PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2008, 01:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond/TP2
Carrier: Sprint

deegimus is keeping up the good workdeegimus is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: OMJ's WM6.1 Custom Touch ROM w/ UC, GPS, REV A!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post

I finally got it fixed, it will be in v2......may be uploaded today....almost done.

I've got the newer version back in v2, testing now....
Version 2, Yay, can't wait!

FYI, I've been using the Opera Mobile 9.5 beta and it is so much better than Mini 8.65 (especially if you take the time to tweak the 'opera:config' file. I don't know if you want to cook it in instead.

Also, have you figured out the RevA slowdown? I'm loving the < 10sec GPS locks with 8-10 Sats, but the internet bogs down in PIE and Opera, so I know it isn't the browser's fault.

Thanks for your effort OMJ.

DJ
Old 05-16-2008, 02:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: sprint

yevgeny is a n00b

Verison 1 is really unstable. Tcpmp freeze up phone all the time.

Last edited by yevgeny; 05-16-2008 at 02:41 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

cayeco is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by normydbison View Post
One problem I got is the call waiting indicator noise. Its a LOUD BUZZING noise, and is really anoying.. Anyone else get that?

I wonder if its the audiopara file or something....

leaked rom, then omjs custom rom.
I had the same thing happen to me, freaked me out while I was driving. Hope there is a fix for this, everything else is working great.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:12 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 10!!!!!
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
Also, how do I get the icon back on the top bar to list and close running programs.
that is task manager....which is disabled, because QuickMenu will close the programs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnymac View Post
I could be way off here. But if you are flashing the SPRINT LEAKED ROM, you don't have to unlock it. The sprint ROM will relock your phone and upgrade the radio.
If you currently are unlocked w/ 2.31, the leaked will NOT relock the phone.....it sounds like it's best to unlock w/ 2.31 then run the leaked rom to upgrade the radio, then flash a custom rom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evandena View Post
OMJ, does your new ROM that is in testing make any improvements to GPS? It still takes me 30 min to get a lock, and I have to do this every time I want to try GPS.
I really havent been testing GPS, it was working great (for some) v2 was just some enhancements & fixs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbm0361 View Post
help itryied this and my phone i stuck on the htc load
more info......did you upgrade your radio? if not, run the leaked rom 1st.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post

FYI, I've been using the Opera Mobile 9.5 beta and it is so much better than Mini 8.65 (especially if you take the time to tweak the 'opera:config' file. I don't know if you want to cook it in instead.

Also, have you figured out the RevA slowdown? I'm loving the < 10sec GPS locks with 8-10 Sats, but the internet bogs down in PIE and Opera, so I know it isn't the browser's fault.

DJ
I havent been testing rev a too....my last speed test was great. I'll test again now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yevgeny View Post
Verison 1 is really unstable. Tcpmp freeze up phone all the time.
well if ya did some readin, you'd see it's mentioned numerous times in numerous threads that a new version of tcpmp is needed.

Last edited by OMJ; 05-16-2008 at 04:37 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-16-2008, 03:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: WM6

evandena is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegimus View Post

DJ
I believe mini is at version 4.1 (beta).

I haven't been tethering, so I can't test speeds in that department, but my skyfire has been running as fast as I would expect.

Tell me... what have you done since loading the ROM to get consistent and fast GPS locks? I have to wait 30 min to get a lock.
Did you simply flash the ROM and start google maps and use GPS? Is it that simple, or am I missing something?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro baby!!
Carrier: Sprint (employee plan = 20 dollars) 3000 anytime minutes and unlimited everything else :-P

blue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuffblue4shizzle knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blue4shizzle Send a message via Yahoo to blue4shizzle

does anyone know where the new version of tcpmp is?

samsung 640A --> motorola Q --> sprint touch --> now doin it big with the touch pro... oh so sexy lol
Old 05-16-2008, 04:17 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue
Carrier: sprint

yevgeny is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old_Man_Jenkins View Post

well f ya did some readin, you'd see it's mentioned numerous times in numerous threads that a new version of tcpmp is needed.

That QuickMenu thing is not working all the time (I din't have that issues with old version of your rom (Pre GPS/RevA)

Also is it possible to add TCPMP like it used to be in older versions.
I installed it separatly but id doesn't work with internet radio anymore.

Thank You for all your work.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:28 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

OMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation levelOMJ can't get a higher reputation level

V2 uploaded.....

added:

GPS Today
newer TCPMP- youtube works!
updated HTC Home for custom weather
fixed HTC Home for 6 tabs (music tab)
PIM Backup
MMS for non-sprint users
1% battery driver
Updated Live Search

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM....Custom.v2.exe

I tried adding the latest java, but it causes Sprint Music not to work.......if you want the newest java & /or dont care about Sprint Music, you can use this version....

ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Vogue/Users/OM...om.v2.java.exe

Last edited by OMJ; 05-16-2008 at 05:51 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (Previously Diamond, Touch, 6800, 6700, Dell Axims, Various iPaqs and Philips Nino)

k000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulark000 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Sorry - it might be a stupid question - do I need t run this first --> RUU_Vogue_4350_PPST_SpeciallNBH_SPRINT_WWE_3.02.65 1.2_Radio_435011_3.37.15 and then OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.Sprint.Custom.v2.exe ?
And should I just skip OMJ.WM6.1.GPS.OEM.Sprint.NEW.exe ?
Old 05-16-2008, 04:42 PM
OMJ
Retired Staff
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoney60 View Post
Also, how do I get the icon back on the top bar to list and close running programs.
I forgot to finish my statement.....if you want to use task manager, 1st goto start\quickmenu\option\view, then uncheck "show battery on taskbar"

next goto the settings\system\task manager\button check "enable the X button" & also check "enable quick menu on today screen"

Here's a fresh speed test!

Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Vogue > HTC Vogue Development