PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 10:27 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
SOD on official Sprint 6.5 ROM

I've seen the SOD mentioned a lot, and after a lot of searching, I haven't found anything on the forum to solve it except for if you have LockDevice 1.6 installed, which I don't. Not only that, this seems to be a different SOD problem than the ones I've seen reported. This is happening even on the official Sprint 6.5 ROM.

I've actually had this problem happen in the past (on MightyRoms), but it's never been this bad or frequent. What's happening is when I try to wake up my phone sometimes, it will not turn on. When I reset, Manila says it's loading, but it never shows up. If the phone goes to sleep again, SOD. The ONLY thing I've found that makes it work again is a hard reset, and I'm getting really f'ing pissed off that I'm doing those so often lately. If after booting, I disable HTC Sense, then reboot the phone, everything is fine and no SOD. But as soon as I enable it again, SOD.

If I open something, like the Start menu for instance, then exit it, the Start menu icons will be frozen onto the Today screen. They will not be clickable. The Today screen literally inherits the graphical properties of the last window open.

This shit is so out of control, and I'm starting to get furious.

Does anyone have this same problem? Is there a fix? Here is all I do before this happens:

- Restore contacts & appointments with PIM Backup
- Setup Yahoo and Gmail accounts
- Install Bing (old version)
- Install Google Maps
- Install Opera Mini 5
Old 03-23-2010, 11:43 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: SOD on official Sprint 6.5 ROM

Is anyone even experiencing the same issue at least, or am I alone?
Old 03-23-2010, 12:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

ok, im gonna walk you through a thorough flashdance, follow my steps. clearly you have cached memory written into the nand which cant be overwritten... if it were on your pc the file name(s) would start like this $$%filexx.tm ... the problem is we dont have direct access to these files...ok here we goturn your phone on in bootloader mode (vol down and pwr)plug in usbopen the RUU from the sprint 6.5 rombegin to flash. when the flash gets to like 3% take the battery out, but leave the usb plugged in. the usb will keep it powered until the flash ends.when it ends unplug your phone and leave it off for about 5 seconds randomly pressing the power button.insert batter with phone UNPLUGGED to prevent it from powering up.in this order: Send Key , End Key, and power button, simultaneously, if your phone vibrates its turning on, TAKE THE BATTERY OUT BEFORE THE SPLASH SCREEN SHOWS. we do not want the phone to turn on after the flash... it should go straight to hard reset mode. once there pree vol up to let it do it. not done yetafter the hard reset let it boot and finish everything. then remove sd card and sim card.now open the phone dialer and type ##786# (RTN).Click menu, then reset. THIS WILL DELETE EVERY QPST SETTING, AND RESTORE EVEN YOUR STOCK PRI(not prL). after it finishes it will auto config your device for sprint service, and i guarantee your problem is gone. i was detailed for a reason, do it all as i said. also NO HARD RESET AFTER ##786. let it do its FULL customization when it restarts.also you should be using you sim card for your contacts, not PIM, like that every time you flash you already have them... no need to restore which can cause bugs!
Your welcome
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

all I can say is that it seems that sense is involved in about 95% of the sod's. this phones does not have the memory for sense to run optimally.
I would disable sense and go with mobile shell.

p.s. I have never experienced the SOB, but I have used mobile shell with no sense disabled (or not installed at all) since I've had this phone.

other thing you can do is clear out excess texts and emails. those with sense seem to be the biggest problem.

Old 03-23-2010, 12:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Rooted Stock ROM

sanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsanjsrik is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Okay, basic question of the day, "What is an SOD?" Just so the rest of us non-TLA (three-letter-acronym types) can be on the same page.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:30 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

screen won't respond (black), but when you press soft keys, the soft keys (windows, phone talk, end, back) light up so you know phone is not off. requires reset button press or battery pull to turn back on.
usually phone will come out of this on its own, but might take several minutes.
Old 03-23-2010, 12:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

MinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good workMinLo is keeping up the good work

Just out of curiosity, did you change the setting of how many seconds your screen dims or turns off?

For some reason if I mess with those settings SOD happens....
I didnt mess with then with a recent flash and havnt experienced one...
Old 03-23-2010, 01:25 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
ok, im gonna walk you through a thorough flashdance, follow my steps. clearly you have cached memory written into the nand which cant be overwritten... if it were on your pc the file name(s) would start like this $$%filexx.tm ... the problem is we dont have direct access to these files...ok here we goturn your phone on in bootloader mode (vol down and pwr)plug in usbopen the RUU from the sprint 6.5 rombegin to flash. when the flash gets to like 3% take the battery out, but leave the usb plugged in. the usb will keep it powered until the flash ends.when it ends unplug your phone and leave it off for about 5 seconds randomly pressing the power button.insert batter with phone UNPLUGGED to prevent it from powering up.in this order: Send Key , End Key, and power button, simultaneously, if your phone vibrates its turning on, TAKE THE BATTERY OUT BEFORE THE SPLASH SCREEN SHOWS. we do not want the phone to turn on after the flash... it should go straight to hard reset mode. once there pree vol up to let it do it. not done yetafter the hard reset let it boot and finish everything. then remove sd card and sim card.now open the phone dialer and type ##786# (RTN).Click menu, then reset. THIS WILL DELETE EVERY QPST SETTING, AND RESTORE EVEN YOUR STOCK PRI(not prL). after it finishes it will auto config your device for sprint service, and i guarantee your problem is gone. i was detailed for a reason, do it all as i said. also NO HARD RESET AFTER ##786. let it do its FULL customization when it restarts.also you should be using you sim card for your contacts, not PIM, like that every time you flash you already have them... no need to restore which can cause bugs!
Thank you for writing up this detailed walkthrough, but I'm having trouble understanding what any of this has to do with Manila, which seems to be ultimately tied to this issue.
Old 03-24-2010, 01:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

sigh...
stop listening to the mindless users on this site...
here anyone can be smart...
do what i said
Old 03-25-2010, 10:06 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

csawyerkc is a n00b

Tilde88,

I was following your instructions and got to the point where you do the reset after putting in##786# and it is asking me for an unlock code. I tried the code I had on the slide to unlock but that didn't work. Any ideas? Thanks for the instructions by the way.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2