View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 10:33 PM
livejazz
PPCGeeks Regular

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Possible relief for the d-pad and bt issues w/2.16 ROM

This is very early in trial stages, but 8notime "touched" the survace of this fix before jumping ship to the new Touch. He found that the bt and d-pad performance issues were greatly reduced by running the SBSH PhoneWeaver application. I downloaded the trial and, behold! Not one single freeze or d-pad lock-up and my bluetooth has been turned on the whole time. I have two routes that I can drive to work. One takes me through a Verizon and an Alltel exclusively branded coverage areas and the other takes me through two GSM branded areas without EVDO (obviously). I have driven both ways since yesterday and, still, no freezes or bt problems or d-pad lock-ups.

All the glory for this find should go to 8notime. There are a couple of us who are reporting on the success. I am not, by any means, endorsing this. Anybody interested might just want to give it a try, though. I don't mess with any of the settings. Just install it an leave it in the "Day" profile with bt turned on from the today plugin. Good luck!

matt