PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2007, 07:56 PM
hit
Lurker

hit is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Mine are fine. I sweat a whole lot and I still havent seen any issues. The only issue I have is that it skips a bit due to the bluetooth.
Old 08-08-2007, 08:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

saqer is keeping up the good worksaqer is keeping up the good work
anyone have the jabra bt8010. I'm really into the whole idea about being able to switch back to mono headset if I don't need the stereo portion. It's also got caller ID.
Old 08-08-2007, 09:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TPro -TP2
Carrier: Sprint/AT&T

gatolsf is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayz11
don't want to hijack the thread, but RE the moto s9, does anyone use it at the gym? Description says its sweat and water resistant and is ideal for workouts. Any testimonals on this? Does it stay in your ear...etc.
I use them at gym, all the time. as the description says they are sweat & water resistant & yes they do stay in your ears...
Old 08-08-2007, 10:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Jeff Kirvin is becoming a great contributor
I <3 my S9s. No heavier than sunglasses and very good sound.
Old 08-09-2007, 05:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm pre

devren is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to devren Send a message via Skype™ to devren
I have the Moto HT820 and they work very well except for the volume was a little low. I stopped using them though because they look really funny and I got tired of people looking at me crazy and asking annoying questions. I also have the sony HBH-DS970. It took me awhile to get them to work but now I am really starting to like them.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

Karmashock is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by chirulz
i bought the jensen wbt212 and all I get is skipping. except with the with the gateway. but then its not very loud. but the A2Dp hack make them skip. any suggestions?
I would recommend having your phone open the connection. With mine it's the only way to avoid skipping. I can't just press the "play" button on my headset like you'd think. That causes the headset to open the connection which always leads to skipping.

How I do it is I turn both devices on... but do not connect them just yet. Then I go to the bluetooth settings on the PPC and click and hold on the headset... then I select "set to wireless stereo". That opens the connection and everything usually sounds great there after.

however, sometimes even then it doesn't work. So I turn by blue tooth off on hte PPC, turn it back on again, and again press "set to wireless stereo"... I've had it screw up two or three times in a row that way even then... but it always works eventually... and once connected I get no skipping at all. I do this about once or twice a day. After syncing the two they don't need to be fooled with again until I recharge my headset.
Old 08-09-2007, 10:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

CheezWiz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by saqer
anyone have the jabra bt8010. I'm really into the whole idea about being able to switch back to mono headset if I don't need the stereo portion. It's also got caller ID.
I have it and my wife does too. We love the 8010!

btw, Amazon has the best deal on it right now...
Running: Latest Stock VZW ROM for the working Voice Command (PagePool@8MB)
What I would be running if VC worked: MightyROM 4/R3BORN 06/01/09
Radio: Latest VZW Stock (Will likely switch to 1.07.06F)
Locker: Pocket Shield
Want an easy and free way to share files privately on any OS?
https://www.getdropbox.com/referrals/NTEwOTAwMDI5
^^^use my link for an extra 250MB's of space!
Old 08-09-2007, 08:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint TP; XV6900 before; XV6700 first
Carrier: was Verizon, now saving on Sprint

fredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stufffredcatsmommy knows their stuff
s9 problems - works on calls but no music

I saw a few posts where folks are using the s9 with their 6700; did you have to update anything for the stereo to work with the music player? My s9 paired fine and is working with calls but is nonresponsive as to the stereo and music player.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

PolloLoco is keeping up the good workPolloLoco is keeping up the good work
I wish I could recommend the BT8010's without a doubt. I did buy them twice - the first time, the BT8010 fell into a toilet and I was unwilling to fish it out. On the bright side, I've now got double the accessories so I can play music at home or at work without lugging hardware around.

It's great to have a high quality headset with an LCD, that also plays great stereo music. You can make a call using the LCD without talking or pulling out your phone. I have no complaints about that.

The problem is that periodically - the BT8010's will switch from headset to stereo mode even though the phone is locked to one or the other. From that point on - ALL sound is broadcast to the headset whether you want it to or not. The updated firmware helps, but I've found that the only definite solution is to disconnect and reconnect the pairing with the phone when this happens.

Jabra is aware of the issue - they've had many calls. But they haven't come up with a solution that I know of. The button that switches between the two settings is temporary until a new sound is emitted by the phone.

If it weren't for this annoyance, the BT8010's would be the best hands-down. Good sound quality, good noise reduction, great LCD (though it's easy to scratch) - and the ability to go from a mono to stereo headset by attaching the second speaker.
Old 08-11-2007, 06:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

frijoles99 is a n00b
Jabra BT 620's

I bought the Jabra BT 620's and got them to install, but the music sounds horrible and is increidbly choppy when i play it on the headphones, but is perfectly fine when I play it straight from the phone. I think I might have an outdated bluetooth protocol. How do I find out and how do I get the latest bluetooth protocol on my 6700?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache