PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 01:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We got kicked to "Other Devices"!

WOW! I just noticed that the Omnia is no longer a regular device on the WinMo Pro Device Forum...now we're part of the "Other Devices" 'Tear'

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola Droid
Carrier: Verizon

nerdherd is keeping up the good worknerdherd is keeping up the good work
Re: We got kicked to "Other Devices"!

That is sad As long as the Omnia picture remains up top I'll be happy though.
Old 10-29-2009, 02:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

It's the less active forum thing. Every one decided to leave once Adrynalyne did. Not sure why either.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-29-2009, 03:14 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
It's the less active forum thing. Every one decided to leave once Adrynalyne did. Not sure why either.
I think a lot of the Omniacs are still here, they just don't post as often.

Adrynalyne left right as the custom ROMs seemed to be seeing the effects from the "law of diminishing returns", if you know what I mean. Plus Da_G (at that time) had just barely released the newer build of WinMo 6.5 with the huge cosmestic changes which, at first, was incredibly buggy and scared some people off.

Even though there was still development from hardcore guys like yourself, I think the trifecta of Adryn leaving, less "new features" in custom ROMs at the time, and the newer buggier WinMo build caused people to set in on the ROM they were currently running and retired from FA Obviously those issues have all been adressed, but by then it was too late...

Also, nobody uses the same phone forever. Several people have moved to newer phones like the Touch Pro 2 as well, where the community support is 10x larger (currently 22 viewing the Omnia thread now while over 300 are viewing the TP thread) and where more unlocked features are available, such as the HardSPL unlock created by cmonex. The Omnia had no such unlock. As such, our phone is more limited in terms of development.

But it does seem aparent that the sun is now setting on the once great era that was The Omnia
Old 10-29-2009, 03:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

It has been a fun an exciting era though, hasn't it!
Old 10-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Я да не ми фъфлиш, бе!
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

Eschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributionsEschelon should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
It has been a fun an exciting era though, hasn't it!
Agreed, the Omnia was the best phone I've ever owned. And with the painstaking work of people like Adryn, BW, and Bgill (not to mention the support from countless others), the phone was even that much better. Hell, thanks to them we even got to run WinMo 6.5 a full 6 months before Verizon even released it officially (HTC Imagio).

But now it's off to new pastures, I guess. I just can't decide what to do yet Should I get the Touch Pro 2 now that it's unlock is scheduled to be released on this forum today? Should I wait for the Omnia 2 (although I'm not sure I can go without a tactile keyboard for much longer)? Or should I wait to see if Verizon will pick up the godly HTC Leo early next year?

*Sigh* Decisions, decisions...
Old 10-29-2009, 04:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

i use wap 99.9% of the time so i didnt even know it was moved since i have it saved to myforums.
dont know who adrenlyne was but you folks who still lurk here have made my Omnia ownership(my first smartphone and im desktop illiterate as crap too) an awesome experience with all your help and patience
Old 10-29-2009, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung omnia i910
Carrier: verizon

winmofreak is just getting started

i sure hope the omnia doesnt die soon, ive barely gotten into hacking it. heck ive only flashed once. and i probably wont be getting a new device for a loooooooong time(my parents will probably upgrade their phones instead of mine) i have had so much fun hacking this device. ever since cf03 came out it was non stop hacking for me. from spb mobile shell to fingerkeyboard and recently 6.5. i dont know what i would do if the omnia commnity just died.
Old 10-29-2009, 06:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: omnia i910
Carrier: vzw

txter is just getting started

ya...this so far has been my fav phone...thx to custom roms and such. i never like anything out of the box. it seems many are eager to jump to HTC but i may wait for the omnia II. not a big fan of the slider but maybe they'll make a decent one for once. this phone being as great as it is, it can only get better. take the keyboard of the screen and look at all the real estate we will get.
that should set me aside till the release of WM7. not that the OS is that important. its the hardware i want to see. ive read that wm7 is so powerful that the processors out now cant handle it. their going over to Tegra.
the next year should be a good one.
Old 10-29-2009, 07:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

nitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good worknitrous9200 is keeping up the good work

I usually click the "Forums" link and scroll down right to the Upgrades link; I did it today, noticed it was gone and I found it in the less active devices section. [Sobbing ] It is almost a year old and released on only one carrier so it's market penetration wasn't as much as the Touch Pros, for example, and I'm sure many have moved on to a phone like the TP2 with a real keyboard. There may not be quite as much buzz around these parts as there used to be, but the ROM scene is still pretty busy and I'm still very satisfied until my upgrade time rolls around again.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia