PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2007, 08:35 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

Scooter_in_WI is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question Hold on..

Don't get too hasty. I never thought anything about it until reading this thread...

I was one of the first to upgrade to 2.16 as soon as it came out (fearless?) and I was really confused about all the d-pad and bluetooth issues. Didn't see them hardly at all.. Let me explain "hardly".

Day one, I purchased spb Phone Suite. It's a great program that has worked flawlessly for me. Since I have this program, there is no reason to use the comm manager. I do everything from the home screen plugin. This isn't to say that phone suite totally eliminated the problem with the bluetooth and dpad. Here is what happens:

1.) Bluetooth on with headset (H700) working. All is well.
2.) Phone times out with bt still on and headset attached.
3.) Wake phone up and dpad kinda works but is slow or unresponsive. BT light is still blinking.
4.) I click the wireless manager button on the phone suite program. This is where you can turn on/off bt, wifi, etc.
5.) The button is unresponsive for a second but then, it pops up correctly and the dpad starts working again.

I don't get it either but it sounds to me like this is a true software issue. I'll keep my ROM and phone suite for now since it "almost" works the way the 6800 was intended. I hope this provides a little insight to the gurus who are diligently trying to fix the mess that HTC and Sprint made. Thanks to all of you!!
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
My own little odd discovery is that while using ONLY Bluetooth all day/all week it never randomly shuts itself off... However, as soon as I fire up the wifi, Bluetooth is a goner. It seems to shut itself off - and its repeatable. I started using the WIFI program that was created to turn the Mogul into a WIFI access point and my Bluetooth just won't stay on. As soon as I shut off the WIFI radio with the switch, I can leave Bluetooth on all day without issue.

Not that it really matters anyway, as soon as I turn on the WIFI radio my headset will no longer connect to the phone, which kind of ruined the whole Mogul as WIFI hotspot novelty for me.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:17 AM
Regular 'Geeker

sfaure03 is a n00b
wifi eats the cpu of that phone.. note that it "warms" considerably when using it. Thats the cpu in there working away. bluetooth, while not as cpu intensive for the phone is VERY time critical in its operation. This will impact the performance.

I expect once we get as good a balance with drivers and sw on the 6800 that was achieved from the 6700, these tradeoffs wont impact us so deeply, but right now its where we are.
Old 11-08-2007, 10:52 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: 6800
Carrier: Alltel

bgdv72 is a n00b
Alltel NOT the answer!

I just wanted to chime in here after reading so many of the problems that many seem to think are just Sprint related. I have the Alltel 6800. I kept my first one nearly a month hoping the BT problems would get worked out before taking it back last Friday for a replacement. I was hoping that maybe, just maybe, I'd gotten a bad one since I know a couple of folks who have not had any issues with theirs.

Well, the first one they gave me didn't make it 3 hours. I took it back because it was incredibly SLOW for everything and the BT wouldn't even turn on at all. The rep tried telling me it was running fine. While we both were waiting for tech support on the phone, (and I use the term "tech support" very loosely here . . . . ) she kept telling me that she couldn't see any problem. She got on the phone and told support it was running fine! Amazing. When asked if there were any known issues concerning the BT on the 6800 the tech told her there were none that they were aware of!!

Anyway, while waiting, we booted up another new one and once it was setup she instantly told tech support to "never mind!" It was quite obvious that the one I had was experiencing problems when compared to the speed of the other new one we'd just fired up.

But, now having had this unit for nearly a week I'm still experiencing the BT problems. Neither of my 6800's have had a d-pad problem but the BT stack is junk on this $600 phone. BT simply up and turns itself off several times a day. It also has just up and done so in the middle of several conversations. When it turns off it can sometimes be a real headache to ever get it back on and paired up with the headset again as well.

Also, I own multiple BT headsets including the Moto H700, Moto HT820, and Jabra BT125. The problem definitely doesn't appear to be with the headsets themselves. And I've tried every possible tip or trick I've found on these forums as well to no avail.

Sorry my first post was so long. I just had to chime in and be sure everyone knew it's not just a Sprint problem. BT is a pos on this device. Other than that it's easily the best pda/ppc/phone device I've had. (Been through all the Treo's, a BB, and tried out the Q for a while.)

Strange too for Alltel since their stand on why they are always so far behind all the other carriers on releasing devices is that they want to let everyone else be the beta testers and then they release the devices when the bugs are worked out. Well, they've certainly dropped the ball this time!!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
Exclamation

I don't post much at all, I mostly just lurk. However, I just wanted to give you guys a heads-up. I have been using the effcomm manger in my today screen to toggle BT, WiFi, on/off since the 2.08 days. I am currently using 2.16 because I need the battery life. I talked for over an hour(thank God my girlfriend has sprint, Free MTM) using my Mogul and Pioneer 980BT cd player, yesterday. Then I connected to my Moto H670 headset and continued to talk for another ~30 mins. I have had no disconnect or dpad problems. BT sound quality is great. Lockups rarely occur every couple of days or so, but thats roughly the same mileage with the 2.08 & 2.09. My phone is somewhat sluggish running 2.16(right on par with my Moto Q with reg. hacks), but not unbearable thanks to X-button & oxios closeapps.

There is a link to get it right here:

http://www.paulbdesign.com/effcomm/

I have attached a pic of my today/homescreen. As you can see, it is a very simple prog, and seems to be working fine for me. YMMV, but it is worth a shot.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg My HomescreenWebReady.jpg (13.2 KB, 87 views) Click for barcode!
Old 11-08-2007, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Arrive
Threadstarter

livejazz is becoming a great contributor
ok. I uninstalled PhoneWeaver and installed the effcomm. Now I will run it through the ringer for a couple days to see. Thanks for the info, Nissan.

matt
Old 11-08-2007, 01:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

NissanGuy01 is a n00b
Give it a shot man. Lemme know how it works out.

BTW, I only turn on BT when I intend to use it. It is easy enough to do using effcomm, being that it is on the today screen. For example, when I am about to get in my car, I turn BT on; and my Radio autopairs perfectly. When I used to leave BT on all the time, it would rarely autopair. It's like it refreshes the BT.
Old 11-08-2007, 04:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NissanGuy01 View Post
Give it a shot man. Lemme know how it works out.

BTW, I only turn on BT when I intend to use it. It is easy enough to do using effcomm, being that it is on the today screen. For example, when I am about to get in my car, I turn BT on; and my Radio autopairs perfectly. When I used to leave BT on all the time, it would rarely autopair. It's like it refreshes the BT.
So far, so good. No problems at all. I will be driving for the next hour through many different brand coverages, including 1x, so will know a lot this evening.

matt
Old 11-09-2007, 08:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Update:

No one is going to beleive this, but I have had no problems at all since I loaded this effcomm radio toggle program. Ran GPS bt and bt audio simultaneously and drove through several market coverage areas with roaming and 1x coverage. No hitches! I will be driving through a very weak att covered area, today, and I am going to run the gps and audio all the while. To me, this phone is, now, what I expect out of it prior to the Rev A update (word is that it will be out prior to Thanksgiving). I would like to see how other people's device will act with this fix. I am serious! No bugs, at all! No D-Pad. No Lock-ups. No BT cut-outs. Nothing. Give it a try.

matt

Last edited by livejazz; 11-09-2007 at 08:41 AM.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Evo 4G

agrenwa is keeping up the good workagrenwa is keeping up the good work
which ROM are you using is it the 2.16 rom with the radio rom that was included in the official HTC 2.16 release (now removed from HTC site) or did you play around with different ROM's?. also are you able to set the phone to roaming only where you can see the roaming icon in the taskbar without lockups? if the answer is yes then we have a perfect running mogul, please confirm.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan