PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 11:58 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
cool as soon as im done with classes i will be flashing back to the 2.16 ROM and try this... my touch is already on the way but until then if this is true i just might stick with the mogul after all
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP
question is where is the 2.16 sprint rom?
Old 11-09-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
I have been using effcomm since 2.08 like I stated previously. I have went roaming and back, very few lockups(like once a week and that happened in 2.08 & 2.09). I was using the Sprint 2.16 official release, but now I am testing/using the 2.16 + Touch BT rom(thanks sfaure03). Either way it works great, but the sound quality on my end has gotten better(not to mention louder) with the Touch BT added. Callers say it sounds the same as the 2.16. However, connectivity with my BT radio & BT headset "seem" to pair faster, but that could just be me being overly optimistic. So far, it seems like the best combo out there...sfaure03's 2.16 + Touch BT & effcomm prog.

Give it a shot...at least the effcomm...I mean...hurry up...you only have til "early 08" to see if this works.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work
Where can I find sfaure03's 2.16 + Touch BT, can you post a link where I can download sfaure03's 2.16 + Touch BT
Old 11-09-2007, 02:04 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Is effComm just a today screen plugin or is it a program itself? If its just a plugin, then is it required for the plugin to be active on the today screen (i.e. should be visible on the today screen)?? Because I don't like the looks of the plugin but if I can just have it installed but not visible on thte today screen, then that sounds something worth trying (for me).
Old 11-09-2007, 02:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
i would check the ppcgeeks ftp site. Check his user folder.

I have installed the prog, but I display it on my today screen. I dunno if it works with it disabled on the today screen.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Threadstarter

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Just wanted to check in, again. I have been driving, so not logged on. I used my GPS and bt headset all the while I was on the road. Also, went to roam only, as well as auto and so far no lockups or reduced bt capabilities. I am using the original 2.16 official Sprint ROM without any change to the radio. Just the way it came. My device is acting perfectly. What a cool and easy fix! You wouldn't beleive how many third party programs I am running. Not a junky, rather just starting adding them in Sep 05 with my 6700 and can't do without them. Regardless, this Mogul is running like a top.

matt

matt
Old 11-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC 6700 & Mogul & iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

rvashi is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to rvashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by livejazz View Post
Just wanted to check in, again. I have been driving, so not logged on. I used my GPS and bt headset all the while I was on the road. Also, went to roam only, as well as auto and so far no lockups or reduced bt capabilities. I am using the original 2.16 official Sprint ROM without any change to the radio. Just the way it came. My device is acting perfectly. What a cool and easy fix! You wouldn't beleive how many third party programs I am running. Not a junky, rather just starting adding them in Sep 05 with my 6700 and can't do without them. Regardless, this Mogul is running like a top.

matt

matt
Can you try using this method with the plugin disabled on the Today Screen (i.e. so its not visible)? And report the results back?
Old 11-09-2007, 05:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Threadstarter

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvashi View Post
Can you try using this method with the plugin disabled on the Today Screen (i.e. so its not visible)? And report the results back?
Sure, No problem. I won't get a good test until Monday, however. I suggest installing it, yourself. It is a very benign program and very little memory space.

matt
Old 11-09-2007, 05:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4
Carrier: AT&T

veblen64 is a n00b
OK, you guys talked me into trying it again, this time with the third-party switcher.

I re-flashed 2.16 and loaded Effcomm. So far, so good. I'll say one thing right off the bat: Effcomm is a nice little app, regardless of whether it totally solves this problem.

I do not like the Comm Manager anyway. Every time I look at it, I have to scratch my head -- "OK, looks like the flight mode off indicator is not unlit, so does that mean the flight mode "not on" state is not off? So, what does that mean?" Maybe it's just me.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan