View Single Post
Old 05-16-2010, 11:04 AM
stroths
VIP & Master of my Domain

stroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIPstroths is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
EVO Screen Protectors Thread

I am a big supporter of ALWAYS using a screen protector on my high end phones. This thread is for discussion of various brands available for the EVO.

According to the Sprint EVO box, no screen protector is included. I took the screenshot and compared it to a scan of my Touch Pro 2 box (see bottom of this post). The TP2 box lists it while the EVO box doesn't. Unless they messed up on the box, then the EVO will not include a screen protector.

Here are some I have found so far.

Clarivue
Cost
$12.99 for 2 - LINK

Thoughts
I went ahead and ordered a pair for $12.99 shipped (clear). They also have anti-glare and I suspect they will create a privacy version as they show on their website for other phones (not that I would want one). These supposedly have the nice, smooth glass feel.

I found the coupon code Clarivue7 over at the retailmenot coupon site which took 10% bringing it down to $11.61. I figured I would give them a try since they have some good feedback and I get 2 for less than 1 Zagg.

UPDATE: I ordered over the weekend and got my shipping notification by email today (5/17), so that confirms that they are actually available now and shipping.

Clarivue Reviews
Review 1 - PPCGeeks
Review 2 - AndroidForums
Review 3 - Brighthand
Zagg
Cost
Full Body - $24.99 - LINK
Screen Coverage - $14.99 - LINK

Thoughts
If you want a full body shield or like a more rubbery feel, then Zagg is a good choice for you. I personally like the smooth feel which is part of the reason I did not go with Zagg. Their price is also a little steep for my tastes. I have never had a Zagg, but some say it turns yellowish over time

Here are some possible Zagg coupon codes - LINK

Reviews
Review 1 - PPCGeeks

Clearfreak
Cost
$14.99 on their website - LINK
$3.99 on their ebay site (free shipping) - LINK
Thoughts
I am not familiar with this seller, but they were mentioned in this thread, so I added them in.

Ghost Armor (pre-order)
Cost
$14.99 for full body coverage - LINK
$10.00 - Pre-order price for full body coverage (as of 5/18 anyways).

Thoughts
I haven't used it, but I have heard good things from others.

PhantomSkinz (Pre-Order)
Cost
$9.95 Screen Only
$24.95 Full Body
$24.95 Matte Full Body
COUPON: Use coupon code SPRING25 for 25% off your order. Just tried it and it took.

PhantomSkinz EVO 4G LINK

Personal Thoughts (from GeneralPatton at androidforums)
Originally I was going to get the ZAGG InvisibleSHIELD, however, I heard from friends that it has a rough texture, so moving your finger around your screen may not feel 'right' .. with that being said, I decided to Pre-Order the "screen only" $9.95 PhantomSkinz. Right now, my status is "Held for Shipping" and the S/H Cost was free, so my total was indeed, $9.95
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Touch Pro Box (left) vs EVO box (right). Note that no screen protector is listed on the EVO box like it is on the TP2.

Last edited by stroths; 05-19-2010 at 01:14 PM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.