PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru
Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

I'm not sure if this is a double post, but since I couldn't find one pertaining to this, thought I should share.

For those of you out there that are planning on buying a Sprint Touch Pro to use on Verizon's network, the switch over instructions on this site are no longer valid. Go to the last few pages and you'll see why. The phone can NOT be activated on Verizons network any longer. The *228 option 3 hole has been plugged up. Apparently they figured out how to piss us off again earlier this week.

If you have a Sprint Touch Pro that's already on the VZW network, you're safe for the moment. Just don't attempt to switch phones and then try and go back to using your Sprint branded Touch Pro. It just flat out won't activate.

Some have rumored that they have been able to convince Verizon to add the ESN from their phone to the VZW database, but it doesn't sound like many have much success with it.

Admins: Please sticky this thread to save people the expense and time of going through all the steps. Maybe we could force an update on the first page of the original thread, but still leave it in place as the settings for QPST that are listed there are still a great source of good VZW info.
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 01:48 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP
Re: Sprint TP on Verizon UPDATE! (NO LONGER WORKING)

for sure I know I haven't...which prompts me to switch services when my contract ends with them.
There is small rate of success with an meid add. Even the supervisor told me that they couldn't do it because the phone isn't supported (then why did it work on the network idiot)
que sera sera. Its weird either vzw comes out with an ungimped and inexpensive device or people are going to leave in droves. This was the last straw for many business customers struggling whether to switch or not.
Not to get on a huge rant, but its ludicrous. Verizon has lost their mind. Their data plans may be superior but at the cost is far too much
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:12 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G LTE
Carrier: Sprint!
Threadstarter

veedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuffveedubguru knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to veedubguru

From the pricing guide I got with Sprint, Verizon's data plan isn't really superior in any way. For as many lines as I have, I'll be saving money making the switch. I already know what the termination fees are, and I'm heading to Sprint this afternoon to have a sales person give me the grand total for service on 4 new lines.

And about it not being supported, COME ON! I actually had a customer service rep tell me that the technology was different. He said Verizon uses CDMA, and Sprint is TDMA. WTF??? The customer service folks are so uneducated that it sometimes feels like I'm talking to a 4 year old about my service when I call.

Verizon really does suck anymore...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6700/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

0Gravity is just getting started

I just recently, made the switch from verizon to sprint, for the sole reason that I wanted the touch pro, and the verizon version was ugly as hell and crippled....and so far I am completely happy with the Service and Network...No dropped calls at all, so far!
I think there should be a law put into place that says, cellular companies should not be allowed to "Force" you to buy there equipment if you already own a device that will work on their network....What if Your home telephone company was allowed to do the same! You would have to buy all new phones for your home? That would be rediculous right? Well, what is the difference? Why should cellular companies be allowed to do this?
I bought the Sprint TP figuring that if I was not happy with Sprint's service, I could always activate my phone back on verizons network...Well guess what Verizon....You just screwed yourself out of a potentual return customer!
And they wonder why there is a need for "Hacks & Cracks"

0Gravity

Last edited by 0Gravity; 03-21-2009 at 03:01 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:23 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubguru View Post
From the pricing guide I got with Sprint, Verizon's data plan isn't really superior in any way. ...
Price has nothing to do with it, VZ's network coverage is better than Sprint's period. I actually lost a business account when Sprint failed to deliver an extremely important text for something like 8 hours & the guy (who was a prick) got pissed that I was "ignoring him".........

I had Sprint for two years & had tons of problems that totally disappeared as soon as I switched to VZ. I travel all over the country on business & Sprint's network simply is not good enough for me (unfortunately, because it certainly is cheaper)

That being said, this cr@p VZ is pulling now is really puzzling. Why they would even want to block anybodies phone is puzzling as the monthly fee is where their income comes form, not hardware sales.

I am using a Sprint TP right now on my VZ account (Mighty ROM), but I will be pretty careful what changes I make from here on out.....

~John
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-21-2009, 03:43 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Gravity View Post
I think there should be a law put into place that says, cellular companies should not be allowed to "Force" you to buy there equipment if you already own a device that will work on their network....
I agree 100%

~John
Old 03-21-2009, 04:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Price has nothing to do with it, VZ's network coverage is better than Sprint's period. I actually lost a business account when Sprint failed to deliver an extremely important text for something like 8 hours & the guy (who was a prick) got pissed that I was "ignoring him".........

I had Sprint for two years & had tons of problems that totally disappeared as soon as I switched to VZ. I travel all over the country on business & Sprint's network simply is not good enough for me (unfortunately, because it certainly is cheaper)

That being said, this cr@p VZ is pulling now is really puzzling. Why they would even want to block anybodies phone is puzzling as the monthly fee is where their income comes form, not hardware sales.

I am using a Sprint TP right now on my VZ account (Mighty ROM), but I will be pretty careful what changes I make from here on out.....

~John
gonna thank ya for that. They are losing customers with htis plan at least in the pocket pc department. Looking at the specs of the rhodium verizon is getting, it won't be a world wide phone like the sprint variant (so in many respects, that seems like a cripple) but we will see...
october is my official month last for vzw. If I had extra scratch I would cancel vzw tonight...they've put me through hell
I had to return two moguls to get one refurbished debt off my account (that still isn't off), the customer service lacks more knowledge than a dog, and they have the superiority of what we say is the truth despite the fact that they all say different things and no one know what to follows.
Truth be told, would it be fair to say we know more than supervisors? Probably. Should the supervisors be aware of this? It would help. but of course it is what it is
Old 03-21-2009, 05:17 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

lol I love threads like this. Long live Sprint.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:39 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

Me too...I love me some Sprint. I have been on VZW before...and I would NEVER go back...I think they suck. I dont find their service superior to Sprints at all...I have had much better luck with Sprint.

Long live Sprint!

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

Chuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuffChuck_IV knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Price has nothing to do with it, VZ's network coverage is better than Sprint's period.
Everyone's experience will vary. For instance, after running with BOTH Verizon and Sprint, at the same time for almost a month, I can tell you, in my area, and the areas I travel, Sprint is NOTICEABLY better, especially in their data coverage.

Beyond that tho, Verizon's pricing is just too high for me, nevermind the way they handle their hardware.

Last edited by Chuck_IV; 03-21-2009 at 08:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro