PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Dec-04-2009] VoiceCommand PATCHED to 1.6.28008 (Cab Inside)

* If running a ROM 6.5.x with No Voice Command

--- Install 1.6.21040.CAB (do not test or you'll start it up)
--- Immediately Install 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_5_X.CAB

* If running a ROM 6.5.x with Voice Command (Cooked or Installed)

--- Stop VC in Personal Settings
--- Install 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_5_X.CAB

* If running a ROM 6.1 with No Voice Command

--- Install 1.6.21040.CAB (do not test or you'll start it up)
--- Immediately Install 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_1.CAB

* If running a ROM 6.1 with Voice Command (Cooked or Installed)

--- Stop VC in Personal Settings
--- Install 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_1.CAB

* For all installs

--- Soft Reset after above is done.
--- Make your first VC Call on the HandSet (it may be sluggish first time).
--- After that works try blue tooth headset.

* If one of the methods above fails for 6.1 ROMs you can try this CAB instead which replaces minimal number of files.

--- Install 1.6.Install 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_1.CAB

The 1.6.28008_Patcher_For_6_1.CAB has NO .CPL File in it (that's the only difference from the 6_5_X CAB).

Both "Patcher" CABs is just copying ALL the files (it does not touch registry or anything).
Voice Command MUST BE OFF when you install it or uninstall it.

When you first install any Voice Command for the first time it is NOT Active. Even after reboot or clicking blue tooth headset. The first time you hold the Send Key down activates it. Once activated you must go into Personal Settings to shut it off. Personal settings may not show up until you Soft Reset.

I also zipped all the binaries from kitchen into a ZIP.

I could not build a true single CAB because self register was failing on some DLL's. But replacing the DLL's works fine.

I named the Patcher CABs seperate internally so they can be installed and uninstalled independently of Voice Command. But again Voice Command must be off when installing or uninstalling one the "Patcher" CABs. If your Voice Command is Cooked in it should uninstall (untested by me). If your Voice Command was installed and you uninstall the a "Patcher" you will have to also uninstall you base install (you may have to ignore errors, reboot etc., I've done this a bunch of times, no harm done).

I can't promise what will work and not work. Backup/Sync before experimenting.

I've installed, uninstalled, copied, patched, unpatched, deleted a bunch of times and I'm still on the same flash with no harm done.

Regarding Hang Up over Blue Tooth. It is not immediate every time. Older versions of VC would never hangup for me.

See other threads regarding Phone Skin and Data Shutdown Timeout. I have not applied these other patches and VC is working 95% normal. Just slow to disconnect over headset sometimes (much better). Initiating over headset is immediate and I don't have to wait to speak.

Note: For 6.1 Users. These patchers are much more complete. The CPL was removed but it may be other new files are also incompatible. Post your results either way. See also the "BareBones" cab.

Note: I've only tested on 6.5.1 with uncooked Voice Command. But I believe what I describe above will work on other confiurations but very likely not all.

Thanks to Calkulin's Kitchen for these Binaries

What works and what does not (tested on 6.5.3 ROM):

-- Announce Incoming Calls over Speaker: Yes
-- Announce Incoming Calls over BlueTooth: No
-- Hang up over Bluetooth: Improved
-- Lag issuing Voice Command: None
-- Play Music: Yes

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-09-2009 at 09:33 PM.
This post has been thanked 13 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 11:16 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Re: VoiceCommand PATCHED to 1.6.28002 (Cab Inside)

Reserved

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-04-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 12:08 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Reserved

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-04-2009 at 01:20 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

zachspda is just getting started

Does Play anything work. I have never got it to work since 6.5 has been out lol. Worked fine with 6.1 not quite sure what happened
Old 12-04-2009, 01:19 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zachspda View Post
Does Play anything work. I have never got it to work since 6.5 has been out lol. Worked fine with 6.1 not quite sure what happened
I just tried it and it seems to work. I said "Play Music" and it asked what I wanted, including "anything", so I said "Anything" and it played the Outlook Mail Arrived Jingle. I have no music

I should also mention I don't know how well this will work on a ROM with Voice Command Cooked in. It's mostly for folks that are using the old CAB for some the ROMs. But it may work on ROMs with Voice Command cooked in. If it won't install try just copying the 4 files in the ZIP file (in the PATCH folder, you'll see what I mean when you open zip).

Last edited by mswlogo; 12-04-2009 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 01:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint 4G Network

Deimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on repDeimoss is halfway to VIP status based on rep

please read this if you get a chance

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78089

-"If you're not sure where to post something, then post it in the device's forum and a staff member can always move it. "

Old 12-04-2009, 01:42 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deimoss View Post
please read this if you get a chance

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=78089

I was gonna put in Energy ROM thread but thought it might be useful for other ROMs.

If mods want to move to the non upgrades area that's fine with me but this pertains mostly to folks using custom ROMs.
Old 12-04-2009, 02:51 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2/8525 Unlocked Hermes
Carrier: Sprint/T-Mobile

mikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmikee4fun is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via ICQ to mikee4fun Send a message via AIM to mikee4fun Send a message via MSN to mikee4fun Send a message via Yahoo to mikee4fun Send a message via Skype™ to mikee4fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Ok after fooling around with a bunch of ROMs I learned that Calkulin's Kitchen ROM had the best VoiceCommand, where hang up over Bluetooth worked perfectly. But I decided to go with Energy 28008 ROM for now. But Energy ROM's don't inlcude any VoiceCommand (sad but true). So folks on Energy ROM's have been using a very old Voice Command CAB file MSVC 1.6.21040.CAB. So this is my attempt to resolve this. It has only been tested on Energy 28008 ROM.

I extracted almost all the files from Calkulins ROM for Voice command and Stuffed them into a ZIP file. I skipped GIFs, and Sample Music that is in the VoiceCommand CAB.

I then "Patched" a 21040 Voice Command Cab file with only 4 of the files (the core EXE, DLL's and BlueTooth file). It seems to be working great. These are the files I replaced in the CAB. I did not test all features only the ones I care about (Calling and Contacts).

vcbthag.dll
voicecmd.exe
VoiceCmdRes_PPC.dll
VoiceCommand_PPC.cpl

I've uploaded 3 files. The CAB I patched, the ZIP file with all VoiceCommand files from Calkulin's ROM and the orginal 21040 CAB I started with.

If someone finds a problem with other voice command features you can try patching more files on your own ROM by just copying them over (from the zip) or by patching the CAB files further. If you do want to experiment by just copying files over, make sure you shutdown VoiceCommand. To start over just uninstall Voice Command and reinstall.

If a chef wants to use this, I would advise you ask Calkulin if there is a cleaner way to lift VoiceCommand from his kitchen and make a real CAB from it or how ever you share kitchen components.

I named the file purposely funky so as not to get confused with a real 28002 VoiceCommand CAB should one come along some day. If you partially patch it further use another funky name because this is a hack and some day we hopefully will get a real cab without a funky name.

Using the Patched CAB is completely reversable by just uninstalling it.

If someone finds another file that should be critically patched in the patch cab I can recab it. PM me.

I should also mention I don't know how well this will work on a ROM with Voice Command Cooked in. It's mostly for folks that are using the old MSVC CAB for some of the ROMs. But it may work on ROMs with Voice Command cooked in. If it won't install try just copying the 4 files in the ZIP file into \windows with VoiceCommand shutdown (they are in the PATCH folder, you'll see what I mean when you open zip).
The cpl may be dependent for on 6.5.x roms. If you try to use the newer cpl with the 21882 sys it will not show up. However, you can use the old cpl and all the other newer files and it works. It just reports in the cpl that it is v1.6.21859, even though, we all now the files are newer, just need to hex the older cpl. =P

Below is the older cpl hexed to show the newer v 1.6.28002
Attached Files
File Type: zip VoiceCommand_PPC.zip (25.0 KB, 194 views) Click for barcode!
If I helped you, please hit the button.

Last edited by mikee4fun; 12-04-2009 at 03:12 AM.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:52 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

Great work. I'll make another cab today.
Did it fix lag and hang up issues?
Old 12-04-2009, 10:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

installed one with parches on a custom 6.5 rom but cannot find its shotcut for options. Isn't it usually in settings/personal? I don't see a voice command icon there at all.

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609

Last edited by ACHlLLES; 12-04-2009 at 10:59 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2