PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
VIP & Master of my Domain
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO Screen Protectors Thread

I am a big supporter of ALWAYS using a screen protector on my high end phones. This thread is for discussion of various brands available for the EVO.

According to the Sprint EVO box, no screen protector is included. I took the screenshot and compared it to a scan of my Touch Pro 2 box (see bottom of this post). The TP2 box lists it while the EVO box doesn't. Unless they messed up on the box, then the EVO will not include a screen protector.

Here are some I have found so far.

Clarivue
Cost
$12.99 for 2 - LINK

Thoughts
I went ahead and ordered a pair for $12.99 shipped (clear). They also have anti-glare and I suspect they will create a privacy version as they show on their website for other phones (not that I would want one). These supposedly have the nice, smooth glass feel.

I found the coupon code Clarivue7 over at the retailmenot coupon site which took 10% bringing it down to $11.61. I figured I would give them a try since they have some good feedback and I get 2 for less than 1 Zagg.

UPDATE: I ordered over the weekend and got my shipping notification by email today (5/17), so that confirms that they are actually available now and shipping.

Clarivue Reviews
Review 1 - PPCGeeks
Review 2 - AndroidForums
Review 3 - Brighthand
Zagg
Cost
Full Body - $24.99 - LINK
Screen Coverage - $14.99 - LINK

Thoughts
If you want a full body shield or like a more rubbery feel, then Zagg is a good choice for you. I personally like the smooth feel which is part of the reason I did not go with Zagg. Their price is also a little steep for my tastes. I have never had a Zagg, but some say it turns yellowish over time

Here are some possible Zagg coupon codes - LINK

Reviews
Review 1 - PPCGeeks

Clearfreak
Cost
$14.99 on their website - LINK
$3.99 on their ebay site (free shipping) - LINK
Thoughts
I am not familiar with this seller, but they were mentioned in this thread, so I added them in.

Ghost Armor (pre-order)
Cost
$14.99 for full body coverage - LINK
$10.00 - Pre-order price for full body coverage (as of 5/18 anyways).

Thoughts
I haven't used it, but I have heard good things from others.

PhantomSkinz (Pre-Order)
Cost
$9.95 Screen Only
$24.95 Full Body
$24.95 Matte Full Body
COUPON: Use coupon code SPRING25 for 25% off your order. Just tried it and it took.

PhantomSkinz EVO 4G LINK

Personal Thoughts (from GeneralPatton at androidforums)
Originally I was going to get the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD, however, I heard from friends that it has a rough texture, so moving your finger around your screen may not feel 'right' .. with that being said, I decided to Pre-Order the "screen only" $9.95 PhantomSkinz. Right now, my status is "Held for Shipping" and the S/H Cost was free, so my total was indeed, $9.95
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Pro Box (left) vs EVO box (right). Note that no screen protector is listed on the EVO box like it is on the TP2.

Last edited by stroths; 05-19-2010 at 01:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:23 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

Zagg all the way baby

CW

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

are there any screen protectors that work for capacitive screens that don't have that tacky feel? i hate feeling like i'm running my finger over a sticky candy wrapper. i removed a bodyguardz protector in favor of the stock sprint protector on my tp2 for this reason.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

rigo is keeping up the good workrigo is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarChild View Post
Zagg all the way baby

CW
Old 05-16-2010, 12:44 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim
Re: Re: EVO Screen Protectors Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
are there any screen protectors that work for capacitive screens that don't have that tacky feel? i hate feeling like i'm running my finger over a sticky candy wrapper. i removed a bodyguardz protector in favor of the stock sprint protector on my tp2 for this reason.
I found the seido screen protectors had the best feel on the nexus one by far. I tried zagg, seido, and body guardz.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk
Google is the next skynet
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Treo Pro

irev210 is a n00b

why not just use the one it comes with?
Old 05-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hero

DarkManX4lf is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by irev210 View Post
How do you know it comes with one?
Old 05-16-2010, 01:10 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipidfats View Post
Yea but the stock ones dont protect your phone from hard scratched I have full body Zagg on my TP2 and I cant even tell you how many times it's saved my ss.

CW
Old 05-16-2010, 01:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

shellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshellguy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to shellguy Send a message via MSN to shellguy Send a message via Yahoo to shellguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by irev210 View Post
Because it doesn't come with one, there is a screen shot of the box and it does not list that it has one in it. My TP2 didn't come with one either.

Shell
Old 05-16-2010, 01:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2/Hero/Evo4G

Stealth86 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stroths View Post
They also have anti-glare and I suspect they will create a privacy version as they show on their website for other phones (not that I would want one). These supposedly have the nice, smooth glass feel.
Regular / Anti-Glare
http://www.clarivue.com/htc-evo-4g-s...protector.html

Privacy
http://www.clarivue.com/htc-evo-4g-p...protector.html

Mirror
http://www.clarivue.com/htc-mirror-s...protector.html

My only concerns are:

Are they shipping out ASAP, So I'll have it ready when I pick up my phone on June 4th?

Website lists available now for all but the Mirror Finish... Anyone use a mirror protecter from them? last one i used made a rainbow effect when viewing...

Are they cut correctly for the EVO screen... front camera cut out or does it lay over?

This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Evo 4G > HTC Evo 4G Accessories