PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2008, 12:45 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
New Sprint MMS on the Touch!

There's a thread in the Diamond forum about the new Picture mail MMS and available .cab http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37799 , but I found nothing in the Touch forum. I installed the Picture Mail cab referenced in that thread http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/ and it added a Sprint Picture Mail account in Messaging,but first it did not work. I still recieved a text with a link to the pics. Then I opened a pic and hit send, it let me select the PicMail account and I entered my own Number. After a few seconds, the PicMail app popped up and began some configuring as discussed in the diamond thread. I eventually recieved the Picture thru the PictureMail account and not an e-mail link. So i guess I can send and receive pics now by phone!

However,I tried sending myself a pic from the Picmail website and it now gives the IOTA error 1012 which users in the Diamond thread have posted can be fixed by calling Sprint and having my Picture mail account removed and readded. Not sure if it's a good idea to call since it's a leaked cab and not available from Sprint Yet??? I have not tried to recieve a pic from another phone yet.
Any others trying to get this to work??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen02.jpg (11.7 KB, 355 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen04.jpg (11.9 KB, 191 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg Screen05.jpg (7.4 KB, 162 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue / Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

ghostridr is keeping up the good workghostridr is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: New Sprint MMS on the Touch!

nice find gullzway... getting an error(G66:There was an error trying to register your phone), you ran into that during setup?

update : G66 error was due to my sprint picture mail account NOT having been setup and activated. back to square 1, which is the same error(IOTA 1012) that you have.

Epic 4G - Stock (30day trail) until 10/1 when SERO/500 restrictions are lifted. Epic+SERO = $50 per month FTW =D>

Last edited by ghostridr; 09-22-2008 at 01:43 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:55 AM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I sent a pic to a friend and he received it just fine. He tried to send me one and I got the same old text link. A few minutes later a window popped up and sain Preparing Vision services, I thought YES!, but then the 1012 error popped up. Close. I think I will call Sprint in the morning and ask them to reset my Picmail Account because it is giving me errors.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-22-2008, 04:31 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work

keep us updated!

I installed and got the same errors as you guys. I soft reset and it connected and I'm able to send a picmail to myself but when I try to send to my girlfriend the application disapears... I'm also getting PICmail in my inbox still.

Also not sure if a "custom" out of carrier rom could affect if this works or not?

Last edited by calisoldier83; 09-22-2008 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:29 AM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

Just called *2 and told them I was having problems with my picture mail and needed an IOTA update. She said OK, took a few minutes, and said I should receive the update within an hour. I'll let you know if it works.

Edit: Now I'm getting a Error 67 Registration Failure. Your PCS Vision username and/or password may be incorrect. Please try again.

Last edited by gullzway; 09-22-2008 at 09:36 AM.
Old 09-22-2008, 09:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

berardi1111 is just getting started

So it works to send but not to receive?
Old 09-22-2008, 11:28 AM
Och
N00b
Pocket PC: Samsung Omia
Carrier: MTN

Och is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
There's a thread in the Diamond forum about the new Picture mail MMS and available .cab http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=37799 , but I found nothing in the Touch forum. I installed the Picture Mail cab referenced in that thread http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/ and it added a Sprint Picture Mail account in Messaging,but first it did not work. I still recieved a text with a link to the pics. Then I opened a pic and hit send, it let me select the PicMail account and I entered my own Number. After a few seconds, the PicMail app popped up and began some configuring as discussed in the diamond thread. I eventually recieved the Picture thru the PictureMail account and not an e-mail link. So i guess I can send and receive pics now by phone!

However,I tried sending myself a pic from the Picmail website and it now gives the IOTA error 1012 which users in the Diamond thread have posted can be fixed by calling Sprint and having my Picture mail account removed and readded. Not sure if it's a good idea to call since it's a leaked cab and not available from Sprint Yet??? I have not tried to recieve a pic from another phone yet.
Any others trying to get this to work??
Hey, I have a quick question. So I have the Sprint Pic App installed, and it works fine for sending pictures....you even have the option of posting pics to myspace, your online sprint album, and photo bucket. However, I still receive pics in a text form and not to my picture account. You said u received it in the pic account, and I was just wondering how.
Old 09-22-2008, 10:19 PM
VFW Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Och View Post
Hey, I have a quick question. So I have the Sprint Pic App installed, and it works fine for sending pictures....you even have the option of posting pics to myspace, your online sprint album, and photo bucket. However, I still receive pics in a text form and not to my picture account. You said u received it in the pic account, and I was just wondering how.
I was wrong. For some reason sent pics show up in your Inbox. So I didn't actually reveive a pic thru the App. Only works to send, and very buggy if it works at all. Resending the IOTA did not help and I am back to the Error 1012. I have not tried calling back and asking them to reset my picmail account yet, but have heard this can fix the problem!
Old 09-29-2008, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Vogue

calisoldier83 is keeping up the good workcalisoldier83 is keeping up the good work

I'm surprised this doesn't work?!? This only works on the diamond which uses the same software we are using? Somethings fishy....

I'm pretty sure sprint has a provision for people who have diamonds to have access to this application, and I don't think they will provision our touches to work with this program. Afterall, its just accessing a certain server to send MMS. I'm surprised this isn't a big issue amongst this forum....Any tier 1 employees have any intel on this?

Last edited by calisoldier83; 09-29-2008 at 09:16 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TheUltimateDroid Blue Midnight X Theme. Slayer1.6
Carrier: Verizon

rossi636 is keeping up the good workrossi636 is keeping up the good work

Finally, someone who agrees this should be a big deal.. I tried refering this post in the Vogue Upgrade forum, but just a bunch of views. no responses.. Lets go Techies!!
You know you want it.. lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue