PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   Windows Mobile Software (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   SKtool exclusive thread (Updated march 3rd,2010) (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52340)

HBOOT 01-08-2009 12:15 PM

SKtool exclusive thread (Updated march 3rd,2010)

This thread is to discuss sktools features, how to's,troubleshooting and anything else related to it.
Here is the link for all sktool features from their website,
http://s-k-tools.com/index.html?sktools/m_feat.html

Highlights:

• New settings storage subsystem.
  • New tool - "File Explorer": copy, move, rename, delete, preview for some file types, change attributes, create shortcuts, open, open with....
  • Because SKTools is one from "the first installation programs" - we have removed demo restrictions in File Explorer, Registry Explorer and SKTools Backup tools.
  • "Databases": added "Mount volume" command. This command allows you to view the database in currently unmounted volume.
  • "Installed Programs": added "Installation folder" column.
  • "Installed Programs": deep scan after uninstall.
  • Shortcut Wizard: added shortcut for toggle screen rotation (portrait - landscape).
  • Shadow Services: added "Keep backlight" service. This service prevent backlight off and device sleep mode.
  • Temporary and Cache Folders: added cache cleaner for some versions of YouTube and HTC Album applications.
  • Invalid Registry Entry: added cleaner for Start Menu icons definitions.
  • Added Exclude list for close tasks command.
  • Menu "Tools" reorganization ("About" submenu).
  • Added "Tools->Control panel" command.

tcatnat 01-09-2009 09:56 AM

Re: SKtool exclusive thread

Has anyone used the SKTools backup feature and successfully restored a complete device? I use Sprite backup but if SKTools backup is robust then no need for two programs that do the same thing.

JAVIERBOND007 01-09-2009 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcatnat (Post 628924)
Has anyone used the SKTools backup feature and successfully restored a complete device? I use Sprite backup but if SKTools backup is robust then no need for two programs that do the same thing.

I have tried it tcatnat, it works perfect for me, i have restore 5 times on a treo700wx and couple times on treo800wx, no problems at all, full system restore.

JAVIERBOND007 01-09-2009 10:14 AM

All the features i have succesfully used with SKTOOLS are (full system backup and restore, Autoclean,Resgistry explorer, Freeup Ram) so far.

tcatnat 01-09-2009 10:16 AM

Quick question, do you need SKTools installed to restore or does it create a stand alone restore file?

JAVIERBOND007 01-09-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tcatnat (Post 628948)
Quick question, do you need SKTools installed to restore or does it create a stand alone restore file?

When i created my full system restore file, i stored it into my storage card, later on i purchase another phone where i was going to apply a full system restore, i found a stand alone restore file in my storage card. Of course will be a good idea to install SKTOOLS on your storage card just in case.

HBOOT 01-09-2009 10:32 AM

It wont hurt o have Sktool in the storage card but it is definiltely not necessary, the back up its self is an executable program that launches and install, another word is a stand alone.

HBOOT 01-09-2009 11:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Guys I was able to get my "whited out "options, I knew I jacked up the colors somehow. Those color features arent really clear , well at least to me. It takes trial and error. anyway, here are some shots of my colors..

HBOOT 01-09-2009 11:29 PM

1 Attachment(s)
....number 6 shot

Commwarrior X 01-14-2009 08:24 AM

Cool looking program. Have you had any errors or glitches with it?