PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 PM
The Source of Power
Pocket PC: EVO4G & EPIC4g
Carrier: Sprint

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to Trident
Updater error- won't complete

I'm getting an error when I run the updater with the new PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file included. It seems to finish and then says that there is an error and it can't copy the file and rolls back all changes.
I just updated the other files and am manually downloading the PPCGeeks file, but I wanted you guys to know.
[In the past, this has been caused by trying to update while the Kitchen was running or something like that, but that wasn't the case this time.]

Old 07-31-2008, 07:08 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Updater error- won't complete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I'm getting an error when I run the updater with the new PPCGeeks_OEM.rar file included. It seems to finish and then says that there is an error and it can't copy the file and rolls back all changes.
I just updated the other files and am manually downloading the PPCGeeks file, but I wanted you guys to know.
[In the past, this has been caused by trying to update while the Kitchen was running or something like that, but that wasn't the case this time.]
I wish I could replicate that. You're the 2nd person I've heard has that problem. Unfortunately, until I can replicate it (I've seen it in the past, but not recently), I can't fix it. I'll see what can be done to generate a useful log.
Old 08-01-2008, 12:54 AM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

Trident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on repTrident is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not a big deal. It's still happening, but like I said, I was able to download everything manually.
Even after running the updater, it still shows that PPCGeeks_OEM.rar has an available update, but I know it doesn't.
I'm letting it try to download to see what happens. I've got the file saved in another directory in case the Updater does something to the file that's in the kitchen now.
Old 08-01-2008, 04:41 AM
Deep Thinker

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Working on the issue now.
Old 08-02-2008, 10:50 AM
Deep Thinker

I need someone who repeatedly gets failures using Updater to assist w/ debugging. Find me in the chat room. It will also help if you run Updater with -log option and post the contents here.

Last edited by gguruusa; 08-02-2008 at 11:01 AM.
Old 08-02-2008, 11:11 AM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguruusa View Post
I need someone who repeatedly gets failures using Updater to assist w/ debugging. Find me in the chat room. It will also help if you run Updater with -log option and post the contents here.
Havent updated in a while... giving the updater a whirl...
Old 08-02-2008, 11:17 AM
SuperNoob
Pocket PC: iPhone 5s
Carrier: TMobile

rstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation levelrstoyguy can't get a higher reputation level

No updates/problems for me...

Quote:
Originally Posted by updater.exe
UPDATER LOG FILE
================
Updater is developed by Geert van Horrik, 2004 - 2006
Visit www.gvhsoftware.org for more information.
Commandline:
10:16:02:249 => task ready: TASK_INIT
10:16:02:249 => START CHANGING USER INTERFACE
10:16:02:249 => destroy existing user interface
10:16:02:249 => create new user interface: FULL MODE
10:16:02:364 => END CHANGING USER INTERFACE
10:16:03:758 => CUpdateProcess::OnThreadMessage -> wParam = 3; lParam = 0
10:16:03:759 => CUpdateProcess::OnThreadMessage -> start next task
10:16:03:759 => starting task: TASK_CHECKVERSION
10:16:03:759 => CInternet:ownloadFile -> updates.xml
10:16:04:051 => PROXY_INFO: connection type => 1
10:16:04:051 => PROXY_INFO: proxy server =>
10:16:04:051 => PROXY_INFO: bypass list =>
10:16:08:684 => Start parsing updatefile.xml
10:16:08:704 => updatefile.xml succesfully parsed
10:16:08:704 => CInternet:ownloadFile -> updater_selfupdate.xml
10:16:08:704 => PROXY_INFO: connection type => 1
10:16:08:704 => PROXY_INFO: proxy server =>
10:16:08:705 => PROXY_INFO: bypass list =>
10:16:12:168 => No new version is found
10:16:18:783 => CUpdateProcess::OnThreadMessage -> wParam = 5; lParam = 0
10:16:18:783 => CUpdateProcess::OnThreadMessage -> finish update process
-------------------------------------
Update took 0:00:16:545 (hh:mm:ss:ms)
-------------------------------------
Close Updater

Old 08-02-2008, 05:47 PM
The Source of Power
Threadstarter

I still get the error (I think I mentioned this), so it's duplicatable by me- if you tell me how to run Updater to get a log file, I'd be happy to try it and show you the log.
Old 08-02-2008, 05:59 PM
the magic mod
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6950, TP2, iPad/iPod, Evo, Note3
Carrier: sprint

puff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the communitypuff is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstoyguy View Post
No updates/problems for me...
well i ran into issues, however they were isolated to my environment (i.e. my internet got disconnected during update)
once i reconnected (using WModem) and plugged into the charger, the updater worked w/out a hitch
Old 08-02-2008, 07:12 PM
Deep Thinker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trident View Post
I still get the error (I think I mentioned this), so it's duplicatable by me- if you tell me how to run Updater to get a log file, I'd be happy to try it and show you the log.
Updater.exe -log

You can modify the shortcut in the startmenu, make a new one, or run it manually from a command prompt (it's in c:\program files\ppckitchen.org\buildos\updater)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Apache > HTC Apache Development