PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2010, 05:05 PM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)
Carrier: Sprint

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Linux/Android on CDMA Touch Pro (RAPH800)

Good thing Makk chimed in, I was going to keep flailing there. I would assume that something called root explorer has root access, but go figure.

Yea, development is much, MUCH easier on a linux box. Unless you're developing in like dot net or something stupid like that :P
Old 04-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint Sero

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

lol root explorer is supposed to be used when you have root access. it's like astoexplorer but much better. it was suggested to use this to replace some apks i was playing with.

booting android to run the staysafe apk now to get my ext2 so i can play. i'm running out of breat with all these letters, apns, apks, ext's, jeez lol

if i find anything useful i'll let you guys know.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

hamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhamagc is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

alright, makk, irght as always

converted to an ext2 system, and that allowed me to get the r/w funtion in root expolrer. now i can make my changes to see if it does anything cool for us.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

makk, where are the apn settings held? i have edited and replaced both apns-config.xml files (system/etc & /etc) and each time when i try to use 120 for the mnc value, it is still forcing a 995 value.

is there somewhere else that you know of that forces this?

nvrmnd, it appears the /etc apns-config.xml did not replace. trying it again.

Last edited by hamagc; 04-07-2010 at 05:56 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 06:07 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ok so it appears that the apns-config is being pulled from the /etc directory and not the /system/etc directory.

i can replace the one in the /etc directory but it seems to revert back once i reboot.

i can confirm the /system/etc/apns-config.xml files is the correct one that i replaced.

when i try to add a new apn, it is still making me use 995!!! grr!
Old 04-07-2010, 06:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

ok doesn't look like i can do this. tossing the idea for now lol.
Old 04-07-2010, 11:04 PM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo
Threadstarter

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

well, you can mount the rootfs.img (or possibly remount the root partition rw from android -- not sure if that's possible), and change the apns-conf.xml in /init.etc/.

Once it's read from the conf file, though, the APN information is stored in /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db. The command to add the standard Android APN (now renamed CDMA Generic) is:

sqlite3 /data/data/com.android.providers.telephony/databases/telephony.db "INSERT INTO carriers VALUES(NULL, 'Android' , '310995' , '310' , '995' , 'internet' , '*' , '*' , '*' , NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, 'null' , -1, 'default' , 1);"

You can play with sql commands to add other APN info.

...I'm not really sure what it'll accomplish, though. Normal Android CDMA phones don't even have APN settings, so it's all just a bunch of weird hacks, I think.
Old 04-08-2010, 10:07 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Alltel

wentzeric is a n00b

I've browsed the last 10 pages and it does not seem like anyone is having the same problem I have.

when the phone is asleep in Android the charging light (ring) keeps illuminating. I've turned my backlight settings off in WM and have scanned around to try and keep this from happening in WM but have had no luck.

ANY HELP?
Old 04-08-2010, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (CDMA)
Carrier: US Cellular

chrialex is becoming a great contributor

The light is supposed to be on, it lets you know that the phone is sleeping. Turning it off will not save much battery. Android has some problems at times about not waking up, usually if the light is still going, the phone is fine.
Old 04-08-2010, 11:45 AM
Testing Extraordinaire
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (RHOD400)

arrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the communityarrrghhh is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wentzeric View Post
I've browsed the last 10 pages and it does not seem like anyone is having the same problem I have.

when the phone is asleep in Android the charging light (ring) keeps illuminating. I've turned my backlight settings off in WM and have scanned around to try and keep this from happening in WM but have had no luck.

ANY HELP?
Pretty much what chrialex said. It's for debugging. You can turn it off, there's an APK called "LED Effects" I believe. That will allow you to change that breathing setting when it's sleeping.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Tags
android, donut, eclair, linux