dont know why they would remove it on the other carriers along with having the sd card and soft reset under the trunk, but i guess yall got a 3.5 mm jack instead...
Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Scotty_Two is keeping up the good workScotty_Two is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by digitaliceblast View Post
Is there a way to copy and paste? The only way I've found this possible is to switch the onscreen keyboard from full qwerty to just keyboard. This keyboard has a ctrl key which allows you to press ctrl then hit c to copy, then press ctrl again and hit v to paste. Anyone found another way? Would be nice if someone could mod the full qwerty to have a ctrl key.

select whatever it is you want to copy, tap and hold down on it on the screen and wait for the pop-up options and select copy. same for paste. sometimes the right softkey will have options and you can go to edit and then copy/paste.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 and HTC HERO...TECHNO JUNKIE!!!

STILLSPRINTIN is just getting started

I've noticed that you can't highlight text thats in text message view anymore i.e., hold the stylus on the screen and highlight what you want, it only allows you to select all and copy.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by STILLSPRINTIN View Post
I've noticed that you can't highlight text thats in text message view anymore i.e., hold the stylus on the screen and highlight what you want, it only allows you to select all and copy.
You have to hit the menu soft key and then click on select text first.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

If you select "Menu" in most things, there is a "Select Text" option that you can click. It allows you to select text onscreen.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

cyclical is keeping up the good workcyclical is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
You have to hit the menu soft key and then click on select text first.
damn you beat me by a minute.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:06 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Sometimes certain text fields doen't allow you to copy highlighted text from them. On the TP1, I would just use Ctrl-C and it would work anyways. I guess for the TP2, you have to use the standard WM keyboard
Old 09-18-2009, 06:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

i asked a similar question yesterday. my HTC Mogul could highlight, copy, and paste on virtually any screen. the TP2 looks better, but takes away that functionality.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ☢ ⓈⒶⓊⓂⒶⓊⓃ View Post
Sometimes certain text fields doen't allow you to copy highlighted text from them. On the TP1, I would just use Ctrl-C and it would work anyways. I guess for the TP2, you have to use the standard WM keyboard
have you found any workarounds??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2