PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2009, 12:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Omnia problems and solutions thread!!!

There is one in the WinMo Button options, it's called <Input Panel>

Don't forget to click THANKS for those who have helped!
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1
Carrier: Verizon

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

forgive me if this has been asked/answered before but how do i delete stock ringtones? when i highlight them in Windows delete is grayed out and doesnt work. i dont use them,like them and that would free up some decent memory for ones i do like and more apps. thanks
Old 10-21-2009, 09:54 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 4

syrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributionssyrguy1969 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

OK...I may be wrong here (it has happened before), but deleting the stock ringtones won't help same memory. They are part of the ROM, and even if you succeed in deleting them (RESCO explorer should do the trick) they will come back at the next reset.

Old 10-21-2009, 10:35 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Pure (TD2, Topaz)
Carrier: AT&T

greenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuffgreenskeeper805 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark elmore View Post
Wirelessly posted (Omnia1: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; Windows CE; Opera Mobi/9.5; U; en) VZW:SCH-i910 PPC 240x400)

forgive me if this has been asked/answered before but how do i delete stock ringtones? when i highlight them in Windows delete is grayed out and doesnt work. i dont use them,like them and that would free up some decent memory for ones i do like and more apps. thanks
You really need to flash to a custom ROM if your running outta memory. I've run out of things to install on my phone and I still have 50MB left.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Omnia1

mark elmore is keeping up the good workmark elmore is keeping up the good work

ok. thanks. i will start looking at custom roms. im not running out yet. the left memory is always hovering around 30-40 mb left. the right memory stays around 50mb left unless im running several things at once.
Old 10-22-2009, 05:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i8000
Carrier: att

JohnHere999 is a n00b

Thanks for being here everyone. I'm new to this community also. I have the Omnia 2 and bought it before it was released in U.S. so I get no support from Samsung here and at&t is useless - not their device.

Anyway, I'm trying to understand why I get bad reception everywhere and if there is a way of making it stronger. One suggestion was to change the band settings but, being new to this, don't know how. Are there step by step instructions on this? thx
Old 10-22-2009, 10:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHere999 View Post
Thanks for being here everyone. I'm new to this community also. I have the Omnia 2 and bought it before it was released in U.S. so I get no support from Samsung here and at&t is useless - not their device.

Anyway, I'm trying to understand why I get bad reception everywhere and if there is a way of making it stronger. One suggestion was to change the band settings but, being new to this, don't know how. Are there step by step instructions on this? thx
probably because you have a phone that is meant for the European frequencies and might only pock up on only part of what att has to offer. The other thing is depending on where you live att has lousy reception compared to Verizon and sprint. Atliest where i live nere Portland Oregon.
Old 10-22-2009, 10:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Motorola droid, droid eris for a backup

phullofphil is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark elmore View Post

ok. thanks. i will start looking at custom roms. im not running out yet. the left memory is always hovering around 30-40 mb left. the right memory stays around 50mb left unless im running several things at once.
The new roms are defently the way to go and after the first time you will notice alot of improvements if done right. The stock rom is not really that bad but there is limited memmory on the phone and you will only use a fraction of whats on the phone. But to get those off you might nedd to try unlees sombody already said is either total comander or resco explorer. Go to the options and settings and make sure to get all the permissions that you can. If you do that you should be able to delete any thing you see. Or go in through the somputer after making the phone into a input device pr what ever make it come up as a drive letter instead idk if that that will work but resco is a free trial and total comander is free. I use resco and have almost not limitations.
Old 10-23-2009, 04:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: omnia i8000
Carrier: att

JohnHere999 is a n00b

Thanks for the info. So, there's no way to change the band settings to U.S. frequencies?
Old 10-23-2009, 07:38 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnHere999 View Post
Thanks for the info. So, there's no way to change the band settings to U.S. frequencies?
Nope, they have to be installed from the factory.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM Other Manufacturers > Samsung Omnia