PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 12:15 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
SKtool exclusive thread (Updated march 3rd,2010)

This thread is to discuss sktools features, how to's,troubleshooting and anything else related to it.
Here is the link for all sktool features from their website,
http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

Highlights:

• New settings storage subsystem.
  • New tool - "File Explorer": copy, move, rename, delete, preview for some file types, change attributes, create shortcuts, open, open with....
  • Because SKTools is one from "the first installation programs" - we have removed demo restrictions in File Explorer, Registry Explorer and SKTools Backup tools.
  • "Databases": added "Mount volume" command. This command allows you to view the database in currently unmounted volume.
  • "Installed Programs": added "Installation folder" column.
  • "Installed Programs": deep scan after uninstall.
  • Shortcut Wizard: added shortcut for toggle screen rotation (portrait - landscape).
  • Shadow Services: added "Keep backlight" service. This service prevent backlight off and device sleep mode.
  • Temporary and Cache Folders: added cache cleaner for some versions of YouTube and HTC Album applications.
  • Invalid Registry Entry: added cleaner for Start Menu icons definitions.
  • Added Exclude list for close tasks command.
  • Menu "Tools" reorganization ("About" submenu).
  • Added "Tools->Control panel" command.

Last edited by HBOOT; 03-03-2010 at 05:24 AM. Reason: Updated SKTools info
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 09:56 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor
Re: SKtool exclusive thread

Has anyone used the SKTools backup feature and successfully restored a complete device? I use Sprite backup but if SKTools backup is robust then no need for two programs that do the same thing.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:11 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007
Thumbs up Re: SKtool exclusive thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
Has anyone used the SKTools backup feature and successfully restored a complete device? I use Sprite backup but if SKTools backup is robust then no need for two programs that do the same thing.

I have tried it tcatnat, it works perfect for me, i have restore 5 times on a treo700wx and couple times on treo800wx, no problems at all, full system restore.

Old 01-09-2009, 10:14 AM
VIP PATROL

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

All the features i have succesfully used with SKTOOLS are (full system backup and restore, Autoclean,Resgistry explorer, Freeup Ram) so far.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Diamond

tcatnat is becoming a great contributor

Quick question, do you need SKTools installed to restore or does it create a stand alone restore file?
Old 01-09-2009, 10:25 AM
VIP PATROL

Thumbs up Re: SKtool exclusive thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcatnat View Post
Quick question, do you need SKTools installed to restore or does it create a stand alone restore file?
When i created my full system restore file, i stored it into my storage card, later on i purchase another phone where i was going to apply a full system restore, i found a stand alone restore file in my storage card. Of course will be a good idea to install SKTOOLS on your storage card just in case.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 01-09-2009 at 10:28 AM.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:32 AM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

It wont hurt o have Sktool in the storage card but it is definiltely not necessary, the back up its self is an executable program that launches and install, another word is a stand alone.

Last edited by HBOOT; 01-09-2009 at 10:39 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:26 PM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

Guys I was able to get my "whited out "options, I knew I jacked up the colors somehow. Those color features arent really clear , well at least to me. It takes trial and error. anyway, here are some shots of my colors..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (181.9 KB, 147 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen002.jpg (209.5 KB, 95 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen003.jpg (129.8 KB, 69 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen004.jpg (154.7 KB, 66 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen005.jpg (160.2 KB, 73 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:29 PM
DaFlowMaster
Threadstarter

....number 6 shot
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen006.jpg (131.2 KB, 76 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-14-2009, 08:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Commwarrior X is a n00b

Cool looking program. Have you had any errors or glitches with it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Mobile Software