PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2009, 11:51 AM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Working on Making the Saga ROM Ready for Cooking

Hi folks,

While sitting around bored, and looking at the Saga users getting some rom update love, I decided I would attempt to work on making a kitchen for it.

What I have done thus far:

Extracted the OEM, SYS, and ROM directories.

This is how I did it.

I took the exe and unzipped it with 7zip. It might work with other decompression apps, but this is the one I used.

I opened the folder, and took the .rsrc, and renamed it to i770.img.

From here, I used osnbtool to extract an nb file like so:

osnbtool.exe -sp i770.img

I then renamed the nb file to os.nb for ease of use.

Then I extracted the imgfs image.

osnbtool.exe -d os.nb 2 imgfs.bin

Then, I extracted the XIP.

osnbtool.exe -d os.nb 1 xip.bin

TO BE CONTINUED...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:31 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community
Re: Working on Making the Saga ROM Ready for Cooking

If there is no interest in this, let me know so I can stop wasting my time.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:46 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Moving on, grab SYOK, the Omnia kitchen. Its not entirely compatible, but its something to work with.

http://winmo.sztupy.hu/syok.html

Now, from here, I modified the bin extraction tool to extract the imgfs.bin file. This will be attached.

Dragging the bin file to the cmd tool worked to get the OEM and SYS.

Now, make a rom folder in the kitchen. Copy xip.bin to it, as well as dump.exe from tools.

You can now drag xip.bin to dump.exe and it will extract the XIP.

--Problem here. We need an imgfs.src file for the Omnia, and most likely the Saga too. I have no idea how to extract a Saga version. Ideas?

Now, copy the os.nb from before to the kitchen. Its almost ready to cook.

Problem here--Removal has to be done manually. Ive also not tested buildos to see if it works. It may not.

Problem here--how can it be flashed to the Saga?

Hopefully this will kickstart this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-24-2009, 01:50 PM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

Files Ive used.
Attached Files
File Type: zip ExtractROM_bin.zip (477 Bytes, 48 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: zip osnbtool.zip (102.4 KB, 55 views) Click for barcode!
Old 06-24-2009, 03:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: omnia i910 Bgill55 Hybrid Rom!
Carrier: VZW

bgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuffbgill55 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to bgill55

good stuff here, good practice if the Omnia gets an update!!!!

If I Helped you in any way, a simple would be nice!

Visit Me Over at http://Omniarom.com And say Hello!
Old 06-24-2009, 11:05 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i770

MyPhoneIsBlue is a n00b

There is oodles of interest i assure you. The small community of Saga users (mostly gathered at everythingwm and pdaphonehome, tho most check here as well) while pretty savy and willing to hack, is seemingly lacking in the developer department. We'd all love to cook up some roms but noone with the skillz seems to have taken up much interest in the phone (untill now ). For the most part we've had to make do with epix/i780 stuffs and other bits gleaned from other phones.
Old 06-25-2009, 12:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

I am so glad to see someone working on this now. I am no developer by any means, however i am more than willing to introduce you to our local brewery sweetwater
Old 06-25-2009, 02:42 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Saga

pump146 is a n00b

COOK away..Id love to see the custom stuff come out. You'd be the hero of many. the new rom cut into our memory a bit so stripping out the junk would be sweet too
Old 06-25-2009, 04:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

jmorisey is a n00b

Cook away, Chef!!! I can't update with the supplied updater because it does not support Vista 64bit, so as of right now... I am your BIGGEST FAN!!!

(See if you can extract and include the Verizon Visual Voicemail app from the Omnia)

Jon
Old 06-25-2009, 06:15 AM
The Pusher
Threadstarter

I can give you the vvm app from the Omnia, no problem. The problem is there is a dll specific to the Omnia, which most likely will stop it from working. Check my 6.5 thread in Omnia Upgrades forum. Its the second post, that has the file repo.

So...really, what I need a lot of help with, are three things.

1. I need information on how to extract an imgfs.src file for the Saga. I dont know that the Omnia one will work, but perhaps it does.
2. We need a way to flash it to the Saga.
3. I need some brave souls willing to test. I don't own a Saga.

Last edited by Adrynalyne; 06-25-2009 at 06:22 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > Samsung Saga