PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: vx 6700, Touch, Samsung Omnia, Moto Droid
Carrier: Verizon

iclickjohn is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Titanium, could someone explain what makes it popular?

I'm ready to flash again. I currently have ady's 4.0 OK I like it. I've got a list of questions.

1. Why does everyone love titanium? I've tried to use it but it seems like so much scrolling up and down then sideways forever just to find an app or contact. And it's dizzying to specifically know where you are in that "scroll". And I know that I must be the one missing something here because everyone else uses it. I LOVE Mobile Shell 3.5 (and the newer version) because for me, it gets right to the point now!

2. My screen has dull areas that don't tap items so well. a third of the way up and to the right. Is that because I scroll the #$%! out of that area. Or is it a software issue. If not, does VZ replace it for a good price?

3. Since Adrynalyn has moved on, there are those remaining chefs. I've read most of their posts under their download post. Can't seem to make up my mind if I want to just Hard reset what I've got or go with one of the other available ROMs. The question is. Are those ROMs different than Adrynalyn's 4.0. in the sense of hardware function. Are they better to scroll, tap, speed, etc. Any that are more, 6.5 ish than another?

and finally 4. Any way to get the internet to POP up ON instantly? My base ROM uses the X key that is nice. When I go to my SPB UI the X goes back to kill only. Any ideas of how to get nice X on SPB UI? I don't know the name of nice X. but it's the one that just closes the app without turning it off. And it is also a device manager that can turn one or all off.

Side note. (WM Vs. Android) I've seriously been studying the HTC Hero running Android. If that comes to Verizon there is going to be one heck of a battle going on in my mind between it and the II. The future is "VOICE" recognition, i.e. older eyes, fatter fingers, swerving into the left lane. you KNOW you've done it, don't lie. We're all lucky we're still alive. I need a system that keeps me in the right lane. (I've tried many times to get Vlingo to work, nata) Voice Command, Very limited.

Last edited by iclickjohn; 10-11-2009 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor
Re: Titanium, could someone explain what makes it popular?

put programs to the top of start menu by holding and picking move to top.

And ask for a replacement. it is still under samsungs warrenty you will get a refurbished hand set and you put your back cover and battery on it and its free.
my new phon works way better.

For less headache i have gon back to pre 6.7 roms and went back to 6.5 wich is like adrynlins 3.0 rom

And about android i like it it has potential but beside what apple did as far as user interface i think windows is way ahead of the pack. There is alot more you can do for now and realy escedpt for the hardware you can make a windows mobile phone do and look like any other phone out there. Try to tether on an iphone. I know thats att bhut i do like winmo and as long as better phones keep coming out i will stay
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Omnia II

Robtao is keeping up the good workRobtao is keeping up the good work

[QUOTE=iclickjohn;1230768]I'm ready to flash again. I currently have ady's 4.0 OK I like it. I've got a list of questions.

1. Why does everyone love titanium? I've tried to use it but it seems like so much scrolling up and down then sideways forever just to find an app or contact. And it's dizzying to specifically know where you are in that "scroll". And I know that I must be the one missing something here because everyone else uses it. I LOVE Mobile Shell 3.5 (and the newer version) because for me, it gets right to the point now!

Totally with you on that, Bro.

I can't answer the question about Titanium, because I don't get it. What is the attraction? What does that today page do for you? It doesn't look good to me, and it doesn't work for me. The Start menu is better, but not my preference.

Obviously, to each his own, but I was hoping somebody would actually explain what they like about it, (PLEASE?) cause maybe we Titanium haters need to learn something.

My favorite ROMs in concept were the ones where Titanium was removed. Next to that, I like the concept of minimalist Titanium to preserve space.

Mostly because I am not going to use it. In either case, like iclickjohn, I prefer MS3 or MS3.5.

Verizon: XV6700, XV6800 w/ROMs cooked in PPCGeeks Kitchen, Omnia i910 with cac2us ROM and Omnia 2 with Ninja4Hire's ROMS.

Last edited by Robtao; 10-12-2009 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia
Carrier: VZW

blackmeto is becoming a great contributor

titanium is predominately in all of the 6.5 roms simply for the fact that the secret to adding other shells to these unofficial roms has not been found yet.
Though there are changes coming like this rom that was released by airreak a few days ago

http://omniarom.com/forum/index.php?topic=815.0

so in a minute i expect it to be wide open
Old 10-12-2009, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Shells have been added to custom ROMs for a long time. I have had MS3 in my ROMs a couple of times. Besides TF2D is not that special.

Titanium has a bunch of possible looks. Here is but one.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 10-12-2009, 05:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Ok, I gotta know what's going on here BW? That's really cool! JMLPanex perhaps?

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM
dearls

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Shells have been added to custom ROMs for a long time. I have had MS3 in my ROMs a couple of times. Besides TF2D is not that special.

Titanium has a bunch of possible looks. Here is but one.
What clock etc are you using in titanium there, looks really cool.....
Old 10-12-2009, 06:05 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

It's the SENSE theme on modaco
http://www.modaco.com/content/i9x0-o...itanium-sense/
Old 10-12-2009, 08:22 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenskeeper805 View Post
Pretty cool isn't it? That guy did a bang up job on this.

Best part of WM is that you can change your look at any point in time to suit your mood. Try doing that on the iPhone.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:15 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Omnia

sitnstand is a n00b

You know, imo I really don't know why people like titanium... Anytime i flash i just disable all the junk and install pointui with sensesuite and all is well with me. I don't mean to knock the chefs, i mostly flash to find a fast, stable rom and to see what's new. Most of the time i end up back with adryn 2.0 for some reason... But right now since i have some free time, i flashed bw finished black windows phone rom. So far its good but it's gonna take some time to get used to the task bar and switch from app to app. btw, its been months since my last flash.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia