PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 03:40 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

Phantom27 is keeping up the good workPhantom27 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pocket CM on my Omnia

Ok, so after hearing about how AWESOME Pocket CM is...

I decided to install it. However, it works ok, but with some problems. Maybe I'm just not doing it correctly.

1.) When I go to "messaging", it just brings up the WM version, not the Pocket CM version of messaging. It seems that the only way to get to the CM version of messaging is to load the Pocket CM 'program' and then click on a contact.

2.) Some of the buttons on the bottom are not shown until I push them.

This program looks great, I hope I can get it to work right.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Pocket CM on my Omnia

Phantom27....I have used PocketCM almost since the first release, so hopefully I can help out a bit!!

For messaging, you have to go through PocketCM, either through the contact, or the SMS button for incomming. You can't get to it through hitting the WM message menu. I am playing around with it, I think maybe a reg tweak can associate all SMS with PocketCM, but I want to be very careful not to mess up the email or MMS parts....I'll let you know how it goes!!

As for the buttons...they take getting used to. If you do a long press on Phone you see another set of buttons appear on top of the original 4....DON'T let go....keeping pressure on the screen move your finger up and to the option you want THEN release!!!!

On the latest version Tene got the Dream skin working on the Omnia, but for earlier versions the Black theme works best!!!

You will also find it a lot easier and faster to use if you keep it running in the background all the time, and empty your SMS cache occasionally!!

Feel free to ask anything else, I will try to help!!!

Old 01-05-2009, 02:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
SMS button for incomming.
What is this?
Old 01-05-2009, 02:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

osyrus is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phantom27 View Post
What is this?
he means tagging it to the Messaging button.
Old 01-05-2009, 03:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

OH... I use HTC Home and I just click on the number of new texts and it loads the WM message app. I like Pocket Cm but only if it intregrates into WM well. I don't like having WM sometimes and Pocket CM sometimes.

I don't care about the contact portion, just the messaging part.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:07 PM
VIP Member

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

That is exactly what I am going to try to do. I have thought about it in the past, but never got around to it! Now that it isn't just me interested in it, maybe I'll give it a shot!!!
Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

osyrus is just getting started

I think if u go into the settings of the pocket cm it says like always pop up or somthing like that then it'll work the way u want to.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:03 PM
VIP Member

In theory yes, unfortunatly it also tends to close at times, you have to keep on it. I am trying to find a script or something to keep it running in the background as well!
Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
DaGreatOne
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (white)!

shaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuffshaun0207 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to shaun0207 Send a message via Yahoo to shaun0207 Send a message via Skype™ to shaun0207

Quote:
Originally Posted by osyrus View Post
I think if u go into the settings of the pocket cm it says like always pop up or somthing like that then it'll work the way u want to.

yeah, there is an option to have Pocket CM brought to the front when receiving a text message.

@ the OP: how come you dont like the WM Threaded Text Messaging that is included in 6.1? alot of people complain bout it, but it does me just fine.Only think i miss is smileys. and u get use to that

Old 01-05-2009, 06:27 PM
VIP Member

I can't speak for the OP, but Ihave used PocketCM on my 700wx (WM5) for a couple years, and love the look of the threaded SMS, it actually looks like a (comic book yes) conversation with the text bubbles coming from different sides of the screen. To me, that is a lot easier than trying to read the WM threaded which is basically just a list of texts. There is nothing wrong with it, I just prefer the PocketCM 'look'.

P.S. in the WM threaded....what is the (1/2) (12/31)....after the name of who wrote the text?I could never figure that out!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia