PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 08:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia Hacks / Tips / Tricks

Thanks for contributing Adrynalyne!! Important hacks for all to know/share in!!!

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:13 PM
The Pusher
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Disable SMS sent notification that pops up when sending SMS.

HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/Settings

create a DWORD value named SMSNoSentMsg and set the value to 1.

Soft reset.

Or import this reg file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Settings.zip (289 Bytes, 121 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
The Pusher

Adrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the communityAdrynalyne is a trusted member of the community

Enable SilverInbox, which skins Microsoft Outlook in the same manner as in the PhoneBook and dialer.

Use at your own risk, I have found it to be finger friendly, and nice looking, but buggy.

HKCU\Software\Samsung\MiniToday

Set silverInbox key from a 0 to 1.

Soft reset.

Or import this reg file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip silverinbox.zip (284 Bytes, 93 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:18 PM
The Pusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by syrguy1969 View Post
Thanks for contributing Adrynalyne!! Important hacks for all to know/share in!!!
Glad to contribute
Old 01-04-2009, 09:20 PM
The Pusher

Change WinMo fonts.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nueFont.aspx

Download and install nueFont. Copy fonts from your computer to the \Windows\fonts folder and launch the program. I use segoe UI.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:27 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrynalyne View Post
Change WinMo fonts.

http://www.nuerom.com/BlogEngine/page/nueFont.aspx

Download and install nueFont. Copy fonts from your computer to the \Windows\fonts folder and launch the program. I use segoe UI.
That does look interesting, I have thought about changing fonts in the past, but I was always leary of having it changed in EVERYTHING!!!!

I see it offers a few choices of areas, but I am still leary about it. I would LOVE to change the font on S2U2, and maybe on the icons, but I am not sure about in texting, or contacts, notes.....

Also....do you know of a sample page of fonts so we can see before trying?

Thanks
Old 01-04-2009, 09:34 PM
The Pusher

Not other than googling, no

You could always use a font viewer on your computer and preview what they look like. This wont change every font, unfortunately. For example, everything under Launcher.exe is unaffected, as far as I can tell.
Old 01-04-2009, 09:44 PM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

I'll look into it..thanks Adrynalyne!!

To all!!!!

There is a new hack to get better volume through your BT on the second post!!!
Old 01-04-2009, 09:52 PM
The Pusher

Skin your Main Menu.

Copy \Windows\launcher.exe.T1.skin to your desktop. Use Resource Hacker to edit the BMP resources or 212,214 for protrait and 213, 215 for landscape. Then overwrite the original and soft reset. Use something like Resco File Explorer. To revert, simply delete the file.

My current project:

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:49 AM
VIP Member
Threadstarter

smilepak......I have had a change to get through your site....very cool!! You do have a lot of info in there, and I am glad you posted it here, Thanks again!!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia