PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC DESIRE HD
Carrier: Telus

vakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvakbrain is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Copy And Paste?

Here's what I did on my phone :

I've install KbdControl on my TP2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240) and I remap the "email" key on the keyboard to a Ctrl key. Telus TP2 has a email button which is totally useless IMO. I remap that button but you can remap any button you'd like !

Now, I just have to press "email" + C or "email" + V ... and there you go ! Got Copy and paste everywhere !!

It is working very very good

Last edited by vakbrain; 09-18-2009 at 07:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

otterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good workotterit is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclical View Post
If you select "Menu" in most things, there is a "Select Text" option that you can click. It allows you to select text onscreen.
Select Text is not available on all the screens.
Old 09-18-2009, 07:15 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

in messages to highlight only a few, the tmobile tp2 other than having the ctrl button, theres a select messages/several just hit menu, select messages and several...... and just touch each one ya want untill ya highlighted all ya want, then delete or whatever ya wanna do
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:01 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vakbrain View Post
Here's what I did on my phone :

I've install KbdControl on my TP2 (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=554240) and I remap the "email" key on the keyboard to a Ctrl key. Telus TP2 has a email button which is totally useless IMO. I remap that button but you can remap any button you'd like !

Now, I just have to press "email" + C or "email" + V ... and there you go ! Got Copy and paste everywhere !!

It is working very very good

Did the exact same thing here. That Rhodium Keyboard Controller is the best thing since sliced bread I hated not having a CTL key on the Telus TP2.

Old 09-18-2009, 09:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

eldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good workeldersoul is keeping up the good work

I hadnt noticed this yet. i dont miss the ctrl key but i cant say i like having to choose select text vs just highlighting. I really hope they come out with a cooked rom. im tired of stock and im ready to start experimenting.

Phone

Sprint
PPC-6600

Verizon
Samsumg i760
HTC VX6800 - Mogul
HTC VX6850 - Touch Pro
HTC VX6875 - Touch Pro 2

Feathered Access -
Free Live Mobile Television On The Go!
http://featheredaccess.com
Old 09-18-2009, 10:04 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Ok i guess everyone else missed this... but you CAN select text in text messages WITHOUT having to go to menu and turning select text on...

Here's how:
It's not like before where you instantly start selecting. Now, you press and hold where you want to start highlighting... Wait until you start seeing the lil animation (before the select all context menu pops up), then start dragging over text. after that, simply hold the selection for the copy menu. Simple! Hope this helps.

By the way, this works in emails too

I personally like this more because it makes scrolling through the threaded texts much easier.

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-18-2009 at 10:06 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-18-2009, 10:31 PM
VGhhbmtzIGZvciBwbGF5aW5nI
Pocket PC: Omnia II

CovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIPCovKid66 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
Ok i guess everyone else missed this... but you CAN select text in text messages WITHOUT having to go to menu and turning select text on...

Here's how:
It's not like before where you instantly start selecting. Now, you press and hold where you want to start highlighting... Wait until you start seeing the lil animation (before the select all context menu pops up), then start dragging over text. after that, simply hold the selection for the copy menu. Simple! Hope this helps.

By the way, this works in emails too

I personally like this more because it makes scrolling through the threaded texts much easier.
Guess I missed it....sweet work around. Thank you!
Old 09-25-2009, 03:58 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution
Carrier: Sprint

djelmonstruo is keeping up the good workdjelmonstruo is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to djelmonstruo Send a message via MSN to djelmonstruo

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterit View Post
Select Text is not available on all the screens.
yeah... especially in msn messenger...
someone know how can i copy paste on windows live messenger.

TIA
Old 09-25-2009, 04:26 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

FingerKeyboard has a copy and paste function which works really well. It is, IMO, a much better alternative than switching back & forth to the default WM keyboard solely for this purpose.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:26 AM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

*sigh* If only the tap&hold approach worked in lists (File Explorer, Email, etc).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2