PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2007, 05:29 PM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dc is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Plantronics Voyager 855

I have been using the Jabra BT8010 since it first came out in January 2007. It's a great headset, but it's a bit on the large size and the earpieces don't go inside the ear canal to create any noise isolation. The volume for regular calls has been adequate at best, but stereo sound for music is very good. Prior to the BT8010, I was using a Plantronics 510 and that had more than adequate volume for regular calls, even in noisy environments.

I have been a Plantronics fan ever since the 510 and I just heard about their new stereo Bluetooth headset with an extra attachable earpiece like the BT8010. Since it doesn't appear to be available yet I don't know if it's any good, but I do have it on pre-order. The extremely small size and earbuds that go inside the ear canal for sound isolation is what sold me. Here is a link for the new headset: www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1150057/cat5420035/prod5880001.

I'll report back once I receive and test it, but I thought I would give you guys a heads-up if you haven't heard about this one.
Old 09-14-2007, 08:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Dell

trehouse is just getting started
I have the Blueant X5 headphones and they don't work at all without skipping on my XV6700 with WM6 or WM5 custom ROM. I've about given up trying to fix em. I tried all the usual mentioned hacks with no luck.
Old 10-31-2007, 11:14 AM
dc
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

dc is just getting started
Plantronics 855 vs Jabra BT8010

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc View Post
I have been a Plantronics fan ever since the 510 and I just heard about their new stereo Bluetooth headset (855) with an extra attachable earpiece like the BT8010. Since it doesn't appear to be available yet I don't know if it's any good, but I do have it on pre-order. The extremely small size and earbuds that go inside the ear canal for sound isolation is what sold me. Here is a link for the new headset: www.plantronics.com/north_america/en_US/products/cat1150057/cat5420035/prod5880001.

I'll report back once I receive and test it, but I thought I would give you guys a heads-up if you haven't heard about this one.
I now have used the Plantronics 855 headset for 24-hours and it works as I had hoped. The form factor in particular is fantastic. The headset comes with three sizes of sound isolating ear buds and I was able to find a comfortable fit. Fit will vary from person to person based upon the size of their ear canal, but at least you'll have three size choices. Otherwise you can use the headset with an attachable ear loop stabilizer and they've included two sizes in the package.

I am using a Sprint 6700 with WM6 and the volume for regular calls is very good. It is significantly better than the Jabra BT8010, but I would say slightly less volume than the Plantronics 510. Stereo sound for music when utilizing the extra ear bud is decent and I would say very similar to what I experienced with the BT8010. I do find much less skipping with the 855 for some reason. I use MortPlayer and the headset controls play/pause and track forward/back.

My common complaint with the 855 and the BT8010 is the proprietary charging plug. Each looks similar to a Mini-USB plug but smaller. Even the plugs for the 855 and BT8010 are different sizes. This is not a major issue for me, but they didn't include a USB charger in the 855 package and Plantronics says they will not have one available as an accessory for a few months. I was hoping the 855 utilized the same Mini-USB charger as the 6700, but that's obviously not the case.

The major advantage of the 855 is the tiny form factor and the more than reasonable (for its size) sound quality. The BT8010 is an amazing headset with incredible bells/whistles, but it's a MUCH larger headset and regular voice call volume was slightly too low for me. The 855 is a keeper!
Old 10-31-2007, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

spetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuffspetrillo knows their stuff
Bluetooth Stereo Headphones

I have invested in the iLuv 903 Bluetooth headphones because they are the only noise cancelling headset on the market that I could find. I personally wish Bose would just belly to the bar and make a set that support Bluetooth also but they dont seem to think there is a market for that.

the 903s are good, noise cancelling is very good for Bluetooth, and I am able to pair them with my 6700 running the 0.6c VZG kitchen.

Thanks,
Steve

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache