PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible relief for the d-pad and bt issues w/2.16 ROM

This is very early in trial stages, but 8notime "touched" the survace of this fix before jumping ship to the new Touch. He found that the bt and d-pad performance issues were greatly reduced by running the SBSH PhoneWeaver application. I downloaded the trial and, behold! Not one single freeze or d-pad lock-up and my bluetooth has been turned on the whole time. I have two routes that I can drive to work. One takes me through a Verizon and an Alltel exclusively branded coverage areas and the other takes me through two GSM branded areas without EVDO (obviously). I have driven both ways since yesterday and, still, no freezes or bt problems or d-pad lock-ups.

All the glory for this find should go to 8notime. There are a couple of us who are reporting on the success. I am not, by any means, endorsing this. Anybody interested might just want to give it a try, though. I don't mess with any of the settings. Just install it an leave it in the "Day" profile with bt turned on from the today plugin. Good luck!

matt
Old 11-07-2007, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint - SERO

Alpine- is keeping up the good workAlpine- is keeping up the good work
Hopefully someone can figure out what it is that SBSH PhoneWeaver "seems" to be doing in order to remedy this. I know I personally dont want to run PhoneWeaver...

It could give some valuable clues though. You should post this in SBSH's forums as well and see if there is any feedback.
Old 11-07-2007, 11:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Threadstarter

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
I know what you mean. I was nervous about running another app as unstable as this device is, but I figured it really wasn't doing a whole lot, memory wise, and was not not very invasive in general. So I did a backup and took the dive. Glad I did, so far. I'll know a lot more, tomorrow, because I'll be putting on a lot of miles using bt for everything (phone, music, gps). It'll be a good shake down cruise.

matt
Old 11-08-2007, 12:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
After seeing 8's post, I've been using "togglebth" and have not opened comm manager and my D-pad has been working perfectly (not the case when using comm manager.)
Old 11-08-2007, 12:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
most likely its keepting the phone "alive" and not going down. I tested for a whole day, walking around playing mp3's, never a disconnect. wasnt until i quit listening to music that i had issue.

Phone should be able to go into sleep modes w/o the bluetooth munking up. It can NOT do so.

The preliminary on the Touch is that the bt works. The preliminary on the 2.16 patch was.. OH GREAT ITS ALL FIXED. 2-3 days later the complaining began. We shall see what the outcomes are there.
Old 11-08-2007, 12:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

holo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuffholo knows their stuff
I always install this app and I had it on 2.16 and still had all the issues with lockups and BT shutting off...
Old 11-08-2007, 01:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Sprint) w/ Fresh 1.1 Rom

sprintdude07 is keeping up the good worksprintdude07 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to sprintdude07
lockups are due to the radio.. im convinced to that after i downgraded the radio as I was restarting my phone almost 5-10 times a day.... now the bt issue is a whole another issue in itself.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:06 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
I reflashed the 2.16 ROM to check this out. I haven't loaded a third-party ap to switch BT on and off though. I've been turning BT on and off through the old-fashioned "settings" route, avoiding the Comm Manager method. So far everything seems to be working flawlessly. That's after only about six hours of testing, however.

Could the BT on/off toggle in Comm Manager be causing many of the 2.16 ROM's problems somehow? Weird. Previously when I tried the 2.16 ROM, and as soon as I started using BT, the problems began, including d-pad lockup. D-pad is working perfectly this time, so far.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:49 AM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza
LOL i haven't used comm manager one time since i got my phone ( i remapped the button to something else ) and i got the d-pad issue moments after installing the 2.16 rom.

Trust me, it has absolutely nothing to do with comm manager at all.
Old 11-08-2007, 05:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
You're right!

I just logged on to report that my d-pad locked up. So fuggetaboutit. ... THIS IS NOT WORKING ON MY MOGUL AFTER ALL ... Now am flashing to, oh let's see ... something in an Alltel ROM perhaps. Thursdays are good days for an Alltell ROM on the Sprint Mogul.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan