PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm thinking combining efforts here is probably a good path. those who are using my rom, and this solution please be sure to keep us up to date as well.

Last edited by sfaure03; 11-16-2007 at 11:36 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 02:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
One week later, my Mogul is still working fine running 2.16 ROM using Effcomm instead of Comm Manager. Alarms, d-pad, Bluetooth, everything working properly with this solution. Still have occasional low-memory sluggishness, but if I just remember to soft-reset it at night when putting it on cradle, that seems to usually take care of free RAM through the next day. And the occasional Oxios bitch-slap helps a lot and is no real inconvenience at all.

Seriously, this really seems to have "cured" my Mogul. I was unable to use the 2.16 ROM until I tried this. Just pretend the Comm Manager doesn't exist.

Your results may vary, but life is looking pretty rosy in this little corner of Moguldom.

Last edited by veblen64; 11-19-2007 at 03:01 AM.
Old 11-19-2007, 01:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Ok. I think I have the down and dirty. I traveled 10 hours over the weekend through all kinds of roaming, no signal, negotiated towers, etc (went to watch FSU beat Maryland - GO NOLES! - ). What I found with all my playing around is that the thing that makes the most difference is keeping the phone on the Sprint network and with a solid signal. This testing was extremely extensive and I am quite sure that this is the biggest factor. I used EFFComm most of the time and still had challenges. I did, however, seem to have more difficulty when I used Comm Manager. I was using bluetooth for tethering, GPS, and audio using a Plantronics headset. I, really, ran the thing through the ringer and I think the bottom line is to tread water until the new ROM comes out.

matt
Old 11-30-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
Update:

I took my Mogul on a long trip out of town, and was in and out of Spring coverage, and finally did experience a lot of problems with system lockups and d-pad lockups and Bluetooth funkiness.

When I stay in town, the Mogul is pretty reliable with this configuration, but I need more than that from a PPC.
Old 11-30-2007, 06:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic, Evo, TP2
Carrier: Sprint

TheMostToys is keeping up the good workTheMostToys is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by veblen64 View Post
Update:

I took my Mogul on a long trip out of town, and was in and out of Spring coverage, and finally did experience a lot of problems with system lockups and d-pad lockups and Bluetooth funkiness.

When I stay in town, the Mogul is pretty reliable with this configuration, but I need more than that from a PPC.
The system lockups were more than likely being caused by radio version 1.47. Flash to radio version 1.40 (you can leave 2.16 ROM on or go to 2.17) and the system lockups (when moving through weak coverage areas) will be gone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan